Elegantly Bound

I'll Never Get Engaged With A Mood Ring

When Aerie Johnson was young she would watch her parents dance in their living room to songs that they had grown up listening to. Aerie would always hide at the top of the stairs and against a wall where she knew she would be hidden in darkness. Her curious blue eyes would watch them as the couple swayed back and forth in a loving fashion.

Aerie had made it a habbit when she was young to crawl out of bed late at night and go watch them dance in the living room. Her father would always make a comment on the song that had been playing softly in the background and her mother would giggle and remember some memory of the song. Then at some point during the night Aerie would drift off into a slumber and her father would climb up the stairs to put her back into bed.

For some reason, that was the first thing that came to Aerie's mind when she had been asked the question.

"Aerie?" He asked with concern in his voice. "Do you have an answer?"

Aerie looked down at John; he was down on one knee watching her. She licked her lips as she thought about her answer. The two had been dating for two years and Aerie believed that no one had known her better than John had. So a light smile played at Aerie's pink lips as she said:

"Yes, John I will marry you."

John smiled as he slipped the beautiful diamond ring on to Aerie's slim finger. He pulled her into his arms and kissed her. They placed their foreheads against each others and looked into one another's eyes.

"I love you,"

"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title credit; Without You - Brighten.

I've noticed a lot of people have been getting engaged lately and that's pretty much what sparked my idea for this story. I thought you might like to know that fun little fact. :)

Comments?