Status: I work on this when I have time and ideas

Waves of Lightning

Don't you DARE Mess With THIS Princess

We spent two days and the damn train. I didn’t sleep at all and spent most of my time watching the scenery flash by in the observation car thru the big windows. I was watching for monsters and I saw a few too, one was the Neman Lion. We had only been able to get tickets as far as Denver with the reward for Gladiola and even then it was only enough for Percy, Annabeth, and Grover. I had to use the majority of my mortal money to by myself a ticket. The rest I used to by hot meals for the four of us on the train. I walked back to our seat and sat next to Grover who was asleep across the aisle from Annabeth and Percy. When Percy described his dream I was instantly worried. The voice was coming from Tarturus so it could only be something pure evil. Annabeth and Percy continued to talk while I thought about the things that were in the pit and who could possibly be strong enough to speak let alone think they had the authority to offer Percy a trade, the bolt for his mother. That meant that the bolt wasn’t with Hades and it was still lost. I shook my head in worry and sighed. We would cross that bridge when and if it came to us.
On the second day we crossed into St. Louis and I smiled.
“What has you so happy Aqua?” Percy asked.
“I’m from Missouri. We live here in St. Louis. I love this city.” I looked out the window staring at my home. Oh how I missed running barefoot threw a Missouri wheat field and sitting in the bottom of the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers where they joined and talking to the guardians of the rivers. Sometimes I would even bring a couple of sand dollars and give them to the rivers, they loved my visits. When we pulled into the station for the three hour layover we got off and went to go sightseeing.
“Hey Aqua, do you think we could go visit your family for a bit?” Percy asked. I shook my head no. “Why not?”
“Every time I’m around them they are in danger. And we can’t afford to draw attention to me being here by going to my heavily watched home.”
“Oh, ok. Sorry I brought it up.”
“No it’s fine, I would LOVE to go visit, we just don’t have time to sneak in and then fight our way out.” He nodded. We walked the mile to the Arch and went to the museum.
“AQUA! Long time no see!” I looked up and saw a blond with curly hair and pink highlights. We were neighbors. “How’s boarding school?”
“Hey Reyla, it’s good to see you and school is good. I’m actually passing thru on a school trip right now.”
“Cool where you goin?”
“LA. These are my friends from school, Annabeth, Percy, and Grover. Guys this is my friend from when I still lived here all the time Reyla.”
“Nice to meet you, this girl is NUTSO! She likes to go swimming in the rivers, not smart but so far she’s never been swept away by the current. Or killed by the debris in the water.”
“She also likes to fight people four or more times her size.” Annabeth added in an almost inaudible whisper.
“So you work here now?” Reyla nodded a smile on her face.
“I’m a junior tour guide.”
“Cool.”
“You all going up?” I nodded and she led us to the elevator and loaded us in with some other people. The hair on the back of my neck stood up on end when I looked at the fat lady and her little dumb dog. There was a monster near. I closed my eyes and focused trying to figure out what it was ignoring the conversation around me. We reached the top and got out. I walked to the window that faced Busch Stadium and smiled as I saw the Cards were warming up for a game. I kept looking out the window apparently fascinated but really I was still trying to figure out who or what the monster was. When I turned around to look for the others and tell them that we had to get out now the only one I saw was Percy. There was also a family with a little boy and the monster. It was the fat lady and her dog I just didn’t know what monsters they were. I took the clip out of my hair that was Adelos Aikia. For some reason it had turned into a clip the night before on the train. Not that I was complaining, it was easier to get to clipped into my hair next to Stormwealder. I was prepared to click it open at any moment as I nonchalantly looked out the windows at the river. The dog started to bark. I looked at the family and snapped my fingers sharply manipulating the mist. They fell to the floor asleep, as did the park ranger. I looked at the dog and woman and swore. The woman spoke as the dog grew into the Chimera.
“PERCY! Be ready!” I snapped Adelos Aikia open
“Oh two little heroes to test!” Echidna said her eyes never leaving Percy.
“Zeus and Poseidon will both be pissed if I get hurt Echidna.”
“Why is that little godling?”
“Zeus is my Gramps and Poseidon is my Daddy. Now turn and face me. My brother can play with your “baby”. I’ll deal with you myself.” She turned and looked at me her eyes landing on Adelos Aikia. She took a step back in fear. Percy engaged the Chimera as I had a stair down with Echidna. The dog emitted a burst of fire and when I glanced to see if Percy was alright I saw a HUGE hole in the side of the Arch facing the river. I looked at Echidna a death glare on my face. “Your boy just ruined one of my favorite things about my home town, you messed with Missouri and now for this Missouri Princess, it’s personal. I charged the Mother of all Monsters and barley touched her with Adelos Aikia and she was sucked into the blade with a scream. Just after she taunted Percy who was standing in the hole weaponless. I looked back and yelled. “YOU ARE THE SON OF THE GOD OF THE SEA JUMP INTO THAT DAMN RIVER! NOW!” And he did. I charged the Chimera and sliced it with Adelos Aikia from tail to snout along its belly taking the collar as my prize. I flew out the window and braced myself to land in the Mississippi. A huge arm of water reached up and snatched me from the air and took me into the water safely. The guardian of the Mississippi I settled in the water letting it heal the poison in my body from the scratch on my arm from the tooth of the dog as I snatched the collar. I thanked the spirit of the river and my father and started to look for my brother.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I know it's short, but maybe if I got some comments I would make the next one longer, ok maybe not the next, it's a possibility but DEFFINATLY the one after that... The choice is up to you.
~ <3 Cat