Right Through Me

Arsenal vs. Chelsea

A smile adorned my face as I walked through Emirates stadium supporting Arsenal by wearing a Fabregas jersey he gave to me not too long ago, he said since I wasn’t touching my old one aka my ex boyfriend’s that I might as well wear one that I will wear frequently.

Walking through the stadium with ease kind of shocked me since the day before after I left Yolanda’s I bombarded with people asking about Fernando; I couldn’t bear tell them we were through so I just smiled and said he was fine.

They had no right to know my business and if anyone got a whiff of what actually happened I knew my life would be a living hell. They would start snooping around even more and might even find out about Noah, worse about Alan as well.

With my lack of not being in this stadium too much I didn’t know where I was suppose to go. I bit my lip scanning the area where I was suppose to meet Cesc, better yet some staff member he told me to meet up with so they can take me to the locker room before the game started.

I sighed running a hand through my platinum blond hair before I started to walk in a random direction. I didn’t know what I was doing but it was better than standing around looking like an idiot. That was when I felt someone tap my shoulder.

I whipped around slightly dizzy, I regained my footing before I saw a tall burly man with a blank expression on his face. I was slightly terrified of the man standing before me; tattoos covered his arms like sleeves as his hair was slicked back.

“Are you Kit Neverline?”

Please don’t tell me this is Trevor. Please don’t be him, I begged. As much as I wanted to see Cesc before the game I decided that it was better off seeing him until after. I didn’t want to make him nervous or anything before the match.

Besides he needs to concentrate on the game instead of me. I slowly nodded, waiting for him to snap my neck for not answering him. My voice constricted me from talking out loud, it wouldn’t budge and I didn’t like it one bit.

Trevor finally smiled, I was taken aback to see that he had a gorgeous smile, “Follow me” he moved his head to the direction he came from.

I followed him like a lost puppy, not questioning him because who knows what he could do if I declined. I licked my lips as I followed him down the corridor and into the locker rooms after a ten minute walk. I never knew how huge this stadium was until I reached our destination.

“Here we are, he’s in there. Enjoy the game” he smiled at me one last time before he walked off.

Blinking trying to get over my shock, I shook my head before I knocked on the door not wanting to be rude barging in. I didn’t want to walk in a men’s locker room, what if they were naked? I would be scarred for life.

Okay, maybe I won’t be still I will be traumatized. Hearing female voices on the other side of the door I opened the door cautiously. Stepping in slightly my grey eyes wandered around to find my Spanish friend, cursing mentally that I couldn’t find him.

Curse him and his short stature.

“Kitty!” Cesc waved me over.

I guess I was taking too long to walk over to him as he jogged over to me slinging an arm over my shoulders before he walked me back to the group he came from. He started to introduce me to all his teammates before one shouted out.

“Shouldn’t she be in the other locker room?”
There was a chorus of others slightly agreeing when they recognized who I was. I furrowed my eyebrows, why would I want to be in the other locker room? It didn’t make any sense to me, I didn’t know anyone on the opposing team.

Better yet, I didn’t even know who they were playing against.

“Why should I be in the other locker room?” I questioned.

Robin gave me a puzzled look before he said slowly, “Because your boyfriend is on the other team or did you forget that he doesn’t play for Arsenal”

Theo scolded the Dutch man for being so rude, it stung a bit when he said the ‘b’ word. Luckily Cesc was by my side squeezing my shoulders reassuringly before he retorted back, “Maybe because she wanted to see her best friend first. I am the better looking one after all” he winked at me.

I giggled as I rolled my eyes, he was truly a life saver and couldn’t thank him enough for saving my skin. Glad that I could trust with my personal information since no one from the team knew of Fernando and I’s spilt I chatted with the team for a while before Cesc pulled me aside.

“You okay?” I nodded with a weak smile, he knew I was still hurting and I knew he had the best intentions of inviting to his game but why did he have to invite me when Fernando was playing against him?

“Is he really here?” I whispered not wanting people to overhear our conversation.

Cesc gave me a sympathetic look before he nodded, “Kitty, I’m so sorry for letting this happen. I wasn’t thinking and was so excited to invite you-”

“There’s no reason for you to apologize Cesc. I shouldn’t avoid him forever, he is your friend after all”

“Are you sure?” he asked “If you don’t want to, you can go home so you won’t have to see him”

As much as I wanted to take up on his offer I decided to stay. I would be a coward from avoiding Fernando so much, I did talk to him not so long ago. I was just a bit scared that if I see him or even talk to him I might go on another drunken frenzy and end up in bed with someone completely new.

Shivers crawled up my spine when I remembered the wicked smile Alan gave me as he slipped the money into my bra. I felt disgusted just thinking about it.

“I’m fine. I am here to support you and a good friend doesn’t run away from being there for a friend just because an ex appears”

Cesc smiled widely, “Great, you can follow the rest of the girls to the booth where you will be sitting at.”

“Okay.” I glanced at the girls who were about ready to leave as they kissed their husbands and boyfriends. I bit my lip seeing that Carla was nowhere to be found, I was worried that I didn’t see the Spanish woman but thought it was none of my business.

Looking at Cesc I mustered all my courage and gave him a peck on the cheek. “What was that for?” he mumbled with a tint of red on his cheeks.

I shrugged, “All the others got some good luck kiss and since Carla isn’t here at the moment I thought I could fill in”

Cesc chuckled, “I will make this game worthwhile”

“Oh really? How?” I challenged him

“I will score a goal for you”

I rolled my eyes, “I don’t think you should be scoring goals for me, shouldn’t that be for Car-” I stopped when I saw hurt flash through Cesc’s face. I stepped forward a bit worried for my best friend asking if he was alright.

He smiled weakly saying he was fine. I didn’t believe him one second and I knew that if I didn’t get it out of him now it might affect his game. So I coaxed him to telling me as I touched his shoulder reassuring him that I was his friend and I could help him.

“Carla and I aren’t together anymore”

My eyes widened, “W-what?”

I couldn’t believe my ears, they couldn’t be. They were so good for each other and by the sound of how Cesc said it, it was done for good. My lips went into a firm line as I consoled Cesc as best as I could, “How about after the game we go out and get some hot cocoa and watch some movies”

The Spaniard laughed, “Sounds good to me.” his dark eyes glanced back at the door “You should get going”

I looked around to see I was one of the few left in the room, I agreed as I started to walk to the front door. “Keep a look out for that goal Kit”

I waved my hand around, “Yeah, yeah” I said “I will see you after the game Cescy”

He pouted at the obvious nickname that he always gets irritated from when someone calls him that. I laughed as I followed the group of girls to our seats. I sat next to some unknown girls, keeping to myself like usual praying for the game to start.

I sighed in relief when is saw the players walking out as they started to line up side by side. Seeing one line of red and the other line blue; I tried my best to keep my eyes on the red line but I couldn’t help myself when my eyes wandered to the blue side.

Looking at each and every single player my breath hitched when I saw a familiar figure standing proudly in blue. For the first time that day, my heart started to pound. The aching feeling of being so close yet so far from Fernando started to resurface.

My body trembles a little as I felt my eyes water when my grey eyes caught with those beautiful brown ones that I have loved for four years. I thought that I was healing and was moving on from Fernando just slightly.

Guess I was wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nando will appear in the next chapter, i was going to have him in this one but couldn't find a way to do that since she is there to support Cesc. What do you think is going to happen when they see each other again? please comment and subscribe!