Status: HIATUS (sorry)

Accio Love, Alohomora Heart

The Marauder's Map

November slowly made way for December, meaning Christmas break was just around the corner. The next Hogsmeade visits were the week before the students could go home for Christmas. Friday morning, Jemma sat down at her house table in the great hall for breakfast. Fred and George joined her a few moments later, sitting on either side of her.
“Just took in some orders.”

“We’re going to try and make some galleons by selling what we have so far.”

“What do you have so far?” Jemma asked, pouring herself a glass of pumpkin juice.

“We have the trick wands.” They said together.

“That’s it?” She asked raising an eyebrow. “I would’ve thought you guys had way more. What about that candy you gave me on the train?”

“Ah no.”

“Well not yet anyways.”

“You see, we’re going to make a whole lot of them-"

“Different kinds and all-"

“And sell them together.” They both finished.

At that moment, the owls arrived, carrying with them their letters from home and the wizard newspaper; The Daily Prophet. Among the different varieties of owls, a lone hawk soared through the windows with them. Jemma held out her arm as the hawk circled once then settled itself on her arm.

“Hullo there Shane.” She cooed before taking the envelope in its beak. It hopped down onto the table, helping itself to bits of her bacon.

“What news does my dear brother have for me today?” She asked no one in particular as she used her knife to slit open the letter.

Jemma,

I don’t know if mum told you or not but I’m not coming home for Christmas as I took a few weeks off in summer. Just thought I’d let you know. How is your cat? Hope you have a great holiday.

Love your brother,

Mack.

P.S Ask George if he’s captured the beast.


Jemma stared at the last line, wondering what he meant, before she turned to him and asked.

“Hey, my brothers’ asking if you’ve ‘captured the beast’?” George did a spit take, spraying pumpkin juice all over the table (fortunately no one was sitting in front of them). Fred snorted loudly into his scrambled eggs and started laughing uncontrollably. The three of them sat there, one choking on his juice, one in hysterics and Jemma in between, confusion etched all over her face.

“Well?” She pried after the twins had calmed down.

“It’s nothing. Nothing.” George mumbled turning a bit pink.

“Inside joke.” Grinned Fred.

“Aw come on Fred! Tell me!” She pouted. Fred just grinned shaking his head.

“George! You tell me then! Or maybe, do Ron or Ginny know? I’ll ask them!”

“The only ones who are in on this joke are us and your brother.” Fred smirked giving George a subtle wink.

“Wait… Is it something dirty?” Jemma asked hesitantly.

“Something like that.” Said George hastily. “Pass the marmalade will you Fred? You’re hogging it all.”

Jemma decided to drop the subject… for now anyways. She stroked the hawk fondly before it screeched loudly, then spread its large wings taking off in big flaps knocking over goblets of juice in its wake before it took to the sky. Jemma took it upon herself to clean the mess, vanishing all the liquid spilt and repairing a glass jar of marmalade that had fallen over and cracked.

Almost at once after she had finished, a spotted owl landed in front of her, re-spilling the jug of pumpkin juice (that had just refilled itself). Jemma sighed,

“Evanesco.” The spill vanished. “Letter from mum Artemis?” The owl hooted blinking it’s amber eyes and dropping the letter into Jemma’s scrambled eggs. This one was from her mum. She opened the envelope and unfolded the parchment filled with her mum’s cursive hand writing.

Jemma,

I am terribly sorry to inform you sweetheart that I will not be home for Christmas this year. Your brother has work in Romania and cannot come home either. I have business to attend to in the United States, as the Minister has informed me personally. I will send you your Christmas gift from America. Study hard and play well (in your quidditch matches).

Much Love,

Mum


It was a short letter. Jemma gazed at it a little crest fallen. Her mum was always away on some kind of business trip. The most Jemma got to spend with her was the four weekends over the summer. She and Mack had spent most of their summer holidays by themselves.

“What’s the matter?” Fred asked leaning over to read the letter when he saw the disappointed look on her face.

“My mum’s not going to be home for Christmas this year.” She said trying to sound like she didn’t mind. The twins gave her a sympathetic glance. Mrs. Vince-Montgomery was rarely home ever since Jemma’s dad died.

“We could ask our mum if you want to spend it at the Burrow.” George offered.

“Yeah, Ron’s staying back at the castle with Harry. And mum wouldn’t mind in the slightest. You’re like her second daughter.” Fred added.

“Well I wouldn’t like to intrude on your family gathering. After all I've stayed during the summer months so far...” She mumbled, feeding Artemis a piece of bacon before the owl took flight.

“Oh nonsense. Like Fred said, you’re practically family.” George grinned.

Classes went on as usual, Jemma’s teachers reminded their fifth year classes about O.W.L.S and sent them off with a load of homework for the weekend. As she entered the common room, she was approached by Kenneth Towler.

“Jemma hi. Um, you wouldn’t mind if I went with Alexis tomorrow would you?” He asked a bit unsure.

“Oh Right. Tomorrow is the Hogsmeade visit.” She stopped to think for a bit. “Well, how about this? Alexis and I will leave around ten, you can have her at one so you can go for your romantic lunch or whatever.” She said.

“Great! Thanks Jemma! I’ll go tell her!” He exclaimed excitedly and raced off to tell Alexis Allans.

Saturday morning, Jemma and Alexis got dressed, pulling on their hats and scarves, boots and mittens.

“See you guys later.” Jemma bid goodbye to her dorm mates and her and Alexis ran down the staircase.

“Let’s go to Dervish and Banges first.” Alexis said rummaging around in her bag for something.

Hogsmeade was packed; witches and wizards of all ages were running around, no doubt, looking for Christmas presents. Dervish and Banges was the little supplies shop run by a little old witch. Then they went to Honeydukes. Alexis and Jemma stocked up on sugar quills and Jemma bought a large bag of chocolate frogs.

“Don’t show Ron, or he’ll eat them all.” Alexis giggled.

“Oh look, there he is, with Hermione.” Jemma pointed at two figures standing by the fence in front of the shrieking shack.

“Hey guys!” Alexis called.

“Oh hi!” Hermione called back. “What are you guys up to?”

“Oh we just came back from Honeydukes. Jemma bought a billion or so chocolate frogs.” Alexis informed them. Ron’s gaze settled on the bag in Jemma’s hand and he stared longingly at it.

“Well well, look who it is.” Came the voice of every Gryffindor's enemy; Draco Malfoy.
“You two shopping for your new dream home?It’d be a change; your family sleep in what… one room?” He smirked at Ron. Jemma scowled.

“Shut it Malfoy.” Ron snapped making a move towards the blond boy but Hermione grabbed him.

“Y’know? I think we need to teach Weezlebee that he should learn to respect his superiors.” He drawled as Crabbe and Goyle flexed their muscles threateningly.

“If you don't mean yourself.” Hermione scoffed, her voice laced with sarcasm.

“How dare you talk to me you filthy mudblood!” He spat.

“Shut your face.” Jemma snarled, trying to contain herself from lashing out at him with her fists. He turned his glare to the older girl, an odd look crossed his face but before he could say something,a snowball came flying out of no where and hit Malfoy dead center on the back of his head.

“Who's there?!" He demanded.

The next scene was rather peculiar but hilarious at the same time, snowballs were flying out from the forest surrounding them, pummelling the three Slytherins.An invisible force knocked over Crabbe and Goyle, making them scramble to compose themselves. Ron. Hermione, Alexis and Jemma had burst into a fit of laughter. Malfoy, enraged turned on them but before he could move it was as if someone shoved him back, he fell on his butt and whatever was there began dragging him towards the shrieking shack. He screamed, clawing at the snow. The force let go and he scrambled up back to his cronies shoving them out of the way as he made a run for it, Crabbe and Goyle trying to keep up.

“Harry!” Hermione laughed and Harry Potter appeared out of thin air.

“Bloody hell mate.” Said Ron grinning.

“Excellent job Harry.” Jemma said with an approving smile. Alexis gaped.

“An invisibility cloak!” She exclaimed.

“It was my dad’s.” Harry told her.

“But… how did you get off castle grounds without the dementors noticing?”

Harry told them about his new possession he had just acquired from Fred and George; The Marauder’s Map, as they walked the streets of Hogsmeade.

“But how come Fred and George didn't give it to me?! I'm their brother!” Ron fumed indignately.

“But he’s going to turn it in. Aren’t you Harry?” Asked Hermione.

“Yeah along with his invisibility cloak.” Said Ron sarcastically.

“Did they give it to you this morning?” Jemma asked unfazed.

“Yeah they did.”

“Hold on! How do you know about it?” Ron asked Jemma with a slight accusing tone.

“I was with them when the nicked it.” Said Jemma simply in a “duh” tone. “Back in the days, in our first year, before I was dragged down to their level.”

“Pfft yeah right. I highly doubt you were any higher than their level when you started out here.” Alexis scoffed rolling her eyes.

“Well this is our stop.” Jemma told the three younger teens as they stopped outside of Zonko’s. See you guys later.” Harry, Ron and Hermione waved as they left Alexis and Jemma standing in front of the shop.

Kenneth Towler met them there moments later.

“Hi Alexis!” He greeted her rather excitedly, then added, “Hi Jemma,”

“Well, I’ll be seeing you two lovebirds later then. Bye bye!” And santered down towards three broomsticks to grab some butterbeer before she went back to the castle.

She arrived outside the pub door, and spotted two familiar faces.

“Is it closed?” Jemma asked when she saw Hermione and Ron sitting on a bench outside.

“No minors allowed in today.” Ron said disappointedly.

“Where’s Harry?”

“He’s gone in.” Hermione said lowering her voice. “Fudge is here. He mentioned something about Harry to Madam Rosemerta McGonagall and Hagrid went in there too. They’re probably inside talking about the whole Sirius Black thing.” She added in a hushed voice. Jemma sat down next to the two of them and they chatted and ate chocolate frogs, wondering what Harry was hearing.

It had been no more than ten minutes, when the door of three broomsticks swung open all of sudden and a pair of foot prints appeared on the ground walking quickly away from the pub, knocking over a group of carolling midgits. Hermione, Ron and Jemma hurried after the footprints, apologizing hastily to the group of carollers.

They followed the foot prints into a small clearing void of all people and buildings.

“Harry…?” Hermione asked a bit hesitantly. She walked forward, then kneeled on the ground by a rock, reaching up as if to grab thin air. She gave a pull and the cloak slid off, revealing Harry, who had his face screwed up in sadness and anger.

“He was their friend.” He choked. “And he betrayed them…” He paused.

“HE WAS THEIR FRIEND!” He shouted, then added, “I hope he finds me. ‘Cause when he does, I’m going to kill him!”
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah this chapter isnt very good. I did it at school weeks ago, it's kind of rushed. The Marauder's Map scene is an important part in my story(the who animagus bit is also important ). I have many many future things planned out. I might even make a sequel for this. But lets talk about that later...