I'd Say i Love You But Then I'd Be Lying

Ch. 9

We arrived at the movies 30 minutes later. Ford took my hand in his and walked to the entrance.
“okay we can watch….Snow Dogs, Holiday in Handcuffs…ummm or whatever else you feel like. Elf is playing also.” Warren said taking out his wallet. He counted how many people there were. 6.
“Well I haven’t seen Holiday in Handcuffs yet.” I said trying to help make a decision even though I was sure I wouldn’t be even paying attention to the movie if Ford was around.
“okay lets just go to that,” agreed Lauren. Warren got our tickets and told Mark, Ford and I to go get us all some seats.
“um would it be okay if Starr and I sat in the back by ourselves?” Ford whispered to Lauren. His mom grinned childishly and nodded her head.
“Ill bring you to some drinks. Pepsi okay? Do you to want to share one?” she asked
“Pepsi is fine and ill take a separate cup.” I smiled.
“yeah, besides ill take a coke.” He looked at me even though he was talking to his mother. Ford let go of my hand and walked beside me.
***
We found a row in the back and told everyone else, Addie and Mark, to move up more towards the front. I sat down and Ford sat to the right of me, he didn’t say a word.
“hey so…” I started but looked at his face and his expression was dull. “are you okay?” I asked.
“I’m fine.” He snapped.
“if this is because I wouldn’t share a drink with you then your insane. We aren’t even dating. I mean we are just……really…close?” I added but drifted off.
“friends. That’s all we are.” He said not even looking at me.
“Ford.” I said his name like I was reprimanding him. He turned and looked at me. I scooted closer. “Is there something wrong with being just friends with you?” I asked him.
“yes! There is! I like you WAY more than just a friend.” He said, not sure if he really just said that.
“Oh.” Was all I could say at the moment.
“I think we should leave. Now.” He said suddenly.
“But the movie hasn’t even start yet.” I said not sure what he was talking about. He stood up and took my hand and pulled me up.
“I don’t mean ditch the movie. I mean we should go back to our campus. I hate being here with my parents. They are weird and I feel weird here with you here. Knowing they are watching our every move.” He moved down the hall of the movies until he saw his mom and dad.
“where are you to going?” Lauren asked.
“We are leaving. The house, the movies, we are going back home. I’m sorry mom, I love you.” He hugged her and waved to his father. They never were close were they…?
He took the keys from his moms pocket when he hugged her. We got into the car and went to the house. Grabbed all our stuff and left. I have no idea why he wanted to suddenly leave. His explanation was stupid. At least I can see all my friends again.
***
We arrived the next day because we stopped at a hotel. I jumped out and ran towards my dorm. I missed my bed and my couches and Angie! I blew through the door to see someone else in my bed. Not Angie though. She woke up.
“Angie?” the girl said. She had blue eyes, she was blonde, pale, in the clothing I left. Good thing I only left the stuff I hated.
“Who the hell are you?” I asked her.
“I’m Kat, you are…? She said.
“Starr, and your in my dorm bed.” I said glaring at her.
“No…the girl that lived here, which I’m guessing is you, was transferred. Sorry.” Ughh. I sighed.
“Where is Angie then?” I asked her. She pointed to her bed. Angie was still asleep in her bed. I sighed one more time then left. I dropped all my crap in the hallway and sat against the wall. I was forced back home for no reason, then transferred out of my room, and I have no idea were I am going. I ran back inside my old room, grabbed my special lamp, and started to drag my couch but it was too heavy. I left with the lamp and never came back. Perfect. I walked down to the office to get my room number. It was now Room 374. I walked down a bunch off hallways until I reached Room 374 and knocked on the door. A really hot guy opened the door. He smiled.
“Hi. I’m Kyle. I guess I’m your new roommate.” He said.