I'll Miss You Young and Free

Nighttime Talks

"Kirby, can you braid my hair please?" I put my brush down and walked over to where Lucy sat with her brush.

"Feeling better, love?" She shrugged, and I noticed she never even so much as glanced at her reflection.

"Lucy, what's wrong?" my fingers twirled through her hair, braiding gracefully.

"Boys never look at me the way they look at Susan, or the way Caspian looks at you." I felt my heart beat heavily, excited, but didn't let it show.

"He doesn't look at me in anyway, Lucy. and if he does, I wouldn't doubt that it was in annoyance." That got her to crack a smile for me.

"Kirby, he does. I've caught him several times." I shook my head.

"Lucy, I can name 5 people who I've caught looking at you that way." She looked shocked, but didn't ask who. "You are a beautiful girl, love. Don't ever let yourself think different."

I finished the tie at the end of her hair, smiling at her in the mirror. "There. Beautiful." She met my eyes in the mirror and gave a forced smile, still not once looking at herself.

~~~

Lucy fell asleep quickly with the rocking of the waves, her soft almost snore like breathing could've put me to sleep on any regular night.

But tonight I had one thought in my head.

She had caught Caspian looking at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
so I totally just realized that I never clarified that the story title was inspired by "dance 'round the memory tree" a song off the caspian soundtrack :)

Teenagedream91 I want to apologize for all the crappy communication through text/writing. XD so this chapter was for you hun :)