Status: Active, but might be slow.

Change My Life

10

I woke up early the next day to shower and get ready. I pulled on a pretty outfit that I would hopefully be able to pull off that night too. I made breakfast for everyone, which we ate at the table.
“Plans for today?” Adam murmured as he ate.
“I’m going to my bosses hearing, and then out to dinner tonight. I will be coming home in between to meet your friend’s mom.” I said the last part to Aelyn. She nodded.
“And you?” Adam asked Aelyn.
“I have school, and then I’m spending the night at my best friend Alicia’s house.” She told him excitedly.
“Awesome! I guess I’ll be going out and making friends of my own.” Adam said with a smirk.
“Don’t bring your friends to my house.” I warned him.
“I never would.” He said, putting his hand over his heart as if that meant anything coming from him. I rolled my eyes.
“Well, it’s time for you to go to school and me to go to the courthouse.” I told Aelyn as I got up. I put my dishes in the sink, grabbed my keys and purse and ushered her out to the car. After dropping her off I went to the courthouse. Ethan was outside on his cell phone when I got there. I stayed a distance away so he didn’t think I was listening to his conversation. He hung up soon after and walked over to me.
“You look beautiful.” He told me, scanning me slowly with his eyes. I blushed.
“Thank you. You look quite sharp in your suit.” I smiled. He laughed.
“It’s new.” He told me.
“Very nice.” I said. He nodded.
“Shall we go inside?” he asked.
“Yea, let’s go.” I said. He rested his hand on my lower back with one hand while he carried his briefcase in the other. We went to the courtroom and he got situated. Marie came in soon after us. Ethan introduced us. She smiled at me.
“It’s lovely meeting you.” She said, “Are you his girlfriend?” she asked when Ethan walked away. I laughed in shock.
“No,” I smiled.
“No or not yet?” she teased lightly. I couldn’t believe how upbeat and happy she seemed. Her eyes were wide and held happiness and hope, her smile was big and as bright as the sun. She was so beautiful. It was so inspiring, considering what happened to her. It was about an hour later that I was sitting down watching everything happen. Ethan was passionate and strong. Today was the last court date and the verdict would be given. I wasn’t surprised when it was decided that the man was guilty and owed her a lot of money. I smiled along with them. I felt overwhelming proud of him and wanted to just hug him. When everything was said and done and walked over to me, grinning brightly. I hugged him tightly before congratulating him. He laughed and looked down at me. I slowly pulled away, blushing.
“Thanks,” he said.
“I knew you would win,” I said softly.
“You’re confident in me?” he asked.
“Very,” I smiled. He laughed softly before gently brushing some of my hair behind my ear. I blushed again.
“So, it’s pretty early still, do you want to go to your place or something?” he asked.
“Yea sure.” I said. He followed me back to the house and we went inside. Adam was on the couch, eating a sandwich and drinking a beer.
“Hey sis, hey dude,” he said, not taking his eyes away from the TV.
“Hey bum,” I said, rolling my eyes. He laughed and stood up.
“I’ll just introduce myself,” he winked at me before turning to Ethan, “Hello, I’m Adam, Aeryn’s very protective older brother.” He said, sticking his hand out. Ethan laughed.
“Nice to meet you, I’m Ethan.” I watched them shake hands. Adam cocked a brow.
“You seem alright man, how do you know my sister?” he asked.
“She’s my secretary.” Ethan answered. Adam nodded.
“kinky.” He smirked, “Want a beer?” he asked.
“Sure,” Ethan said, seeming very entertained by my brother. Adam sauntered off to the kitchen.
“Sorry about him,” I said.
“Oh, its fine, I kinda like him,” he laughed. We went over to the couch and sat down. I slipped my shoes off and waited for Adam to come back. He brought two glasses of scotch, one for him and one for Ethan and brought me a glass of wine. I rolled my eyes.
“Hopefully you like scotch.” He said with a smile as he handed Ethan the glass.
“Scotch and cigars,” Ethan said, taking the glass and thanking him. They started to talk so I grabbed the remote and changed the channel. They were really hitting it off, which made me happy. We joked around and hung out at my place until Aelyn got home. She was more than excited to see Ethan. She gave him a big hug, which he returned with a laugh.
“Oh! Aer! Alicia is gonna be here in a couple hours!” she said before running to her room. She came back out a couple of minutes later with a backpack full of stuff. “I am so excited! I don’t even remember the last time I had a sleepover!” she exclaimed, jumping up and down slightly. I smiled.
“I hope you have a good time.” I said.
“I know I will! You guys have a good time too!” she said.
“Thanks,” I said. The doorbell rang later. I got up and answered the door. There was two girls, a young one and one that looked about my age. “Hey, I’m Aeryn.” I smiled.
“I’m Cora Summers, Alicia’s big sister.” The red haired older sister smiled back.
“Nice to meet you, but I thought your mom was coming by.” I said unsurely.
“Well, hopefully you don’t mind the girls staying at my place instead?” she asked.
“Oh, uh, that’s fine.” I shrugged. Aelyn ran up beside me.
“This is Alicia!” Aelyn said, pointing excitedly at the shorted red haired girl. She smiled brightly at me. I smiled back. The girls ran out to Cora’s Jeep and she stayed and chatted for minute.
“So, how old are you?” she asked.
“I’m 21, you?” I asked.
“I just turned 22 like three days ago!” she told me with a smile.
“Happy birthday,” I smiled.
“Thanks! So you got a boyfriend?” she asked.
“No, you?” I asked with a slight laugh.
“Yes, two years together. He’s over in Europe right now though.” She said, her smile faltering for a second.
“Awe,” I said.
“yea, so do you have a lot of friends around here? We should go out clubbing some time.” She said.
“I actually don’t, my friends are all kinda long distance.” I told her, “So yea, that’d be fun.” I smiled.
“Awesome! So we will see you tomorrow!” she grinned before going out to her Jeep.
“She was hot.” Adam said, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.
“She is taken.” I warned him.
“She stopped smiling when she said he’s away, she’s more available then you think.” He said before winking at me.
“Well, I guess we should be going.” I said to Ethan.
“Yea, definitely.” He smiled. I put my shoes on, said goodbye to my brother, then left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Unfortunately these links aren't clickable, so you'll have to copy && paste.. sorry /:
Aeryn's Outfit : http://www.polyvore.com/change_my_life_outfit/set?id=26684692

How I picture everything : http://www.polyvore.com/change_my_life_collection/collection?id=877703

Copyright 2011 ; Hey Miss Lexi