Status: Active, but might be slow.

Change My Life

07

Tuesday went by slowly, and uneventfully. On Wednesday I got ready for school and packed an outfit for work. I laid out an outfit for that evening, then brought Aelyn to school. When I dropped her off she skipped away from the car. I smiled, happy that things were going well for her. I went to school then finally went to work. When I got there Ethan was busy on the phone. I saw a pile of paperwork in his out box that needed to be filed, so I grabbed it. I went to my office and did the paperwork before moving onto emails. The phone rang off the hook for a couple of hours, and then everything calmed down. Ethan walked over to my office and sat down.
"hey," he said, rubbing his face tiredly.
"Didn't get much sleep?" I asked, cocking my head to the side and watching him for a minute.
"I pretty much got no sleep." He said, yawning.
"I'm sorry." I said.
"Thanks. Once this case is over I'll have the weekend to relax and get back on schedule." He said. I nodded. "So, what is it your doing tonight?" he asked, sitting back in his chair comfortably.
"Going out to dinner." I told him.
"Nice." He said, "How is your sister?" he asked.
"She's good. She got a boyfriend." I said, running my fingers aimlessly over my keyboard.
"Really?" he laughed.
"Yep. He's coming over for dinner on Sunday, I think." I sighed.
"Is it her first boyfriend?" he asked.
"That I know of." I mumbled, "It's weird feeling like a mom now. I've never had a lot of responsibilities. Our dad always took care of us. Even when I was living in an apartment my dad was still taking care of me. It was a really big wake up call when he passed away. And now I have to worry about my damn older brother too. I'm more then sure he's going to just show up someday soon." I grumbled.
"Are things alright though?" he asked.
"what do you mean?" I asked, looking up into his eyes.
"I mean, your not having any serious money problems or anything?" he asked. I shook my head.
"Not yet." I sighed.
"I think your going to be alright." He smiled.
"I hope so." I smiled back. The phone in my office rang then. He grabbed it.
"Ethan Gray's office." He said. He was quiet for a minute while he listened to the person on the other end. "Not a problem. Is Tuesday alright for you?" he asked. He nodded to himself. "Alright, I will see you then. Thank you." He said. "Okay, goodbye." He hung up then looked at me. "Already got myself a new case." He laughed.
"Are weekends your only time off?" I asked.
"Yep. And that's only sometimes too." He said with a smile. "I don't really mind though. I like working. And even though being a lawyer can be stressful, and insane sometimes, I still have a life, so its all good." He explained.
"What do you do for fun?" I asked. He smirked.
"I like to go and do stuff. Go to dinner, bars, date, stuff like that." He said.
"You date a lot?" I asked. He bit his lip.
"Sometimes." He said. I nodded. "What about you?" he asked.
"Do I date a lot?" I asked, and he nodded. "Not really. I haven't had time lately." I sighed.
"Do you have time now?" he asked.
"I don’t know…I guess if the guys patient and not too needy it could work." I said with a laugh.
"Your really busy aren't you?" he asked.
"Kind of. I have school four to five days a week. I work five days a week. I take care of my sister every day of the week." I explained. He nodded.
"What were you doing before all of this?" he asked.
"I was going to school, living in an apartment, dating and hanging out with friends, doing a little bit of partying, and working at a bookstore." I told him.
"Sounds like when I was in school. Except I did a lot of partying, and worked at a couple of restaurants. But that was mainly when I was still in a community college." He told me. I smiled.
"Were you in a fraternity?" I asked with a smirk.
"As a matter of fact, I was." He said, grinning widely.
"I am so not surprised." I laughed. He smiled.
"Unfortunately, I have to get back to work." He said, slumping in his chair.
"Same here." I said. He got up. He smiled and hesitated for a minute before going to his office. When it was time for me to leave I grabbed my things and went to Ethan's office.
"Heading home?" he asked. I nodded. "Just so you know, you look really nice today." He said, sliding his eyes over me. I blushed.
"Thank you." I smiled.
"Bye." He said.
"Bye," I sang, leaving. When I got home I found Aelyn doing homework. I got ready as quickly as I could. A little while after I was ready the doorbell went off. "Aelyn, be good, and careful, and don't use the oven or stove." I said, grabbing my bag. She rolled her eyes.
"Have fun Aeryn!" she sang. I opened the door and smiled at Will. He looked as handsome as ever. He had on a suit and was smiling.
"Hi," I said nervously.
"You look beautiful." He told me.
"Thank you," I smiled.
"Are you ready to go?" he asked.
"Yea," I said, going outside. I locked the door and walked with him to his truck. He opened my door for me and I got in. I put on my seatbelt as he went over to his side of the truck. He got in, buckled up, and started his truck. "So where are we going?" I asked.
"I was thinking Olive Garden," he said.
"Yummy," I grinned. When we got there we went inside. We were brought to a booth. We sat down and ordered drinks. We each got a glass of wine, and a glass of water. We placed our food orders once our drinks came back. I looked at him and smiled.
"So, Aeryn, tell me about yourself." He said.
"Hmm, let me think. I'm 21, I'm from Cassadaga, I go to Daytona State, I have one tattoo," I bit my lip and thought for a second, "I have a couple of piercings," I smiled mischievously now, "And that's pretty much it." I said. He grinned.
"What piercings do you have?" he asked.
"Three ear piercings, and my belly button." I smiled.
"Nice." He said.
"Tell me about yourself." I said, twirling hair around my finger.
"Well, I'm 27, I'm from Brooklyn, I have six siblings, they all live in New York, I went to the New York Law School, and I love Daytona. Oh, and I have a couple of tattoos." He told me.
"Wow, isn't New York Law School private?" I asked.
"Yes, it is." He told me.
"Damn," I smiled. He nodded slowly.
"So what do you want to do when you grow up?" he smirked.
"I'm not sure." I said, biting my lip.
"What are you in school for?" he asked.
"Well, I'm majoring in English and fashion." I told him.
"Both?" he asked. I nodded, smiling. "Wow. So how is Aelyn?" he asked.
"She's good…she got a boyfriend and a best friend." I said unsurely.
"A boyfriend?" he laughed.
"Yep. And we're having him over for dinner." I still wasn't sure I liked her having a boyfriend.
"Well, as long as he's a good kid I think it'll be fine." He said.
"Yea, I suppose." I smiled. Our food came soon after. We ate and laughed then shared dessert.
"So, do you want kids of your own?" he asked me.
"I think so…one day." I laughed. "What about you?" I asked.
"Definitely. I don't know when that'll be, but I do want kids." He said. I smiled.
"I think you would make a great daddy." I said.
"oh, you think so?" he asked with a small smirk.
"Yep." I grinned. He laughed.
"Your kids are gonna be adorable." He told me, cocking his head to the side. I smiled.
"Thank you. I hope so." I giggled.
"Are you ready to go?" he asked. I nodded. He paid then we walked out to the truck. We sat in our seats for a minute, just looking at each other. I leaned closer to him and he leaned back. Our lips touched gently. I shivered and moved even closer. He grabbed my cheeks and kissed me more aggressively. I slid my fingers into his hair. He moved his hands down to my waist and pulled me into his lap. I straddled him as we made out. I pulled back, breathing heavily.
"Let's go to your house." I whispered, pecking him on the lips. He nodded. I moved back to my seat and we buckled in. when we got to his house I looked over at mine and saw a car parked outside. I got out of his truck and furrowed my brow.
"Who's at your house?" Will asked.
"I have an idea." I grumbled. I grabbed my things and started walking towards my house. He jogged to my side and walked with me. I unlocked my front door, walked into the living room and crossed my arms over my chest. "Adam."
♠ ♠ ♠
Aeryn's Outfits
Enjoy (:

Copyright 2010 ; Hey Miss Lexi