Vampire Heart

Visitor

When Crissy arrived at the dorm later that night and saw Pixie asleep on her bed, with no blanket and her outdoor clothes still on, she assumed that her roommate was just too exhausted from studying to change and collapsed on her bed.

'Too smart for her own good,' Crissy thought as she half-drunkenly changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top.

She switched off the light and crawled into her own bed, pulling the blanket over her. Once Crissy had drifted off to sleep, the room was completely silent. The rays of the light from the moon shone through the window, illuminating Pixie's body. The light from the moon did not startle her awake like the light from the sun usually did; it actually helped her sleep more soundly.

All of a sudden, out of the darkness of the room, a masculine figure stepped into the moonlight and hovered over Pixie. For a while, he just stood there staring down at her. Finally, he reached down and brushed a few strands of hair out of her face. The move did not stir her awake, and he still stood there.

A sigh escaped from her lips, and she twitched in her sleep. In a tone that suggested fear, she choked out, "You're. . . not Ivan, are you?"

He was motionless at first, then he slowly bent over so his lips were right by her ear. In a calm and reassuring tone, he whispered, "He won't bother you anymore."

Pixie's body relaxed, and a smile curled its way on to her lips. Silently, she said, "I know you. . . I've met you before. . ."

The man said nothing and walked out of the moonlight, vanishing into the darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I know, it's really short.