Status: One-Shot

Beat Me Sweetly

1/1

I fell forward losing my footing. My sunglasses almost fell off but I
quickly pushed them back on.
"Are you okay?" I looked up at the male voice that was speaking to me.
"Uh- uh yeah I'm fine just tripped over my own two feet. " He had sunglasses on too but his blonde hair was showing, sticking out form under his hood.
"I’m Brian and you are?" He asked stepping forward some.
"I’m Sara... Nice to meet you." I smiled as he did. He had white teeth and pretty colored lips.
"So are you from around here?" He asked me a question and I wondered if
it was just because he wanted to keep talking to me.
"Yep, where are you from?" I asked just wanting to hear him talk.
"I won't lie. I'm a southern boy born and raised in Texas. " he hold his hands out palms up.
"That's cool why are you here. All the way in Nashville?" All the way
out here in Nashville on a side walk, were I almost slipped walking out of Starbucks? I thought to myself as I turned on my heel to walk forward Brian walked after me.
"Well, I'm in a band and were playing here in three days. Just wanted
to walk around. Get my head clear, that's all. " He shrugged his shoulders in a cute way.
"I would love to show you around." I commented, looking at him sideways.
"I would love that. " He looped his arm through mine. We walked what felt like every part of Nashville laughing and smiling. I felt like I knew him better now and I liked it.
"So Sara?"
"So Brian?" I liked the way his name felt on my tongue.
"Do you think tomorrow we could do something like this?"
"Sure, you pick where ever you want to go." I smiled standing in front of him.
"Okay then I'll meet you here in front of Starbucks at seven. "
"Okay where are we going I need to know what to wear."
"Lets go to that Build A Bear place in the mall." He smiled like a little boy.
"Okay it's a date." After I said that the thought popped into my mind.
I have a boyfriend.
"Good, goodnight, Sara. " Brian leaned in and kissed my cheek. As soon as he pulled away I saw a red car pull up to where we were standing.
"Sara! Who the hell is this?!" I saw Mike step out of the car and storm towards us. Every spot in my body hurt.
"No one Mike I just met him... I almost fell over and he helped me up. That's all." I counted the steps he took towards me.
"Did you forget about me? I'll make sure you won't ever do it that again." He pulled my arm towards him holding it tight. I could feel his nails dig into my skin and knew there was going to be a bruise.
"Don’t ever talk to her!" He yelled and pointed at Brian. I couldn't even look at his face. Mike pulled me to the car and threw me against the side. My head hit the window and my sunglasses fell off. They fell off and I heard Brian gasp because I knew he saw my black eye. Mike pushed me into the car walked around the other side. My head was pounding and tears dared to fall. Mike pulled away from the street and started towards home. I wished anything would happen so we wouldn't make it.
***
It wasn't like this before. I know he loves me. I guess I shouldn't be saying this when I'm broken on the floor bleeding. I sat up from the floor and looked to the blood on the rug. My lip was busted and there were bruises all over my body. Mike wasn't like this... I still can remember the first time he said he loved me, the first time we kissed, the first time we made love, and the first time we wanted to buy this small house together. I guess that didn't matter to him.
"Sara?" I flinched when I heard my name being called from behind me.
"Y-yes?" Mike came and sat in front of me. I looked up at his green eyes.
"Sara I'm sorry I just got mad. Come here I'll help you clean up in the bathroom. " He helped pick me up for my legs were to weak. We walked to the bathroom and he made me sit on the chair in there. He pulled out the first aid kit.
"Here this will sting a little. " He used alcohol and a cotton ball to clean the cut on my upper lip.
"Owe..." I moaned some from the pain.
"I know baby it hurts, I know. I know...." He was talking to me so sweet and it reminded me why I couldn't go.
"There it's clean and now for the bandage. " He placed a small one over the cut.
"Thank you.." I whispered looking at him. He stood up form kneeling in front of me and held his hand out. I took it and he lead me out.
"Are you tired? Let's go to sleep its been a long night..." I shook my head and we went to bed.
***
It was six a clock and my mind hadn't stopped thinking about Brian.
Mike was gone doing god knows what. I sat up in the bed that felt so cold. My body hurt and I could feel the dry blood matted in my hair and my arms hurt. I stood almost falling over. This always happened after a beating. One time Mike even put me in the hospital. I walked forward and took a shower. I turned the water on making sure it was very hot so it would take some of the pain away. My time was cut short thinking what if Mike came back and saw me leaving. He might try to come with and hurt Brian. I got out and got ready to go. Put makeup on so you
couldn't see the marks left on my face.

I found myself waiting right were be should be. Brian wasn't here yet.
I didn't want him to be here though. I didn't want him to see me like
this.
"Hey..." I turned to face his blue eyes.
"Hi... Um I don't think I should be here..." I turned to walk away but
he grabbed my hand making me flinch. A pain shot through my arm.
"Sara. We need to talk. "
"Okay?" He lead me towards the park across the street. We sat down on
one of the benches.
"What do you want to talk to me about?" I didn't want to look a him I
stared at my hands and traced the lines on my palms.
"Did he hit you last night?" I could hear it he was talking through his
teeth.
"Yes." He put a soft hand on my cheek and turned my face up to his. He
then pulled off my sunglasses setting them down. He wiped the heavy
makeup off my face. His eyes had nothing in them as he looked upon my
face and it's wounds.
"I'll kill him." He dropped his hands making them into fits.
"No Brian it's okay. I'm okay." I tried reassuring him but he just
shook his head.
"Sara I leave tomorrow."
"You do?"
"Yes, I want you to come with me." I looked up at him I couldn't
believe what he was saying.
"You want me to leave and come with you?"
"Yes," He turned and put both hands on my arms. "Sara with me you can
be safe. I'll keep you safe. He won't even know where you are." Brian
moved his hands down to my wrist.
"Owww that hurts." He looked at me and let go.
"Take your jacket off." He told me to do so in a low voice. I pulled
the zipper down. I took my one arm out and he gasped.
"Sara he did this to you didn't he?" I didn't want to answer. I saw
what he did the fingers that had been pushed onto me left purple
imprints.
"Didn’t HE!!!" Brian raised his voice and I flinched back. Tears I held
in for so long came rushing out.
"Yes! He did!" I cried out and put my hands over my tear stung eyes.
"Sara why have you stayed? Why didn't you try and run away?" I looked
up at him.
"Because! It's harder then you think!! I've tried but I didn't go
because what if he changes and he loves me again!?" I was yelling at
him.
"Sara he hurts you! He doesn't love you!!! I do! I would keep you safe
and you would be happy! I could give you anything you ever wanted....
Please Sara let me save you." I stood up form him.
"I stay for all the times he is good to me. " I turned on my heels and
left him behind. Wiping tears form my eyes. If this was the right
thing to go back to Mike why did it feel so wrong.

I walked into a dark house. Was he even home yet? As I took a step my
foot hit something. I leaned down to pick it up. It was a black heel.
I keep taking little steps forward to find a new pieces of clothing.
I heard a girls laugh coming from the bedroom door. I pushed the door
opened. Mike had his mouth all over some fake blonde headed bitch.
"What the HELL!?" Mike looked up at me.
"Oh Sara? Your back."
"Mikey who's that?" She spoke up and her voice was hoarse.
"Who the hell are you!? Bitch I know you don't think you’re about to
come up into my house like this.." I was raising my voice and getting
a little closer.
"Mikey.. She scaring me. Who is that? Who is she?" She did look
scared and I was happy for it.
"Yeah 'Mikey' tell her who I am. You know what I will. Hoe I'm his
girlfriend! And this is my house! So why don't you take your skinny
ass out before I beat you so hard you'll forget what your last name
is!!!" I pointed to the door as she moved from under Mike about to
step out.
"Sara I don't want you any way so why don't you just go?!" He pulled
the fake blonde back into him.
"You know what fine! I hope you beat her like a dog!! Just like you
did me! And don't think for two seconds the cops won't be taking your
ass to jail! Bitch I'm done with you!" He stood up like he was going
to hurt me. I won't let him do that. I pushed the dresser on the wall
over making everything brake. I turned on my heel and ran out. I
heard him calling my name but I didn't dare turn around.

I went to Karina's house the only place I could go now. It started to
rain by the time I walked up to her front door. In my mind it was raining for me alone.
I knocked on her red door.
"Coming!!!" I heard her high voice coming from behind the door. The
door opened and I saw Karina's happy face turn into a sad look.
"Sara why the hell are you standing in the rain? Come inside." She let
me in and I jumped into her arms. She didn't care that her clothes
were getting wet from holding me this tight she just knew I needed her.

….The next day....
"Okay Sara do you know how big Texas is!? We will never able to find
him!!" Karina looked around the big airport. We both looked like
famous people in our big sunglasses and fancy coats and matching
gloves. Three people even looked at us twice to make sure we weren't
some one famous. Karina and I had jumped on the next plane going from
Nashville to Texas. I needed to tell Brian he was right and I wanted
to be with him. Karina was such a great friend. She jumped into this
with me on such sort time. I had no idea where to start even looking
for Brian.
"Where do we go?" She asked stumping her foot.
"I have no idea."

….Three days later....
Three fucking days in Texas looking for Brian. And he was no where to
be found. He told me were he lived and his favorite places to go but he
wasn't there. I sat back in the plane seat. I was alone Karina could
only find tickets for two seats that were no where near each other. I
had my Ray-Bans on the same ones Karina was wearing now too. We both
couldn't not buy something. I laughed at myself thinking how we were
all intent on finding Brian! But then let's buy sunglasses! My
hair feel forward as I looked out the window. We had to go but I still
felt like I was missing something.
"This was a waste of time." I leaned back and said it out loud.
"What was a waste?" The guy next to me who I hadn't seen sat down
asked. I didn't even want to look at him. I didn't really care for
small talk.
"Nothing long story." I said it in a smart ass type way but I didn't give
a shit.
"Well, I'm going to look for someone and I have no idea where to
start. " Why was he still talking to me. I turned to face him and tell
him to shut the fuck up.
"Look I don’t give a damn.." He reached his hand up and pulled my
sunglasses off. I slapped his had away hard to leave a mark.
"Why the HELL-"
"Sara?! I found you thank god!" He pulled off his sunglasses and
behind them were the blue eyes I was looking for.
"Brian!?? I was looking for you and now you're here!" I jumped forward
and hugged him tight.
"I’m so happy I found you. You were right and I want to come with you.
I left Mike it's over between us. And I want to be with you." I said
it with happy tears running down my face. My heart was warm and I
couldn't stop smiling. The feeling of having him in my arms was so
strong I forgot to breath.
"Sara I came looking for you too... And I want to be with you too." I
pulled back and he put his forehead on mine and both hands on my face.
I looked up him and we both laughed. He leaned forward and kissed me. I
felt his lips work on mine, I felt the world stop and shake under my
feet, stars got brighter and clouds got whiter. I finally had that one
person I knew wasn't going to ever hurt me. And I was thankful. Brian
pulled back and put his forehead on mine.
"Sara I'll never hurt you. I swear."
"Okay I've always trusted you."
It was the first time I said that and it felt right and I felt safe in
the arms holding me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it, Sara!!! (: