Vampire Heart

Assault

Later that night, while Crissy was at the frat party, Pixie was sitting at one of the tables in the library, studying. Half of the time, however, she spent wondering about the mysterious man she had met at the Lake Side Cafe earlier. She wondered why he would just disappear on her like he did, why he did not even tell her his name.

'It's all so confusing,' she thought. 'What makes him even more mysterious is that he isn't even a student here. And he looked so damn familiar, too. . .'

Eventually, she gave up thinking about it, because all the thoughts running through her mind began to give her a headache. Instead, she just thought about how attractive he was.

'Fuck going to a frat party,' Pixie thought. 'I'd much rather spend the night in my dream guy's apartment!'

A blush made its way onto her face, and she started to gather all her belongings into her bag. As she headed out the door, she hummed the tune for the song "Still Waters Run Deep" by The 69 Eyes. While she hummed, she fantasized about the stranger she had met earlier that day.

'Wow, I'm such a dumbass,' she thought. 'I don't even know his name, and I'm fantasizing about him! I must be desperate if I'm daydreaming about a stranger.' She paused for a minute before smiling to herself. 'A beautiful stranger at that!'

She went in the direction of her dorm building, completely unaware that there was no one else out. She was too into her dreamland to be cautious of her surroundings. Pixie was even able to pass by the alley where the murder had taken place without even glancing at it. Clearly, her head was in the clouds.

It was when she was almost to her dorm building that a hand reached out from an alley, grabbing Pixie by the arm and pulling her into the darkness. She opened her mouth to scream, but another hand immediately covered it to keep her from doing so. Pixie was then pushed up against a wall, her mouth still covered. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust, but they widened the minute she saw who her captor was.

Ivan for a very brief moment took his hand off of Pixie's mouth, but gagged it the second he did. Pixie still tried to scream, though it was now impossible for anyone to hear. Ivan had her up against the wall, and was beginning to lift up her shirt. As he did this, he whispered into her ear, "If I can't have you, then I'll at least take your virginity."

Pixie began to struggle, trying to use her legs to kick Ivan, since her arms were already secured. Ivan used his own leg to keep her from attempting to kick him, and began to lift up her skirt.

Tears began to form in Pixie's eyes. 'Someone, please, help. . .' she thought as she tightly shut her eyes, waiting to be defiled.

"What the fuck do you want?" she heard Ivan say.

Pixie opened her eyes and saw that there was a pale hand gripping his shoulder from out of the darkness. The hand pulled Ivan back, making him lose his grip on Pixie. Angered, he turned around and went into the darkness. All Pixie could make out was two silhouettes, one being Ivan and the other a man she did not recognize. She pulled her skirt and shirt back down and took the gag out of her mouth.

"Who the hell do you think you are?!" Ivan shouted.

The man said nothing. He only glanced in Pixie's direction. That was when she saw his crimson eyes shining. The moon also moved at the right moment, and she caught a small glimpse of his face. Her eyes widened when she thought she recognized the man she had met earlier that day.

Pixie grabbed her bag, which had slipped off her shoulder when Ivan had grabbed her, and took off running towards her dorm. The minute she got to her room, she deadbolted both the door and the window. She was shaking everywhere, unable to decide if the man she met at the cafe was the murderer or not. She only got a small glance at his face.

'If he is the murderer,' she thought, 'then Ivan is as good as dead now.'

She began to feel lightheaded and collapsed on her bed out cold.
♠ ♠ ♠
I originally was going to have this in chapter six, but then I decided that would make chapter six too long, so I left this part out and made it into an entire chapter.