Status: Active!

A Different Side of Me

Part 6

I dialed Natalie’s number, and waited for her to answer. I paced around my room, and after the 8th ring, she finally picked up.

“Hello rock star,” she greeted me.

“What’s wrong? What happened?” I demanded. I was so scared to find out if something else had happened to Emily.

“Well, I was watching Disney Channel with Emily, and guess who I saw?” she asked.

“I don’t know,” I stammered getting impatient.

“Well, it was you! You didn’t tell me you were in a band,” she said.

“Actually, I believe I did,” I replied.

“Well, you didn’t tell me you were in a FAMOUS band.” She replied, annoyance in her voice. I was getting nervous. To be honest, Natalie scared me. She was the only girl on this planet who scared me. Well, besides my mom.

“Well, I am. Is that why you called me?” I asked her.

“Yeah, is that a problem?” she demanded.

“Well, no. I just thought you called about Emily,” I said slowly. I heard her sigh. A few moments passed before she spoke again.

“Well sorry for calling you,” she said. Before I could say anything, I heard the dial tone. She hung up on me.

“UGahslfkdh,” I groaned, and flopped down on my bed. I bounced up and down a little bit, and covered my face with my hands. I picked up my phone, and called Cameron.

“WHATT?” he asked when he picked up.

“Do you wanna go get burritos or something?” I asked him. Even though I just ate dinner, I was suddenly famished. I felt like I could eat a cow.

“Yeah, sure. I’ll pick ya up in 10?” Cameron agreed.

I hung up, and changed my shirt. My last one had remnants of dinner on it. I combed my hair, and went downstairs.

“Mom, I’m going out with Cameron!” I yelled into the house.

“HALLELUJAH!” she screamed back. I chuckled at my mom, and walked outside. The warm San Diego air filled my lungs. On the street were the neighbor kids riding their bicycles up and down the street. Cameron pulled up in his car, and honked his horn at me.

“BURRIITTTOSSSSSS,” he yelled out the window. I laughed, and walked down to the street. I pulled open the door, and flopped onto the passenger seat.

“LETSA-GOA!” he screamed before pulling out onto the street. He turned on the radio, and started singing along.

“Baby you're a firework
Come on let your colors burst
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
You're gunna leave 'em fallin' down-own-own”

Being with Cameron always put me in a better mood. He was always in a good mood. All. The. Time. If you told him that his dog just died, he would still be his jolly self.

Twenty minutes later, we pulled up to “Enrique’s Burritos and other Mexican food.” Not too many people know about it, but that’s what makes it so good. We walked in, and Enrique spotted us.

“CAMERON! ZACH!” he shouted at us in his thick Mexican accent.

“HEY ENRIQUE!” we shouted back equally as loud.

“Do you want the usual?” he asked us from behind the counter. We walked over to him.

“Yes, sir!” I told him. Enrique nodded, and shouted orders into the back. Five minutes later, Enrique handed us a tray with 4 spicy chicken burritos, and 2 crunchy tacos. My mouth was watering as I walked over to a table. I sat down, and Cameron dug in to a burrito.

“So, what’s been up with you?” Cameron asked me through a mouthful of food. I shrugged.

“Oh, you know. Sleep. Eat. Write songs.” I replied nonchalantly. None of the guys knew the funk I was in, and I didn’t want them to find out. They would make fun of me for it.

Cameron looked at me suspiciously.

“Yeah, sure,” he said. Just then, my phone vibrated in my pocket.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long! I've been focusing on my other fanfiction, a Summer to Remember.
If you haven't checked that out, I'd really appreciate it! :)

I lost 2 subscribers, and that makes me really sad.

I'm going to try to update more, but I have midterms coming up, so I don't know how often I will. Please don't unsubscribe! :)

Follow me on twitter! @Sarahishere13

simplysarahreneerl.tumblr.com