Status: Finished

Round Here

1/1

If death is just a long slumber and that we will be with the ones we love eventually, and death is just an illusion of time, then why do I feel the way I do?

She stands on the rooftop with her red hair flowing in the breeze, her skin pale under the moonlight. The city around us seems to be still as I look at the creature in front of me. Her lips are slightly parted as I wonder why I am up here.

I look at her again as I remember coming up here. I walked with her into a fog filled night, her pulling me by her hand. I remember walking the streets until in this warm night with the pale moon above us. Round here we stay up very, very late.

Her white dress flows around her ankles as she walks toward the edge of the high rooftop. She looks over the edge as I follow her from my seat on the cold pavement. I grab her wrist, and look at the fragile mind in front of me.

She pulls away from me grasp and sits down in the same spot I was moments before. “Sorry,” she whispers, “I have trouble acting normal when I'm nervous.”

Shes knows shes just a little misunderstood.

I look at her and try to get inside her head. I know why she has brought me here. She is saying goodbye...

“I want to help you.” I say to her, a million thoughts racing through my mind. I want to get out of my mind. This is like hell but all wrapped up into a little space in my mind.

“I'm afraid it's too late. I know it's only in my head.” she whispers.

I stay silent and look at her in the radiating light.

“Please don't do this.” I beg her. I grab her wrists and try to hold her here with me. I want her to stay.

She breaks free from my grasp and looks at me, “I'm thinking of jumping, can't you see my walls are crumbling? They are just gone”

“I know you are and I do see that. I want to help you, but please don't do this.” I plead with her. Her blue eyes widen as she walks toward the ledge.

“I'm sorry.” she says to me. The wind picks up as her dress moves in the moonlight. She walks towards me and presses her lips to my check. “Goodbye.”

Before I know it I'm running towards her as she runs and jumps off of the side of the building. I try to grab her but she slips through my fingers and I end up merely touching her dress.

Shes gone...


I wake up screaming, reliving the nightmare I have had for the past three months since her death. It seems to me that death is just a figment of out imagination and I don't know if I will ever see her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like?
Hate?
PS: This hasn't actually happened to me, watching a friend die... but sometimes my walls are crumbling like the girl. This is merely an idea based on a song.