Status: Completed

Home For Christmas

Home For Christmas

"Remind me again while we're at the airport the day before Christmas Eve?" Brian grumbled as he folded his arms across his chest. Jimmy had begged the younger man to drive him to the airport to pick up one of his friends. Brian agreed but had no idea who they were picking up.

"I told you. We're picking up a friend." Jimmy answered as he looked around for any sign of his friend.

"Well does this friend have a name?"

"She does."

"She?" Brian raised an eyebrow and grinned. "Is she hot?"

Jimmy simply nodded as he continued to look around. "Yep. Just ask any guy in the world."

Brian's grin widened and as he opened his mouth to ask another question a pair of hands covered his line of vision.

"Guess who?"

He froze. He'd know that voice anywhere. Spinning around Brian's eyes widened as he stared at the one woman that always made him go weak in the knees.

"Jenna?!"

"In the flesh."

Brian looked her up and down as he took all of her in. It has been three long years since he had last seen her and he couldn't believe how much she had changed. Her long dark hair was now shoulder length and blonde. He prefered her dark locks but he wasn't about to say anything. Any version of her standing in front of him was enough for him.

"Are you two gonna stare at me all day or what?" Jen teased.

Jimmy took a step towards her when Brian practically pushed him out of the way and took her into his arms.

"I missed you." He whispered as he took in her scent. He nearly melted in her arms when he realized she was wearing his favorite perfume she owned.

"I missed you too." Jen smiled as she rested her chin on his shoulder.

"Stop hogging my best friend." Jimmy pouted watching as they broke apart. Jen walked around Brian and wrapped her arms around Jimmy.

"Hey Jimmers."

The older man smiled as he picked her up and spun her around. "Three years is too fucking long Butterfly."

"I know." She smiled as she was set back on her feet. "I wish I could see you guys more often but.. with our schedules we're never home at the same time."

Jimmy nodded. "How long are you home for?"

"About a week. I have to leave on New Years Eve."

"You can't spend New Years with us?" Brian asked disappointed.

"I can spend a little time with you guys. My flight doesn't leave until 9pm." Jen told him, feeling terrible that she couldn't stay longer. She was in the middle of shooting a movie and had to beg and plead to be able to go home for Christmas. She was so busy she didn't know when she'd get another chance to go home.

After another round of hugs they got Jen's bags and drove her to her Dad's house. The guys talked to her non-stop about everything from the band to who they were and weren't dating. She was lucky to get a word in edge wise. Brian and Jimmy helped take her bags up to her room where Jimmy tried countless times to peek into the suitcase that was filled with presents.

"James Owen Sullivan if you peek one more time I'm not giving you your present."

"But Jen." He whined.

"No buts."

"Oh fine. Come on Bri we better go."

"You go ahead I'll be down in a minute." He said, never taking his eyes off of Jen.

Grinning like a wild man Jimmy took off down the stairs so he could torment Jen's dad about presents. The second he was gone Brian pulled Jen back into his arms and held her tight.

"What's with this blonde hair?" He asked, playing with the ends of her hair.

"Movie shoot B. You don't like it do you?"

"Honestly? No. Don't get me wrong I love blondes but.. you should always be a brunette. Hey listen.. my dad is holding his annual Christmas Eve party tomorrow night. You should come." Brian said as he stared into her eyes.

Jen smiled. "I wouldn't miss it."

"I'll see you tomorrow then." Brian kissed her cheek softly before turning and walking out the door. As soon as she was out of sight the young guitarist began plotting what to get her for Christmas and hauled Jimmy out of the large house to go shopping.
------

Brian glanced out the window for the tenth time as he waited for Jen to arrive at the party. He was beginning to wonder if she was going to show up when he heard the front door open and saw his father hugging Jen tight.

Breathing a sigh of relief he made his way over to them. "Hey you."

Jen looked up and smiled. "Hey. Sorry I'm late. My Dad and I went out for dinner."

"It's alright. You're here now."

Before she had the chance to say anything several of their friends whisked her away to play catch up. Turning on his heel the guitarist made his way into the kitchen for a much needed beer.

Jen barely had time to sit down that night as everyone at the party wanted to catch up with her. Once she was finally able to catch a breather she made her way through the crowd and found Brian staring out one of the windows.

"Hey Bri."

Turning his head he smiled. "Hey."

"How come you're over here all by yourself?"

He shrugged. "Just thinking."

"About a girl huh?"

"You could say that." He smiled again. "I'm really glad you're here Jen. I've really missed you."

"I miss you too Brian. I'm really glad I was able to come home this year. It sucks spending Christmas alone in a hotel room."

Brian turned his body to her and frowned. "You've spent the last few Christmas' alone?"

She nodded sadly. "Yeah. Work keeps me so busy that I never have time to come home so I order room service in whatever hotel I happen to be in and watch Christmas movies on tv."

"I wish I would have known. We would've had Christmas with you."

Jen smiled at him softly. "I know but I couldn't ask you to leave your families during Christmas."

"Yeah but no one should be alone on Christmas."

"Hey Brian?"

"What Dad?" The young man asked looking over at his father.

"You gonna stand there all night or are you going to kiss her?"

"Huh?" Brian was confused until he looked up and saw that he was standing underneath the mistletoe. "Oh shit."

"What?" She asked and followed his gaze. "Oh!"

Looking back at Jen he smiled softly. "I think this is where we're suppose to kiss."

"I think you might be right." The brunette said as Brian placed his hands softly on her cheeks. He licked his dry lips before leaning in and pressing them against her's. Jen melted in his arms as she kissed him back, feeling his hands move from her face to the small of her back where he pulled her tight against his chest. They both pulled away slowly and stared into each other's eyes before Brian suddenly walked away.

Heading outside the guitarist lit up a cigarette and began to pace. He peered inside through one of the windows and kicked himself when he saw Jen sitting by herself on the couch. He thought about going back inside but he couldn't face her. He wouldn't know what to say. The only thing he could think about was that kiss. The way it felt to hold her in his arms, to feel her soft lips on his. He couldn't go back inside knowing she would be leaving in a few short days and not knowing when he'd see her again.

"Brian?"

"What Dad?" He asked never looking away from the window.

"What the fuck is going on with you?"

"It's nothing."

Brian Sr knew better and made his way over to his son to see what he was looking at. He smiled. "She still makes you weak in the knees doesn't she?"

"I don't want her to leave."

"Then why don't you give her a reason to stay?" He suggested.

"I can't Dad. She's living her dream. I can't take that away from her."

"That's where you're wrong son. That girl has one dream and I guarentee you it's not acting. All she's ever wanted is a family and I know you want to give her that."

Brian sighed. "I do but.. she doesn't want me."

"You sure about that?" Brian Sr asked raising an eyebrow. "I saw that kiss and I gotta tell you if she could've jumped on you right then and there she would have."

"How do you know that?"

"A tall blue eyed bird told me."

He blinked. "She wants me?"

"No." He shook his head. "She loves you." He said before turning and heading back inside to leave his first born to think about what to do next.
------

Brian made his way through the crowd of people at his home until he stopped in front of Jen. She was staring at the christmas tree and not paying any attention to anything around her.

"Jenna?"

Turning her head towards him she smiled softly. "Hey Brian."

"I owe you an apology."

"For what?"

"Leaving. I'm sorry."

She shook her head. "It's alright."

"No it's not."

"Yes it is. I mean we're friends and to get caught under the mistletoe like that.. I have something for you." She said as she moved to grab a large box wrapped in purple and silver wrapping paper. "Merry Christmas."

Taking the box in his hands Brian ripped off the paper and took off the lid, shocked at what he saw inside. A black leather jacket made out of real italian leather and a matching fedora.

"Holy shit." He mumbled as he took the gifts out of the box. "Th-thank you."

Jen couldn't help but smile. "You're welcome. I didn't have a lot of time to shop but when I saw those I couldn't pass them up. They're so you." She told him as her phone began to ring. Brian watched as she talked for a few minutes before hanging up with a blank stare on her face.

"Jen?"

"They need me on set." She said sadly. "I have to go."

"Now?"

She nodded, avoiding eye contact with him. "They've already scheduled the next flight out."

Brian didn't know what to say. He watched as she quickly hugged him and rushed out the front door without a single word to anyone.
------

Several tears slid down Jen's cheek as she sat at the airport waiting for her flight to be called. Her dad had already said his goodbyes and promised to come see her as soon he could. It was a promise he had always kept to her.

"Flight 1254 to Rome is now boarding at Gate H-17."

Getting up from her chair she grabbed her carry-on and headed for the gate. She handed the woman her boarding pass when she suddenly heard her name.

"JENNA WAIT!"

Turning around she was more than surprised to see Brian making a mad dash for her. "Brian, what are you doing here?" She asked once he got to her.

"Don't go." He said nearly out of breath.

"Brian.. I.."

"I want you to stay."

"I know but I have to go, it's my job."

"What if I gave you a reason to stay?"

Jen looked at him confused before he suddenly kissed her. He pulled back quickly before pulling a box from his pocket.

"Open it."

Licking her lips she took the box in her hands and opened it. Tears filling her eyes as she looked at it.

"Brian.."

It was an 18k white gold charm bracelet with three charms dangling from it. A butterfly, a snowflake, and a key, all in white gold and crusted in diamonds.

"Oh Brian.. it's beautiful.. but it must have cost you a fortune?"

"It did but it was worth every penny. I want you to have it."

"What does the key stand for?" She asked looking up at him.

"It's... it's the key that holds my heart." He paused taking her hands in his. "Jenna I love you."

"You do?"

He nodded with a smile. "I do."

Jen swallowed hard and slowly pulled her hands from his grasp as the final boarding call for her flight was announced over the loud speaker.

Brian's smile faded. "I guess I'm not reason enough for you to stay."

"Brian it's not like that."

"It's alright." He nodded and took a few steps back. "Have a safe flight." He mumbled before turning and walking away.

Jen watched with more tears streaming down her face. "I love you too." She said but it was too late. He was already gone.
------

"You want a drink dude?" Jimmy asked trying to cheer his friend up. It was New Years Eve and Brian had spent the entire night sitting on the couch moping.

"No."

Jimmy sighed and sat down beside him. "I'm sorry man."

Brian shrugged. "It's fine."

Nodding the drummer patted his friend on the back before getting up to answer the door. He smiled brightly and stepped aside to one of his closest friends inside.

"Where is he?"

"On the couch. Take this to him." He said handing over a bottle of Brian's favorite beer.

"Okay."

Taking the beer she made her way to the living room and stopped a few feet from the couch. "Drink this."

Brian got to his feet and brushed passed her but she grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

"Don't fucking touch me." He growled yanking out of her grip.

"Brian.."

"Save it Jenna. Go back to Italy and shoot your stupid movie. We don't want you here."

"Is that really what you want?"

He nodded, never once looking at her. "Yes."

"I dropped out of the movie so I can't go back but that's fine. I'm sure I can find some random bar to get drunk in tonight. Happy fucking New Year."

Pushing him out of her way Jen headed towards the front door with tears steaming down her cheeks.

"Why did you come back?"

She stopped. "I came back for you."

"I don't believe you." He said walking around her before he stopped in front of her. "I mean why should.. you're not blonde anymore." He said finally looking at her.

"I know. I couldn't stand it any longer and.. and I know you didn't like it."

He stared. "Why should my opinion matter? It's your hair."

She sighed. "It matters to me."

"Oh yeah?" He crossed his arms over his chest and looked at her. "Why?"

Taking a tiny step foreword, Jen looked up into his eyes. "Because I love you."

Brian started laughing. "That's a good one."

"It's true and if you would have stuck around instead of letting your ego get in the way you would have heard me say it."

"Why now though? It's been a week. If you really gave a damn you would've stopped me."

Jen shook her head. "I know you Brian. When you're that upset you want to be left alone. If I had gone after you.. I don't know what you would have done."

"I wouldn't have hit you if that's what you're thinking. I could never do that to you." He said softly. "You really didn't have to dye your hair though. I would've gotten used to it."

"You may have but I couldn't. I'm not a blonde, you said that yourself and it's true. It's not me. This." She paused to point at herself. "This is me. Not blonde Jenna Depp, movie actress. Brunette Jenna Depp that wants to do a hundred things. Designing, cooking, drawing but most of all.. I want you. In every way possible. I want to shout from the rooftops that I love you. I want to walk into a room with you and tell everyone that you're my boyfriend. Brian I want a life with you. I want to stand backstage and watch you play. I want to.. I just want you but if you.."

"Wait.." He said putting his hands up to stop her. "You really want all that?"

"I do."

Brian smiled. "Come here."

Jen took a few steps forehead until her toes were touching his. "Yes?"

The younger man placed his hands on her cheeks and looked deep into her eyes. "If you ever leave me again I swear to you I will find you and I'll drag you back kicking and screaming. Got it?" He asked resting his forehead against hers.

Jen bit her bottom lip softly. "I'm not going anywhere unless you go with me."

Smiling wider Brian pulled her close and kissed her deeply. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

"Five - four - three - two - one - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!"

Brian and Jen smiled at each other before they kissed again as the clock struck midnight.

"Happy New Year baby." Brian said once they broke apart.

Jen smiled and reached up to caress his cheek. The charm bracelet dangling from her wrist. "Happy New Year."
---The End---