Elegantly Bound

Yesterday, All My Troubles Seemed So Far Away

Garrett made his way over to the red headed girl who was standing near a group of girls. They were talking in hushed tones and one of the girls smiled when they saw Garrett. The red headed girl turned around and Garrett had to catch his breath because it was taken away by her beauty.

"Hello," One of the girls said. She had a smirk on her face. "Can we help you?"

"I- I," Garrett stuttered; a habit he had caught from Pat. Stuttering was like a disease for Garrett, he never did it before meeting Pat. "I was wondering if you would like to dance?" He said looking at the red head.

The girl raised her eye brows at the boy before turning to her friends. They nodded their heads and the girl smiled at Garrett. "Sure."

A smile spread across Garrett's face as he held out his hand to the girl, "Shall we?"

"We shall," She smiled as she placed her small hand into his larger one. The two made their way over to the small dance floor and began to slowly sway to the soft song that was playing in the background. "So what's your name?"

"Garrett," He said with a smile; proud of his name. "And your's?"

"Lily,"

"That's a pretty name," Garrett said as he heard Aerie's voice exclaim 'Pat'. His blue eyes looked in the direction of the voice and saw Pat holding a camera. Garrett chuckled to himself.

"What?" Lily asked with confusion.

"Oh nothing," Garrett said shaking his head. "My friend is taking a ton of pictures of Aerie and John, that's all."

"You know the couple?" She questioned with surprise.

Garrett raised his eye brows. "Yes, I wouldn't be here if I didn't."

Lily laughed at herself. "Right, sorry."

"It's fine," Garrett replied.

Across the room, Aerie was miserable as she watched John's other band mates laughing at Conner's jokes and stories. She was trying to strangle him with her wide blue eyes, but it wasn't working. Beside her, she heard John laugh.

"Don't hurt your self staring now," He said. Aerie glared up at him and John stuck his hands up. "Sorry."

She shook her head, "Why is he here?"

"No clue,"

"Conner isn't supposed to be here," Aerie said before taking a large amount of punch.

"Conner Ellsworth?" Aerie heard Sandy, her mother, say. She turned to look at the middle aged woman and nodded her head. "What is he doing here?" The woman fumed.

Aerie's mother set her drink down on the punch table and stormed off into the other direction towards Aerie's father, Danny. Sandy was calmly talking with her husband and Aerie watched as he saw her father's face turn a shade of pink. He was angry.

"Oh God," John said noticing Danny's angered face. "I'm gonna go find my parents..." The tall boy then stalked off to find his parents. Aerie sighed as she made her way to her own parents.

"... I can't believe that bastard is here," Danny said glaring in the direction of Conner Ellsworth.

"Daniel," Sandy said. "Calm down. We should just go up to him and nicely-"

Aerie shook her head, "Don't bother."

"What?" Sandy and Danny asked in confusion.

"Just let him be," She said. "I want this to be a happy occasion and if he's here, I want him to see how happy I am with John. Not how miserable I am to see him here."

Her parents looked at each other for a moment before looking back at their only daughter. They then smiled and Sandy placed a hand on her daughter's cheek and stroked her skin with her thumb.

"If that's what you want," She started. "Then that's fine with us."

Aerie smiled as she leaned into give her parents a hug and kiss on the cheek. She then excused herself to walk over to John's band mates and Conner. Jared was in the middle of telling a story that she had heard a million times. She listened to the story politely and laughed when it was over with the rest of the males.

"Conner," She said. "Would you like something to drink?"

The red head looked taken back by her question, but nodded his head with his infamous grin. "Please."

The blond nodded her head before making her way back over to the punch table. She bit on her bottom lip hard. Why was she being nice to the person who broke her heart?
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title; Yesterday - The Beatles

Yeah, this sucks compared to what Katelyn wrote in the last chapter..