Status: Don't Report, Open To New Authors. Private message me

Fighting For Food

What really started it all?

•1 in 5 women struggle with an eating disorder or disordered eating (National Institute of Mental Health)
•Eating Disorders affect up to 24 million Americans and 70 million individuals worldwide (The Renfrew Center Foundation for Eating Disorders)
•90 % of those who have eating disorders are women between the ages of 12 and 25 (SAMHSA)
•It is estimated that currently 11% of high school students have been diagnosed with an eating
•disorder (ANAD)
•While women are more commonly affected by eating disorders, more than a million men and boys battle the illness every day (www.nationaleatingdisorders.org)
•91 % of women surveyed on a college campus had attempted to control their weight through dieting, 22% dieted “often” or “always” (Kurth, Krahn, Nairn, Drewnowski, 1995)

http://www.examiner.com/wellness-in-buffalo/national-eating-disorders-awareness-week-2010-statistics-about-eating-disorders
___________________________________________________________________________

The mirrors came first. This imperfection, that imperfection. Tears fell down. There were so many areas where there was imperfection. The fat felt like it was swallowing me. I felt overwhelmed with disgust. I felt sick and there came the bile. Up my throat out my mouth .

It went black for a little bit and then it was there again. The overwhelming disgust and hatred. my stomach. my thighs. my arms. my calves. even my god damned face.

The next thing was the people at school. The model like bodies, the perfect hair. It killed me. I was horrible. I was a mistake, a wretch, a loser. I wanted to die. I deserved to die. I needed to die. This was ridiculous. Me a failure, fat, ugly, good as dead, retarded, stupid, loser, obese, plump, stout, suicidal, bitch, hopeless, lost cause...
♠ ♠ ♠
im sorry i can't finish this