Status: slow updates.

A-Z

Took it off.

It was silent for a moment as those words escaped Zach's lips.

"I know." I finally whispered, and stared at the floor.

"Zeke." Zach started again, and I shifted my eyes to his.

"Yes?" I retorted, but he just shook his head.

"Nothing." He sighed, opening the slider door and went inside. I stood there dumb founded, but slowly found myself following him. Ace walked over and stared at me with his brows raised.

"Happy?" Ace asked, then glared at Zach.

"Can we please just enjoy tonight?" I sighed, when there was a barely audible knock at the door. I walked over and opened it with a smile.

"Sista!" Zoe greeted, coming inside with a lovely plant in a decorative pot. Brody followed in behind her, and glanced around at everyone.

"Yo." Brody nodded at me, then walked over to Ace. I smiled at Zoe, and stared at the flower that's growing on this mini-tree thing she just gave me.

"You like?" Zoey questioned, biting her bottom lip.

"I love." I assured, taking it to the kitchen.

"So many people here." Zoe commented, glancing around then gawked at the kitchen.

"Yeah." I mumbled, with a slight shrug. I placed the pot on the island counter and turned to Zoe. "That's the exact expression I had when I saw this." I giggled.

"I mean, this shit is crazy!" She exclaimed, looking around at everything. "When is the family dinner?"

"Soon." I answered, nervously biting my bottom lip and glancing at the floor.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" She inquired, causing me to return my attention to her.

"At the family dinner." I assured, swiftly taking the ring off without her noticing. I smiled and placed it in my bra before walking to the couch with her. We both sat down and watched everyone drink, get drunk and stumble.

Great, Zoey and Brody are here. I stood around with my brothers, friends, and soon Brody joined.

"Yo." Brody greeted, with a nod of his head.

"Beer is in the kitchen." I pointed out, and he nodded.

"I have an extra." Dante offered, handing Brody and unopened bottle of beer.

"Thanks for inviting me." Brody abruptly thanked, and I stared at him blankly.

"I didn't." I chuckled, causing Dante and Axel to laugh. Brody just stood there with a sigh, and shrugged.

"Oh well, I'm still gonna get drunk!" Brody cheered, and we just nodded. Zach came over, and stood awkwardly next to everyone.

"You must be Zach?" Axel greeted.

"Yep." Zach replied, shaking Axel's hand.

"I'm Axel, Ace's half brother." Axel introduced, and Zach nodded.

"Nice to meet you." Zach politely informed, then glanced at Dante.

"What?" Dante laughed, and soon we all laughed. "I'm kidding, I'm Ace's older brother. Dante."

"Zach." Zach repeated, shaking Dante's hand now.

"Now that everyone has greeted each other." I chuckled.

"I'm Leon." Leon chimed, grinning at Zach.

"No homo." Zach mused, and everyone, but me, chuckled.

"He's funny." Axel commented, and I shrugged. Why was Axel being nice to this guy?

"Thanks." Zach grinned, then glanced at Zeke. I felt sudden jealousy, just the way he looked at her. Especially when she noticed, and sent Zach a smile before turning her attention back to her sister.

"Alright, everyone. I'm tired, out!" I demanded, suddenly angered.

"But the party just started." Dante quirked a brow, and I walked in the kitchen. I grabbed more beers, and started taking shots. I went to the small table inside the kitchen that sits two, and sat there drinking alone.


"Alright, everyone. I'm tired, out!" Ace abruptly screamed, causing everyone to look at him confused. Dante muttered something, and Ace stalked in the kitchen. I frowned, and glanced back at Zoelle.

"Something up with you two?" She questioned, and I got up.

"Come with me out front." I sighed and she nodded. I grabbed my pack of cigs and hurried outside with her. Once the door was closed, I lit up and stood a distance away.

"So, what's going on with you two?" She repeated, staring at me intensely. Either she really wanted to know, or wanted a cig.

"We're just having our arguments." I sighed, taking a long drag.

"About?" She questioned, licking her lips.

"Zach." I quietly answered.

"I knew he'd be jealous of Zach." She giggled, shaking her head.

"I don't get why he's so jealous." I whined, blowing my smoke away from her.

"Come on, Zee. Don't act dumb." She teased, and I immediately darted my eyes in her direction.

"What do you mean?" I retorted, and she sighed.

"You don't see the connection you two have?" She inquired.

"Duh, I mean that's why I'm living with him." I laughed.

"Not you and Ace." She corrected, and I stood there quietly.

"Zach and I?" I whispered, and she nodded. I glanced away, then shrugged. "I guess."

"Now you're being modest." She giggled, and I rolled my eyes.

"Zoe, I love Ace. Not Zach." I confirmed and she snorted.

"I think you and Zach have always loved each other, you're just too stubborn or foolish to admit it." She confessed, and I rolled my eyes again.

"Neither." I lied, and took another hit of my cig.

"You're lying, Zeke." Zoe sternly hissed, and I bit my bottom lip.

"I love Ace." I repeated, and she nodded.

"I know this." She reminded, and I sighed.

"I don't want to talk about feelings for Zach, if I love Ace." I admitted, and she widely grinned.

"You do have feelings for Zach, I knew it! So many years and you guys' never admitted it!" She squealed, and I growled.

"Shut up, Zoelle." I demanded, and she stuck her tongue out at me.

"Zach and Zeke, sitting in a tree." She sang, and I rolled my eyes. I took one last puff of my cig and stomped on it.

"You're lucky you're pregnant, or I'd whoop you." I threatened, and she quirked a friendly brow.

"Damn right." She giggled, and followed me inside. I slowly closed the door behind us, and turned around. Ace was alone in the kitchen, Zach was chatting with Brody and Ace's people. I sighed and went in the kitchen.

"Hey babe." I greeted, taking a seat in the empty chair.

"Hi." He shrugged, taking another shot. He was slightly swaying, and his eyes were squinted. He looked horrible, and kept lightly gasping, allowing little burps to breath out.

"You okay? Want some water?" I offered while standing to retrieve some water.

"Did I say I wa water?" He slurred, and I shook my head. "Then th- you go!"

"Okay." I mumbled and started walking away. Suddenly he grabbed my hand and brought me closer.

"I love yooou, and this ri-" he paused, holding my left hand and glanced up at me. "Where is it?!"

"Ace." I started and he shook his head.

"I can't believe you! You fucking bitch!" He screamed, and shoved me back.

"Don't make a scene!" I begged, and he stumbled in the living room. He leaned against the wall for support and searched through the people. I quickly rushed over, and felt tears prick my eyes.

"Where is he?!" He yelled, searching through everyone.

"Don't!" I screamed and then it happened again. The sting, the pain, the falling to the floor. Everyone paused, and someone shut the music off.

"Everyone, get out." Ace demanded, and everyone started to leave. The only people left is, my sister, Brody, Zach, Dante, and Axel. "You! Get the fuck out of my house."

"You need to calm down, buddy." Zach cooed, taking a step forward.

"No, you need to get out. Now." Ace repeated himself and took a step forward, but fell. Zach stared at Ace without emotion, then shifted his eyes to me.

"Come on, Zeke." Zach called, extending a hand.

"I can't." I whispered, glancing at Ace.

"Zeke, he's drunk. Abusive, and this isn't a place you want to be right now." Zach pointed out. Hesitantly, I shook my head and declined his offer. I stood up by myself, and stared down at Ace.

"I can't leave him." I mumbled, and Zach rolled his eyes.

"You'll come back in the morning, when he's sobered up." Zach assured, and I felt my tear fall down my cheek.

"I can't leave him and go with you!" I screamed.

"Zeke." Zoey whispered, and Brody looked around.

"Zoe, I think it's time we leave." Brody mumbled, a little drunk himself. He drank the last of his beer, and grabbed another one for the road. "Come on."

"I can't leave my sister." Zoe stated, and turned to me.

"I'm fine you guys. Ace needs someone to take care of him right now." I informed, and leaned over to help Ace up.

"Get off me." He cried out, shoving me away.

"Oh totally." Zach sarcastically agreed.

"Zoe, you need to drive. Brody's a little wasted. And Zach, I'm sorry." I apologized, then knelt down in front of Ace. "Come on babe, you need some rest."

"I need you to get the fuck out!" I coldly yelled at her, but I'm sure it was becoming harder and harder for her to understand me. My tongue felt thick, and I could hear my own slur.

"You don't mean that." She cooed, as Zach stood there behind her. I didn't even realize that Brody and Zoe had already left.

"I do, you took it off, you took it off." I repeated, and felt my eyes get really heavy. I slowly stood up, and leaned against the wall for support. "So go with the man you love." I spat, and did my best to climb up the stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww, Ace is such a jerk. :] I love how everyone agrees, he's controlling, but he has obvious feelings for Zeke. hahaha.