Saving Adele's Heart.

of adele's heart.

Image
It was weeks later when he saw her again. He was walking home from his school, the ordinary catholic one he’d been destined to go to since his birth. He’d passed Elaine’s school for girls like he would everyday, and there she was, making her way out with another girl. The girl looked to be showing her around, like she was a new student. Luke was relieved to see her, she was thought of before he slept and when he awoke. She meant more than a normal girl.

He had to know her. He didn’t know what he was feeling, he was too busy to call it love at first sight, but there was something that she had, something so pure and rich and frightening that he couldn’t look away.

He wanted her, as a friend, as a lover, as somebody. He needed her in his life. The sad thing was, he didn’t even know her name.

Image


Adrianna chewed on her bubble gum. The sound it made as it smacked against her mouth was loud, but she didn’t care. The girl with her–Adele was her name–wasn’t complaining. She would just look up for a moment, and look back at her shoes, which were shabby and worn out. Adele had just arrived, a day after the semester started.

Lame.

“So yeah,” smack, her gum sounded. “That’s the building we use for the IP classes, which I was told you were taking, and um, there’s an extra library in there too.”

Adele nodded. “Then that’s it?” She looked hopeful.

Adrianna rolled her eyeliner-rimmed eyes. “Do you see any other buildings?” Adrianna didn’t like Adele very much. She was small, shy, and she didn’t look very interesting. Her clothes were designer labels, yet they were older styles. She had hardly any makeup on, maybe some mascara, yet that was it. She didn’t try. Yet she was one of the girls who would thrive at Elaine’s. She got good grades, and she looked like a girl who stayed out of trouble. She’d fit right in.

Adrianna didn’t care to watch as she descended. Most likely, she would never speak to her again. It was a big school, and it wasn’t like Adrianna to make effort.

As she was about to start her car, a silver Toyota she had gotten used, she heard a tap on the window and saw a athletic boy with short brown hair. She rolled the window down and sighed. If he wasn’t hot she wouldn’t have bothered. “Yes,” She spoke.

“You know that girl you were walking with?” Adrianna nodded. “Would you mind telling me her name?” She wanted to roll the window shut and drive away yet she didn’t. He looked so hopeful and familiar that she gave in.

“Her name was Adele. She just got here today.” The window rolled up and she stepped on the gas. Would guys ever be interested in her?
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter, better than nothing?
Comment please!