Sequel: No More
Status: Tell me what you think, I'm still wandering if I should make this into a full blooded story. It has potential so let me know.

No More

1/1

Jacob was still pacing around the room, glancing up at the golden clock, which pointed at 12.

"Jacob, come take a seat, everything's going to be ok," Bella's soothing voice rang but he was too ruffled to even hear her.
"It's my imprint Bella! I can't- what if something happens to-" Jacob was interrupted as a harsh beeping sound erupted from the second floor.

Jacob jumped to the staircase, running as fast as his long legs would take him. The loud, incessant beeping became louder as he neared the small lab door.
Breaking a hinge off the door, he kicked the door open, revealing the two adults watching in horror as Calean’s body went limp.
The life left Jacob as he saw the green line on the screen went flat, Calean’s head lolling back, looking as peaceful as if in slumber.

"Carlisle-" Jacob asked.

The man shook his head, a cry erupting from Jacob’s lips as he tore at his hair in desperation.
Carlisle walked calmly to the heart rate monitor, shutting the system off.

This was his imprint, not just someone he loved. He was his very reason for living and he was gone.

"Calean," Jacob whispered, brushing the back of his fingers along the younger boy's cheek, still slightly warm.

A distant voice echoed in his head, "I love you."

Jacob broke, dropping to the foot of the hospital bed, a sob escaping him as Evelyn Woodbury hugged him tightly. He was silently amazed at the woman's ability to stay strong. It was enough to make Jacob do something irreversible.

"Jacob," Evelyn whispered, "My son, Calean- he wants for nothing more than for you to be happy." she whispered, as Jacob chocked another sob. "Listen, he told me to tell you, just in case he couldn't. Jacob listen to me," she whispered. Pulling back from the embrace just enough for them to lock each other's gaze. Through slightly red eyes, Jacob focused on the eyes of the beautiful lady in front of him; those stunning emerald eyes so closely resembling Calean's, everything about the older elven lady reminded him of Calean, save the strawberry blonde hair of his mother, which was blonde in Calean's case. "He told me to tell you" she paused as she glanced up at the restful boy, "that he loved you, and he told me that, it was your responsibility to live, for the two of you, a happy life."
Jacob wiped his eyes again ,"he would be happy to see you happy." she whispered before she took Calean off the hospital table.
"Please, don't take him away from me, not just yet." Jacob whispered lowly.
"Follow me," she ordered as she exited the room. Carlisle dropped into his chair, clutching his head in his arms. If he could, he would have been crying by now.

"I'm sorry," he whispered to Jacob before he left the room, following Evelyn and his beloved Calean.

Jacob dropped onto a chair as the elf tucked Calean into the soft, deep blue sheets of the bed.

"Take as long as you need honey," she whispered, kissing Jacob's forehead before exiting the room.

They were alone now, a comfortable silence washing over the small bedroom.

"Cal," Jacob whispered, stroking the handsome face of his lover. "You promised that you wouldn't leave me. Why did you go? I thought we were going to pull through this, together. Love, why?" he asked, kissing his delicate lips, which were now cold.
"I'm sorry," Jacob whispered, grasping the boy’s limp hand as he put his head lightly against the entwined fingers. "Please, just- just open your eyes and say that you're alright. Tell me that we're going to spend the fourth of July together. We still have to go to your birthday party, the one that Kim's already got planned. There's going to be fireworks and cake and great food, made by Emily of course. So com' on. You can't sleep the day away. Let’s go up and at it. Please." he rambled on his monologue. A hopeful smile crossing his tear stained face. His face really was angelic. The high cheek bones, his delicious lips, his jaw line, his smooth, porcelain cheeks, his cropped flaxen hair. He watched in admiration at the handsome boy, freshly turned eighteen.
Jacob was balling now, something he hadn't done in a long while. The violent sobs escaping him endlessly. Bringing the smaller frame of the boy closer to him as he wiped the tears away.

"You were gonna go to college remember? You got accepted to UCLA. You're gonna be the smartest kid in the school. I promised you would." Jacob rattled on, as if persuading him to stay; to not leave him.

Jacob bent down and captured his lips once more, knowing that it was his last. He cherished the cold feeling of his handsome lover's lips, the smell of aspen and pine still lingering around him. The taste of the refreshing mint flavour of his lips.

"Calean- I love you," he whispered, wiping away a stray wisp of blonde hair as he rose from his seat.

He slowly walked to the door, clutching the handle fiercely before jumping back, cupping the beautiful face of Calean Woodbury, and kissed his cold lips once, before stepping out of the room, not looking back; not even once.

"Be happy for me Jacob, for the two of us," his words echoed in his mind.

"I love you Calean Blake Woodbury"
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think of it?

Tell me in the comments and be sure to tell me if I should make this into an actual story. Also, I know imprinting is supposed to be boy, girl cause it's there for a reason but please just over look that in thepower of love?

Thank you =)