love like woahh.

1/1

The stars in the night sky sparkled on this cold January night. The night was a bright one from the full moo that was out. Most were inside, cuddled up by the warm fire, but not Jason who was snuggling in his small coat as he walked down the sidewalk.

His hand was holding a small bag from the trip he had made this morning. It took him all day to find just exactly what he wanted, but once he did, it was an obvious answer that the gift was absolutely perfect.

The wind blew much worse than before and he shivered, walking faster. He had reached the driveway of his house and smiled as he looked through the window, seeing the dining room lit up and ready for supper. Though that wasn’t the reason for his smile, he was smiling as he stared at the girl sitting at the dining room table, staring at her untouched food. His eyes shined as turned away from the window and quickly went inside the house through the front door.

The house was warm, cozy, and festive. The Christmas tree was still up, its lights bright and radiant. By now, Jason would have had the tree picked up, but Emberly had still wanted the tree up so it could still feel like Christmas.

He took the gift out the bag, quickly putting it in his pocket before he walked into the dining room. The grin grew back on his face when he saw the look of surprise on Emberly’s face once she had looked up at him. In mere seconds,, Emberly was out of her seat, and into the arms of Jason.

He gave her a sweet, adoring kiss, one full of love before he had to pull away to give them both air. They smiled at each other for a few seconds, before sitting down at the table to eat. All during the meal, which was meatloaf, mash potatoes, and green beans, no words were spoken between the two. The quiet meal didn’t last long, but it was peaceful. Jason and Emberly would have enjoyed every minute of it, but tonight was different, Jason was nervous and Emberly was worried.

Jason’s hands were shaking during the whole meal. At twenty-five years old, he had never been this nervous before in his life. He wasn’t even this nervous when he shot his first gun though now couldn’t compare to that memory. This moment meant and means so much more to him than shooting a gun, this decision was his future..

On the other hand, Emberly was scared, worried, and close to tears. She couldn’t keep from wondering what was wrong with Jason. The worst came to her mind as she continuously thought of all the possible ideas. He could be leaving her,or maybe cheating, or maybe he was gay? With those thoughts, the fear she felt grew, now showing clear as day on her face.

Jason glanced over at Emberly, frowning when he saw her so close to tears. He stood up and hurried, knocking his chair down behind him, towards her. He was quick to rush her into his arms and hug her. Emberly though, was more confused than ever, but hugged him back anyway. Jason had a soft smile on his face, glad that she wasn’t mad at him like he had thought and pulled away, too quickly for Emberly which caused her to burst into tears, the whole while figuring her thoughts were right.

Jason was in front of her in an instant, wiping the tears away. Once Emberly could see past the watery blur she gasped, shocked. Jason was in front of her, down on one knee. He had the biggest grin on his face as she stared down at him and the ring. “Marry me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
took a break from my life as an abused teen story, got writer's block.. so i decided to write a one shot to help with the writer's block.. that and all the shit on my mind.
btw, 637 words.

comment?(: