Elegantly Bound

Creepshow

Aerie scanned the isle of baking utensils; trying to decide what she liked and needed. Her eyes landed on a cookie jar and she smiled. Carefully, Aerie picked up the round lady-bug cookie jar and examined it. Her thoughts began to wonder to the future. Aerie could see her future children digging their small hands into the body of the lady bug to retrieve a home made cookie.

"You always had a thing for lady-bugs," Aerie looked up at the sound of the voice and felt her face flush. Recalling the dream she had the previous evening and her face reddened even more.

"What do you want, Conner?" She asked, trying to think of something else to help her face go back to a natural color.

The red head shrugged. "I was walking around and I saw you, I thought I'd say hello."

"Hello," she said in an unenthusiastic tone.

"You should buy that," Conner pointed at the jar in her hands. "I know you'll regret it if you don't."

She started at him for a moment before placing the cookie jar in the red cart. The past lovers stood in silence for another moment before Conner spoke again.

"Where's the fiance?"

"Working," Aerie replied. Actually, John was probably sleeping off a hang over, but Aerie wouldn't admit that to Conner. He would probably judge John wrongly.

"Oh," Conner said.

"Yeah." Aerie sighed before running her hands through her hair. "Well, I better get going. I have to meet up with the wedding planner in about an hour."

Conner nodded his head. "I'll let you get going then."

"Mhm," She nodded her head. "Bye Conner."

"Good-bye Aerie." He said. "It was nice seeing you again."

"Uh-huh," Aerie pushed her cart towards the front of the store and went to the check out to buy the lady-bug cookie jar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Creepshow by Austin Gibbs

Well, it's about time I updated! HA!