Status: slow updates.

A-Z

Invitations and rejections.

I wasn't about to let the guys see me like that again! I threw myself on the bed and exhaled sharply. I could hear them chuckling down stairs, and that just irked me. If I was a guy, I'd beat the shit out of whomever just to make a point. I giggled at my own thoughts, and got up to make the bed. I grabbed some jeans and slipped them on, then took my shirt off and put a bra on.

"Hey." I heard and immediately grabbed the shirt to cover up. As I turned to see Ace, I relaxed and slipped the shirt on.

"What's going on?" I ask with a smile, walking over and giving him a hug.

"There might be a party tonight." He informed with a wince,

"What kind of party?" I sighed, taking a seat on the bed.

"I'm not sure what Axel and Dante have in mind." He answered, and I nodded.

"Okay." I muttered, then smiled. "Can I invite Zach?"

"Zach?" He repeated with a scowl look. "Why Zach?"

"He's my best friend." I reminded and he rolled his eyes.

"But you left me to move in with him." He retorted, this time I rolled my eyes and folded my arms across my chest.

"I didn't leave you to move in with him, I left you because of you." I coldly spat, and he furrowed his brows.

"See, we fight whenever Zach's name is even mentioned. So it's probably not best." He pointed out, and I growled.

"We fight because of your issue with him!" I screamed, and stood up. "Fine, I'll just lock myself in the room here for your little party."

"That wont be necessary." He assured, and I shook my head.

"No, if my best friend isn't allowed to the party, then neither am I." I hissed and he stared at me with a stern expression.

"Fine, invite your stupid best friend." He caved and stormed out. I stood there with a mixed feeling of accomplishment and sadness. Zach and I have always been best friends, way before Ace came along, so why can't he just accept that?

I was overcome with jealousy, just that name makes my blood boil. I stomped down stairs, grabbed a cigar and went to my office. I opened the files, lit my cigar and sat there puffing on it while reviewing my paperwork.

"Yo." I heard and glanced up to see Leon.

"What are you doing here?" I growled, setting the cigar down on the ashtray.

"I'm dropping off the paperwork for the deal." He grinned, and I rolled my eyes. "Also, someone is here to see you."

"Someone?" I repeated and glanced behind him to see a man about our age. "Who is this?"

"The name is Joey Starlings. My father talked to you a couple of days ago, you said to meet him the other day but you've been avoiding your office." This Joey-guy informed, standing beside Leon to see me.

"And?" I impatiently ask, moving my hand in a circular motion for him to continue.

"I want you to reconsider your proposition of replacing our family business with a shopping area." The guy continued and I quirked a brow.

"You drove all this way to beat a dead horse?" I mused, and he just stared at me; emotionless.

"The people of our town don't care for your noisy, fancy malls." He added, staring at me intensely now.

"I'm sure once it's built, they'll be more than happy to shop there." I coldly replied, and went back to viewing my documents.

"Hey, Ace." Zeke entered the room, and stared at Leon then the Joey guy.

"What babe?" I questioned, glancing up at her.

"Did you want a breakfast burrito?" She suggested, taking cautious looks at the two guys then to me.

"Not right now." I declined, and returned my attention to the files.

"Would they like one?" She proposed, and I immediately glared up.

"Zeke, not at this moment. Now quit bothering us, and go make yourself food." I demanded, and she stared at me with confusion.

"Fine." She spat and stomped out.

"I see you treat your women the way you treat your work." Joey scoffed, and I glared at him.

"You've come here to possibly talk sense into me, and yet you try and offend me?" I chuckled, sitting back in my chair with hands behind my head, and my feet on my desk.

"I am here to reason with you." Joey corrected, and I chuckled again. "Your father may be a cold man, but I would think you would have more...passion."

"Sad to tell you, but my passion is only in the bedroom, of which you will never experience." I joked, and Leon laughed at that.

"I am not here as a joke, Ace. Our people are very upset about this. Our family business isn't even doing that bad, so we didn't pay a hundred dollars." Joey growled, causing me to quirk a brow. "They have also raised money."

"Raised money?" I repeated, looking at him with amusement.

"Yes." Joey dropped own an envelope that I assumed was filled with cash. "Now the debt is done."

"Hmm. I will bring this proposal to my father." I shrugged, shoving the envelope away and stared up at Joey.

"I'll give him a call right now." Leon nodded and hurried out of my office, probably to go bug Zeke for food.

"I plea with you, Ace Raine." Joey was now beginning to beg, and allow his walls to fall down. "This business is all we have."

"Shame." I shrugged, when Zeke entered the room again. "What now?!"

"You told me not to bother with those two, yet Leon is demanding food." She answered, putting a hand on her hip.

"Then make him some damn food." I growled and Joey turned to her.

"A lovely lady such as yourself should not allow one to talk to you the way he does." Joey simply informed then turned back to me. "If you follow through with this, Ace Raine, I assure you. We will get our higher ups involved, and we will sue."

"Don't tempt me with a good challenge." I warned, and he just rolled his eyes.

"We'll see about that." Joey spat, grabbed the envelope, nodded at Zeke then left.

"For now on, Zeke. When there are unknown people in this office, do not enter." I instructed, and blankly stared at the paperwork in front of me.

"You know what, Ace?" She started, and I boredly glanced up at her. "I'm sick of the way you treat me."

"I'm just stressed." I sighed, and she rolled her eyes leaving my office.


I left his office with a roll of my eyes. Maybe I was just taking things too personal? I thought about a lot of things when I bumped into someone.

"Sorry." I apologized and glanced to see that guy.

"No, it was my fault." He assured, and I quirked a brow.

"So, what are you doing here still?" I ask, glancing around.

"I got lost actually, can't find my way out." He lightly chuckled, this time I rose both brows.

"That way." I directed, using my thumb to point over my shoulder at the door across the living room.

"Oh." He shrugged, looking me up and down before hurrying off.

"Who were you talking to?" Ace actually came out of his office, surprise, surprise.

"That guy." I measly answered, and started going up the stairs.

"What guy?" Ace followed, and I sighed.

"That guy that was in your office, okay?" I replied, and he frowned.

"I don't like it when you're mad at me." He pouted, and I slowly eased my facial expressions.

"I'm not mad." I assured, letting out a soft sigh.

"I love you." He cutely called, making me smile.

"I love you too." I repeated, scrunching my nose up in what he calls an "adorable" fashion.

"I shall see you in a bit, I have business." He confessed, grabbing a jacket from the closet down stairs.

"Going to work?" I sighed, pointing out the obvious.

"Yes, I need to take our address off the files so that people don't continue coming here, and I also need to talk with my father." He explained, and sent me a reassuring smile. "I'll be back before any party starts."

"Okay." I smiled, blowing a kiss and went to our room. I grabbed the phone and dialed Zach's number.

"Hmm?" I heard, and quirked a brow.

"Are you doing something that I need to call you back later on?" I teased, and sat down on the bed.

"No, just woke up." Zach yawned. "What'd you need?"

"Not need, more want to ask." I corrected, and he sighed.

"Moving back in?" He suggested, causing me to laugh.

"Don't sound so sad!" I scolded and continued to laugh. "No, there's a party here tonight, wanted to know if you'd like to come?"

"A party aye?" He repeated, and I nodded; even though he can't see it.

"Yep." I yawned, and laid my head back on the pillow.

"Is Tawny going?" He abruptly inquired, taking me back.

"Tawny?" I was so confused. "Why would she be going?"

"I hear she's with a Dante Raine." I could hear all the sadness behind the tone in his voice.

"Damn." I mumbled. "I'm not sure."

"I don't want to bump into her, Zee."

"I'll make sure she isn't coming." I assured, and got up. I went down stairs and found Dante watching TV.

"Need something?" Dante questioned, taking a moment to turn his attention to me.

"Is Tawny coming tonight?" I replied, trying to fight the anger inside me.

"Not sure." He shrugged, and I heard Zach sigh on the other end.

"Well, she isn't welcome." I roughly nodded and started walking up stairs.

"And who said you were in charge?" Dante called, and I laughed.

"My house." I reminded and went back inside my room, shutting the door. "That's settled."

"I highly doubt he's going to listen." Zach muttered, and I giggled.

"That's the glory of living here, I can personally kick her ass out. You wouldn't want to miss the look on her face, when you're standing in the living room waving her a due, while I shove her out the front door, do you?" I bribed and heard him chuckle.

"Fine, I'm sold. What time tonight?" He questioned, and I shrugged; again not like he can see it.

"Come around five." I named a random time, because I really didn't know when it'd start.

"So early." He groaned.

"I want you here before the skank." I explained.

"Oh of course." He evilly chuckled again.

"And so I can give you a tour." I was excited to show Zach the house, and to see what he thinks of it. I then proceeded to give him directions here, and smiled as we hung up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry late update, just been busy. And I'm on my mom's slow laptop right now. Blah.
Love, Kassi.

Btw, comments are loved and appreciated.
Thanks to anyone who's even reading the story!
And thanks to the subscribers as well!!! :D
It means a lot to me!!!!