Status: Active, but might be slow.

Change My Life

04

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock blaring in my ear. I smacked it, rolled onto my stomach, and groaned. I was tired. I dragged myself to the bathroom, took a shower, blow dried and styled my hair, brushed my teeth, and did my makeup. I found an outfit for school and pulled it on, then put an outfit for work in a bag to change into later. I went to Aelyn's room to find her getting ready.
"Almost done?" I asked.
"Yep!" she said, smiling. I went to the kitchen and made us breakfast. She came out looking cute as ever with her backpack and sweater. "What'd you make?" she asked.
"Cream of wheat." I told her, handing her a bowl. We ate quickly, then left. "Okay, so you get out at 3:45?" I asked.
"Yea," she mumbled.
"Alright, well, your gonna have to take the bus. You have your key? And do you remember your bus numbers and everything?" I asked.
"I have my key, but I don't remember my bus number…or stop." She said. I laughed.
"Okay, your bus numbers is 231, you should probably write that down, and your stop is at the corner closest to the house. If the bus ride really sucks we'll figure something else out for the rest of the year." I said, pulling up to her school. It was only fifteen minutes away.
"Alright.." She trailed off, staring at the school.
"You okay?" I asked.
"Uh…I think so." She mumbled.
"Call me if you need me. And…if you have a terrible day, call me and I'll come get you. I know how stressful it can be to start at a new school. But I think you'll have a great day, your pretty and nice, everyone is going to want to be friends with you. But I gotta go babe, love you." I said, kissing her temple.
"Thanks Aer, love you too." She hugged me, then got out. I bit my lip and left. I got to school on time, and went to all my classes. I got out at one, changed, grabbed lunch from a fast food restaurant, then went to work. When I got there I knocked lightly on Ethan's door. It was closed almost all the way.
"Come in!" he called. I opened it slowly and smiled at him. There was someone in the chair across from him. They turned around and it was Will. He smiled.
"Hi," I said to them.
"Hey, how you been?" Will asked.
"Great. Oh, my sister made these for you guys." I said, grabbing two invitations out of my purse that Aelyn has slipped in this morning. I handed them out and watched them open them. They both smiled. Ethan looked up at me.
"Your sister lives with you?" he asked. I nodded. "How old is she?" he asked.
"13, almost 14." I told him. He nodded slowly.
"So, your having a housewarming party?" Will asked.
"Yep, it was Aelyn's idea." I told him.
"Nice." Ethan smiled.
"It's this weekend. Hopefully you can make it, but if you can't that's alright." I said.
"I can make it." Ethan said.
"So can I." Will told me.
"Great, Ael will be very excited." I smiled.
"Can't wait." Ethan said.
"So, got any paperwork?" I asked, walking over to his desk.
"Unfortunately." He said, getting up. He opened a filing cabinet and grabbed a couple of thick folders, and a pile of papers. "Want me to bring it over for you?" he asked.
"I've got it, besides your in the middle of something." I smiled, grabbing them carefully.
"Alright. If anyone calls while Will is here please just take a message." He said.
"Will do," I said, walking over to my office, but not before closing his door. I quickly went to work. It was an hour later that Will and Ethan walked out of his office. They walked into mine, and smiled at me.
"Any important calls?" Ethan asked.
"I don't know about important, but definitely got calls for you. Here's all your messages." I said, grabbing a piece of paper that was completely covered in messages. I handed it to him and he looked over it.
"Damn, I gotta make some calls. It was great seeing you Will. Guess the next time I'll see you will be Saturday." Ethan said.
"Alright, see you then." They shook hands and Ethan went to his office, closing his door behind him. Will sat across from me and smiled.
"You look really nice." He said.
"Thank you," I blushed. He nodded.
"So are you not really a party person?" he asked.
"Not really." I laughed, "Don't get me wrong, I like socializing, but I'm nervous about having people at my house. It's mainly going to be family, and you two." I sighed.
"You need some friends." He teased.
"I have friends!" I laughed. He smiled.
"I'm sure you do. Who wouldn't want to be friends with you?" he said, smiling widely. I blushed again.
"Well, I had my enemies in high school, but people usually like me." I smiled back. He nodded.
"I know I do." He said. I found myself blushing yet again.
"Well thank you, I like you too, Will." I said. He laughed, and leaned back.
"So, are you super busy?" he asked.
"Not at the moment." I said, looking at my empty basket. He nodded.
"Ethan keeps you busy most of the time though?" he looked back at the door.
"Ha, yea. He's always getting calls and emails, and there's always more paperwork." I told him.
"Sounds like what my secretary goes through." He laughed.
"What is your secretary like?" I asked.
"Uh, he's pretty good. He's a college student, majoring in philosophy. He works hard because he needs the money." He told me.
"That’s good. Are you disappointed your secretary isn't a hot babe?" I teased. He laughed.
"No, it's better not to have a distraction at work." He grinned. I smiled.
"I can understand that." I said.
"I'm sure you’re a big distraction for Ethan." He said. I laughed in surprise.
"Please." I said.
"I didn't think you were the modest type." He smirked. I smiled.
"Are you the modest type?" I asked, crossing my legs and leaning back a little. He looked away for a second.
"Well…I'm not the cocky type…most of the time." He laughed a little. I shook my head a smiled. I looked up then to see Ethan coming out of his office.
"Still here Will?" he asked, walking over to us.
"Yea, just chatting with Aeryn." Will told him. He nodded.
"I see." He said, looking at me.
"I actually need to go though. I'll see you soon though." Will said, getting up.
"Alright, nice seeing you." I smiled.
"You too." He said.
"Bye Will." Ethan said.
"Bye Ethan." And with that Will left.
"Did you want some coffee?" Ethan asked.
"Sure, but I can get it." I told him.
"Nah, it's alright, I got it." He smiled, walking out. He brought me a coffee, we talked for a minute, then we both got back to work. At 3:48 my phone rang. I answered it.
"Hello, this is Ethan Gray's office, how can I help you?" I asked.
"Ha, nice answer!" it was Aelyn.
"Hey Ael, what's up?" I asked.
"Just got out of school." She said.
"How was it?" I asked.
"Awesome! I already have new friends! Everyone loves me so far!" she exclaimed happily.
"Awe, that’s great! I told you everyone would like you." I said.
"Yea! Well my bus is here, see you later!" she said.
"Call when you get home so I know you got there safe!" I barely got it out before she hung up with an 'okay'. I smiled and hung up. It was 6:30 when I was able to leave. I said goodbye to Ethan and headed home. When I got there Aelyn was going through her backpack. "Hey kid." I said, putting my purse down.
"Hey sis! Did you find the invitations?" she asked.
"Yep, and I gave them to Will and Ethan." I told her. She grinned.
"Are they coming?" she asked.
"They said they were." I smiled. She nodded.
"Good. Your getting a boyfriend." She said.
"No," I laughed.
"Yep!" she grinned. I rolled my eyes.
"Got homework?" I asked.
"Not yet. My teachers said I could wait until Monday." She told me.
"What is today? Wednesday?" I asked.
"Yep!" she sang. I nodded.
"Sounds good. Ready for dinner?" I kicked off my high heels and went into the kitchen.
"Yes, I'm starving." She groaned. I smiled and started dinner. All in all I had a good day, and I was so happy that Aelyn had a great day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aeryn's Outfits
Enjoy! Comment && subscribe?
Hey Miss Lexi <3

Copyright 2010 ; Hey Miss Lexi