Status: Work in Progress. Comment for more!

Barefoot Angels

Bad-Assity At It's Worst.

They did go home, upon Ellie’s request, forgetting completely about her errand that drove her out of the house in the first place. Ellie was too angry to think about anything important at the moment. She was still boiling on the inside from the run-in with ‘Jonah’, although she was trying her best to forget it.

Jonah Jackson. What the hell kind of a name was that? The alliteration in his name almost made Ellie sick again. It was like the typical bad boy, troublemaker kind of name, the kind that was meant to make people shudder at the sound, but for Ellie, it was just nauseatingly cliché. And it didn’t help that the boy with the name was even worse.

“Ellie?”

Ellie looked up from where she was busy swirling her cup of tea around to see Tim staring at her, one eyebrow raised questioningly.

“El, are you still stewing about that motorcycle kid?” He asked, knowing full well that when Ellie became angry, she held on to that anger for as long as possible.

Ellie shrugged. “No, not exactly...”

“Oh, yes, exactly,” Tim laughed, rolling his eyes. “Ellie, let it go. He was probably just some stupid out-of-towner who hasn’t had the best in the parenting department – and you’ll never see him again. Leave it alone already, will you?

She sighed; a little bit embarrassed by the fact that Tim caught on to her so easily, and leaned the kitchen table chair back on its two legs. “I know...but he bugged me for some reason.”

“Yeah, bro, I can see that!”

“I mean more than normal. People like that shouldn’t be allowed in Cedar Beach.”

Tim almost laughed, but held it back when Ellie shot a glare at him. “You’re worried that this...
delinquent is going to infiltrate Cedar Beach with his self-proclaimed bad-assity? Well, how are we going to keep ‘people like that’ out, I wonder? How about some pat-downs, TSA style, to see if they’ve got any cheap cigarettes or brown-bagged beers on ‘em? Oh, and, of course, the ones with the Nirvana t-shirts and wife-beaters will just have to go. Hows that for a stereotype? Think that'll work?”

Ellie reached across the table to give him a light smack on the arm, though not without a slight smile. “I’m serious, Timmy! If he stays around, he’ll ruin my summer.”

“Now, El, we both know that’s not true: not when you have the best friend in the world right here at your fingertips. You’re just being melodramatic, probably because you’ve thrown up most of what you had for a brain.”

She made a horrified face. “That’s disgusting!”

“Yeah, well, you’re the one puking your insides out, so...”

“I am not,” She protested, grinning. “I’ll be fine. I just...need a little rest, that’s all.”

“That, and a hairdresser.”

Ellie rolled her eyes and stood, and so did he. “Tim, if you’re going to insult me while I am sick, I’m tired of your company.”

“Alright, alright,” He sighed, giving her a small hug. “I can take a hint. Just call me if it gets worse, okay? Like if things that are normally inside of you mysteriously start show up on the outside.”

“You’re so gross! Get out!” With a small shove, Ellie sent Tim out onto her doorstep, closing the door behind him.

“Yes, but it’s adorable!” Tim shouted, from behind the door, and Ellie rolled her eyes and slowly made her way back up the stairs and into her room.

She collapsed onto her bed, and would have fallen asleep right then and there, if Jonah Jackson hadn’t been on her mind. Why couldn’t she stop thinking about him? She hated that boy – she hated his name, she hated his attitude, and she hated the way he’d treated her. So why in the world couldn’t she forget about him?
♠ ♠ ♠
haha. well. long time, no update. whatever. not sure about this story, but i'll keep it going just for the hell of it. and thanks to my two subscribers. <3 not much, but its a start!