Beyond the Chains of Space and Time

beyond the chains of space and time

PROLOGUE:
The dark, churning water below ; the thundering, tumultuous sky aboveā€¦ together they created an atmosphere evoking awe and fear. The old, wrought-iron bridge called her name in the darkness. Answering the call, she carefully climbed and stood on the edge, looking out into the distance like a queen of chaos surveying her war-torn kingdom.

She could hear her blood rushing in her ears as she watched the water crash like the waves of the ocean against the muddy river bank. It raged as if it were an angry deity begging to be worshiped and yet found itself ignored by the world. Tonight, though, it would have at least one parishioner. She would pray fervently, to whomever would listen, but no one did, just the water, and so she would let it swallow her whole. In a leap of faith, she took one giant step out into the air. For a fleeting moment, she seemed to float in the air, but the illusion was quickly shattered, and she fell into the abyss which called her name. The waves engulfed her, cradled her in their viciousness, before everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is the beginning of something I never finished. I occasionally work on it.