Status: Done. If you think there should be a sequel, leave a comment. If I chose to do a sequel, it probably won't be any time soon.

It Beats For Two

Afton

A few weeks ago, I was working at the book store, like usual, and someone who didn't look like a regular customer came in. He looked around for a few minutes before coming up to the front desk and talking to me.

We talked for two hours straight.

His name is Luke. He gave me his number and asked me out for coffee. I told him "maybe," then he left.

Oliver never officially asked me out. Technically, we're just fuck buddies. So why shouldn't I go out with other guys? I love Oliver, don't get me wrong, I really do, but I can't wait around for him forever.

I won't. Why should I? If he doesn't want to be with me, then so be it. Sure, I'll be crushed, but that's the choice he's making. It's been months since he and Amanda broke up and we still aren't together, besides the sex. He still locks himself up in his room until he feels the need to have sex with me. After that, he goes back to his room..

We haven't slept in the same bed together. Ever.

And a mere coffee date with a future friend is no harm. So, I eventually called Luke back and we set up a little coffee date. The date went terrific.

Oliver has never taken me out.

It's been a few weeks since the date and I've been spending a lot of time with Luke. He actually talks to me. He actually listens to me.

Oliver hasn't even noticed when I leave. But I came home one day and he was all ready for sex. The minute I said "no, I'm tired," he lost it.

Maybe he's only in it for the sex.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is horrible, but it's kind of important for the way I'm taking this story.

I could have written it better but I don't feel like it.

Comments are appreciated.