Status: No Copyright infringement intended on the pictures. The wallpaper was made my Mallemagic from Deviantart. She's really cool, but I just love this picture so much, it characterized what the story is aiming to.

Millenia Love

Butterflies

The helicopter landed with a light thud. I sighed.
“She’s definitely not in trouble,” I told Tea sarcastically, “because people who aren’t being kidnapped always use helicopters to get around.” She didn’t seem to hear me jeer at her.
“What are we gonna do?” she panicked, “This is really weird, and I don’t know what to do!” She dug her cleanly manicured nails into my arm. With the sudden shock of her reaction to the helicopter digging into my arm and the cold chill of the night, I shivered. I grabbed the hysterical girl’s wrist and gave her a firm glance.
“Panicking isn’t going to do anything,” I yelled to her over the helicopter’s rudders slicing the October air, “We have to do something, now.” In the spurt of the moment, I raced from our distanced hiding spot towards the abnormally sized man holding Taura. I couldn’t control myself, and it was like I was watching someone entirely different react. I saw myself fling my body on the man’s back, and wrap my arms around his neck. I attempted pulling his chin up so he couldn’t breathe and let go of Taura, but it only caused his grip to get stronger on her, and on me. It was as if I was only a leaf on his shoulder, because he grabbed my arms and chucked me right across the rooftop. I bounced once about ten feet away, then bounced right over the edge of the building. At the angle I was at, I was able to grab the edge before falling twenty-three stories to the alley way, where my sandal slipped off my foot to. It was dark, so it was difficult to see what was below. If I fell, it was hard to say where I would land. Even through the yelling gruff voices of the men from the helicopter and the kidnapper, and the whirring of the rudders were blaring through the night, I heard the most horrified shout over all this.
“Pharaoh!” Taura had come to and ungagged herself in time to see me bounce off the roof. Things were moving so fast, it was hard to think about what to do. I had just met this girl and now she was being kidnapped. It didn’t make sense as to why this was happening. Tea doubted helping, and I almost sided with her, but there was something about this girl that made me want to save her. Why? I was thinking too much for a guy who was hanging off the side of a twenty-three story building. Taura was attempting to free herself from her captor, but it was as if her punches on his back were nothing. The helicopter had landed on the roof now, and people on the streets were beginning to stir and look up curiously. The men noticed and motioned for Taura’s captor to hustle so they could leave without getting caught. Taura screamed for me as his strides moved faster. She kicked and punched as much as she could, but she was soon tied up in the helicopter. I used all my stamina to lift myself back up. As soon as the helicopter eased from the ground, Tea and Tristan burst through the door onto the roof top. All they noticed was Taura on the helicopter. I rolled onto the roof and instantly bolted for it. Tristan and Tea stared dumbfounded at me as I hurled myself onto the skid and held tight. As soon as the copter was fully in the air, it heaved into the sky with such might, I almost let go from the sudden jolt forward. The twenty-three stories I was dangling from felt like nothing now from up here, because the people on the ground were just specks. The men didn’t seem to notice I was taken for a ride. I slowly pulled myself over to the helicopter door which was conveniently nonexistent. It was then fear panged in my chest. What was I supposed to do now? How was I going to save Taura if it was a mile drop to the ground and I was clearly outnumbered by invincible human giants? I didn’t even have a plan!
I looked back into helicopter. Taura was crying shakily when she noticed me. Her eyes grew wide with relief to see me and fear for the position I was in, but she swiped away the look to prevent the men from noticing. She was very good at acting, because the men didn’t suspect a thing. I was in a difficult situation, but Taura gave me a stern look, telling me to hold on a second. She scanned the cabin and her eyes grew a little in acknowledgement. I didn’t know what she saw, but I assumed she was trying to get me something to fight with. She nonchalantly kicked a small baseball bat a little over the edge, showing me she was gonna pass it to me. She gave it the tiniest nudge, and it flew out of the cabin. I barely caught it before it dropped down to the ground. I was about to leap into the helicopter, but Taura stopped me by attempting to talk to one of the men.
“Who are you? What do you want with me?” her voice cracked with a sob to make it believable. The men ignored her with stone poker faces. One man, however, told her it was none of her business.
“How is it none of my business if you kidnapped me? It obviously has to do with me, making it my business!” He grabbed her by the hair and told her all she had to do was stay there and look pretty until they’d sell her.
“To whom?” she asked with a sincerely frightened voice. The slime bucket snickered.
“Someone who’s more famous than you’ll ever be,” he hissed like a snake. We were over the ocean now, a good distance away from the city lights. I was surprised no one was pursuing us already to rescue Taura.
“Someone with an island?” Taura had also noticed we were over the ocean. The men just snickered.
“Don’t worry, they’ll never find you,” They chuckled. At this point, Taura shot me a quick warning glance to wait until we knew who it was, but I flung myself into the cabin and slammed the bat into the man holding Taura’s face out of rage. He stumbled back and almost fell out of the cabin. The two other men stood up and pulled out their guns. Taura shrieked a little and stood up, ropes in her hands. She had untied herself while no one was paying attention. She grabbed a gun in one of the chair pockets and slammed the butt into the closest man’s head. He stumbled a bit, but gathered himself in time for a second hit. He lost his balance and flew out of the cabin into the sea below. The second man was so shocked, that he pulled the trigger aiming towards Taura. I had just slammed the bat against the other man when I heard the shot. The man I hit was stunned at the loud noise, he accidentally slipped out of the cabin. Just as I thought he was a goner, he grabbed my ankle and pulled me out with him. I grabbed the skid again as his weight made it unbearable to hold on. I didn’t know if Taura was ok or not, and I didn’t know what was gonna happen next. Suddenly, a body flew out of the other side of the cabin and crashed into the water before I could get a good look at who it was. I could have sworn it was Taura, and I cried out in despair and pain from the man trying to climb up my leg. Just as I thought there was nothing left to do, a bat swung out of the cabin and hit the man on my leg square in the face. His grip released in shock, and he flew down to the water below. A hand reached down and hoisted me up into the cabin. Taura held me tight and buried her face in my chest and cried. I instantly embraced her, relieved, back. Even though we’d only met a week before, I felt as if she was already close to me. When my arms were around her, my heart suddenly started thumping rapidly, and my stomach fluttered. I’d never felt like this before, but it was a good feeling, I think. What was weird was that I felt her heart beating fast, too. Maybe we were both just flustered from what we’d just done. Taura must’ve read my mind, because she let me go and began sobbing with her face in her palms.
“We just killed people, we just killed people,” she repeated sorrowfully. I put my arms around her once more and didn’t let go. It was strange, when I embraced her once more, I felt I didn’t ever want to let go again.
“Don’t worry yourself about it,” I told her, stroking her sandy silk hair, “they were trying to kidnap you, so you had the right to free yourself.” She looked up at me, the kohl running down her rosy cheeks in thick black streams. Her saddened ocean eyes softened to an appreciative smile. At that moment, even though we were still being whisked away on her kidnapper’s helicopter, we just sat there for several moments staring into each other’s eyes. I don’t know why, but I just kept staring back. She released herself awkwardly when I did when we realized that the pilot hadn’t heard anything. The wall between the cabin and the cockpit seemed to be soundproof, but I was dumbfounded when Taura slipped and landed on a large gun. Somehow, her butt set off the trigger and shot into the cockpit. Instantly, the helicopter began to dive down to the sea. I whisked open the door to see the bullet had somehow gone all the way through the soundproof wall and shot the pilot square in the head. He just laid there, dead. Taura shrieked when she saw. I pulled him out of the only pilot seat (there didn’t seem to be room for a co-pilot) and pulled him into the cabin. By the time I had strapped him into one of the seatbelts, Taura was sitting in the pilot’s seat. I was thrown back into the ex-pilot. I pulled my way up to the cockpit to see Taura was attempting to fly the helicopter herself.
“What the hell are you doing?” I asked her nervously, “You don’t even know how to fly this thing!” She didn’t look at me as she pulled the steering wheel thing up and pushed buttons. The helicopter stopped swerving and hovered. She looked up at me.
“Only need to know how to make it stop,” She smiled, just as surprised at herself as I was.
“How do we get back now?” I asked. She scanned the controls and picked up a headset. She put it on and began turning dials.
“Now what are you doing?” I asked. She gave me a look.
“If I knew, I’d tell you,” she said, “And right now, I know that I saw this on a movie.” I must’ve looked shocked because she gave me another look, only as if to say ‘well, what else can we do?’
“You can’t possibly think that if you saw it on a movie, that—” I was interrupted by the sound of a radio transmission and scraggly voices on the other end. It sounded like police transmissions. Taura shot me a victorious look before talking back into the transmission.
“Hello? We need help! We just got kidnapped and we took ever the helicopter! Please help!” It sounded slightly ridiculous, and the man on the other end seemed to think so, too.
“Miss, we only answer to real emergencies,” the man said, “Also, it’s illegal to—” the man was interrupted by another.
“Jim, she might be telling the truth, we just got an urgent report on a helicopter kidnapping. Witnesses say it was that one girl who was taken; she sings for Skeptical Essence or something.” The other man replied back with:
“Do we have her name on file?”
“No, no one knows her name,” the man told his friend.
“Then how do we know this is her?” he asked.
“Does it matter? Someone was kidnapped,” he said. Me and Taura kind of sat back and listened to these two policemen bicker.
“We can’t do anything yet, though, isn’t there something in protocol that says something about it?” The other man decided to take over talking to Taura.
“Miss, we can’t send anybody out to get you yet, but I can help guide you to fly home,” He said. Taura agreed with flying herself. The man told her to twist some nozzle on the steering wheel thing enough clockwise to turn the helicopter. She started twisting it slowly, and he told her to let it go when she was facing the city. When the distant city lights were in view, she let go. The man then told her to push the wheel thing ahead of her to ease the copter forward. She started out slow, but became confident with the wheel and accelerated a little more. The man advised her to keep a slow pace, but she kept going at a quick speed. Soon, we were nearing the city again. She told the man in the transmission that we were nearing the beach, and he hesitated a little bit, unsure what to do next, I bet.
“Miss, we’re gonna need you to land on the beach,” He said, “It’s in the city, and easy for you. Hover a moment so I can clear the beach, ok?” Taura was already over the sandy shores of the city, and decently low in altitude. Even though we could see officers clearing the beach, the loud whirring of the rudders was scaring the few people there out of the way. It wasn’t long before the officer had found the copter’s transmission again and told us to land. Taura just sat there.
“Sir, I don’t know how to land,” she said. He seemed a little hesitant on the other line.
“Well, there’re certain buttons you’d have to press, but just lower a rope ladder, and I’ll send someone up to land it.” I kicked the rope down to a man motioning to us on the beach, and he grabbed hold. He yanked himself up the ladder effortlessly and I helped him into the cabin. He looked surprised to see another person, dressed as a Pharaoh, I might add, on the copter. He brushed me aside and headed into the cockpit. The moment he saw Taura, he froze in her beauty. His eyes grew wide. Taura rolled her eyes.
“Sir, are you going to land this, or do I have to crash land it?” She asked. He brushed her aside as well, then, and grabbed the steering wheel. My friend vacated the pilot’s seat for the young man. He flipped a few switches and pushed a couple buttons, and then the copter started to ease down to the beach. When the helicopter had landed, I grabbed Taura’s arm and led her to the ground. I jumped down first, and then I held my hand up to her. She grabbed it and jumped down. She stumbled, but I caught her in my arms. She smiled up at me. It was a soft, tender smile, and my heart and stomach went crazy again. I started to wonder why I felt this way whenever I was holding her or when she smiled at me. It was peculiar. The cops entered the cabin and were shocked to find our dead buddy there. One cop came up to us and handed us blankets.
“You have some explaining to do,” He said with a stern voice. I wrapped a plush blanket around her shoulders, and draped a fuzzy one around mine. The police man led us to a black and white car, and I kept my arm around Taura’s shoulders, even when we were driving away from the scene.

It was about three am when we were freed from the police station. I waited with Taura in the lobby, sitting right next to her until her manager came and picked her up. Yugi’s grandpa was on his way to pick us up, as well. Yugi hadn’t said anything the whole night as to not distract me from what was happening. When the whole scene was unfolding before his eyes; the helicopter, the men, the accidental killing of the pilot, shocked him to silence. When we were being questioned in the station, I told the cops what had happened word for word. They asked me how I ended up on the helicopter, and I told them I jumped on to the skid, just as it had happened. I wasn’t sure what Taura told them, but she wasn’t in trouble. The record on the man that was shot was blank, no name no nothing. The other men weren’t found, but GPS located the spots where they had landed in the water. What was also strange was that they also caught whiff of a nameless boat stopping at each location the men had fallen in. They were assumed to have been rescued, but there wasn’t enough evidence to hold us over night. The only evidence they found were my fingerprints on the skid, and the men’s fingerprints on the guns, who also had blank records. They let us go, so here we were, just waiting to go home. We were silent awhile before she spoke up.
“Thank you for saving me,” she said, “I couldn’t have gotten away without you.” I accepted her thanks with a nod and a smile. It was silent again before she asked:
“Why did you jump on the helicopter, though? It was a twenty-three story drop to the street, and you risked the jump anyways, Pharaoh. Why?” She stared at me with her ocean eyes.
“If I knew, I’d tell you,” I told her, “And I know that I don’t know why.” She smiled at her own words being twisted.
“Why don’t you know?” she asked, “You risked dying tonight for me. Why?”
“Because maybe I wanted to keep you safe,” I smiled, “There’s always those crazy fans.” She chuckled.
“Those aren’t fans,” she said under her breath, “Those aren’t fans.” A black SUV pulled in front of the station and her manager came out to come get her. He went to the front desk and began signing her out. After he’d done so, he went back to the car, motioned for Taura, and waited inside. She turned to me and smiled.
“Well, this certainly has been one hell of a night, hasn’t it?” she chuckled, “I still can’t thank you enough.”
“Anything for a friend,” I replied, “No thanks needed.” She smiled again and hugged me. I held my arms around her once more, and she eased away.
“I’d better go,” she said, “I’ll see you later.” I nodded.
“What are you doing?” Yugi yelled in my ear. He really caught me off guard because my heart was beating fast again and my stomach was doing flips.
“What do you mean ‘what am I doing’?” I told him. He slapped himself in the forehead.
“Don’t let her leave without asking to see her again! Even I know that!” Yugi’s figure disappeared again. Just before she walked out the door, I called out to her.
“Wait!” I said, “Can we, um, hang out, next week? Um, Tuesday, maybe? Only if you want to, of course,” I said awkwardly. I was dumbfounded at myself. I was so nervous around her, and the way my stomach lurched, it was baffling. She smiled and handed me a card. It had her manager’s number one it, and an extra number below it.
“Call the extra number, it’s really my cousin’s,” She smiled again, “See you Tuesday, I guess.” She entered the SUV; her cousin glared at me from inside. Yugi gave me a thumbs up.

I paced the room in spirit while Yugi sat on his bed, watching me.
“What’s wrong with you?” he said after awhile of silent pacing, “besides the fact you witnessed a kidnapping, almost fell to your death several times, flew a helicopter home and killed a man by accident.” I ignored him.
“What does it mean?” I asked myself aloud. Yugi continued.
“I believe the correct term is manslaughter. You know, because it was an accident,” His choice of words had nothing to do with my thoughts, so it confused me.
“What are you talking about, Yugi?” I asked a little snappishly. He shrugged it off, but replied with the same question.
“Well, what are you talking about, Yami?” he yawned, “I kind of wanna go to sleep, and I can’t do that with you pacing all night. What do you keep thinking about?” I stopped pacing and stared at the floor.
“What is the fluttery feeling you get in your stomach, or when your heart races?” I asked him naively. He yawned again.
“Like how?” he asked. I shrugged, being pretty sure I had just explained the fluttering and heart racing.
“What do you mean how?” I asked, “Whenever I get close to Taura, I—” Yugi’s eyes grew big suddenly and he stared surprised at me with his big purple eyes.
“You mean you don’t know what a crush is?” he asked humorously, “Oh, God, you’re so out of it.” His choice of words confused me again.
“Out of it, what?” I asked. He sighed.
“That means you like Tea, you derp,” he told me, “You think she’s pretty, smart, fun to be around, funny…..pretty eyes, great smile, great friend…..”He was beginning to lose me.
“Wait, what?” I asked, “I didn’t say Tea! What were you thinking about?” I asked slyly. He blushed a bit before continuing on. I gave a chuckle.
“Well, when do you get those feelings?” he asked again. I sighed frustrated.
“Taura!” I told him loudly. He smiled.
“Then that’s who you like,” he said. He’d lost me yet again.
“Of course I like Taura, she’s my friend, I guess. I haven’t known her for very long, at least I don’t think I—” He cut off my blathering.
“No, not friend ‘like’” he told me slowly, “more than a friend ‘like’. You know, you like her a lot!” I was still a little lost.
“But that doesn’t explain the fluttering stomach and rapid heart beating,” I told him firmly. Yugi shook his head.
“Yeah it does. That shows that inside you really do like her more than a friend, but you still haven’t acknowledged it yet. You’re still too inexperienced and unknowing.”
“But I—” he interrupted again.
“Stop being so damn logical,” he said, “I know the way you feel, I can see it all over your face.” He smiled. I stood there awhile when he began to yawn again. I thought maybe I did like her like that, but then another frightening thought came to mind.
“Yugi!” I panicked, “What if I was too forward with her? Will she think I’m weird? I think I completely screwed everything up!” He began to laugh then he interrupted himself with another yawn.
“Yami, relax,” he told me, “She smiled and gave you her number anyways. Call me crazy, but I don’t think that’s the kind of attitude that someone gives another person when they think that person is weird. If that makes sense to you.” I guess he was right. But then I thought of something else.
“What about her cousin?” I told him nervously while he settled under the covers, “She gave me his number and he hates me! I’m also pretty sure he doesn’t want me to be around his little cousin!” Yugi shushed me.
“Stop thinking and go to sleep,” he mumbled half-asleep, “You need it more than I do, and I’m exhausted.” With that, he finally dozed off, leaving me with and empty room and a head filled with questions and thoughts running a thousand miles an hour. I couldn’t sleep that night because, when I started thinking about Taura again, my stomach and my beating heart wouldn’t let me.