Status: Complete

Love Tricked Me

Help

I stood there and watched my fathers face fall.

"Will you come help me pack?" I asked, turning to John.

He tore his eyes away from my disappointed dads face and nodded at me. We walked upstairs hand in hand leaving Eric and my dad by the door.

I hesitated when John pulled me towards my bedroom.

"You're fine, baby. I promise." He soothed.

I looked into his eyes and saw despair. I knew how upset he was to learn about all the horrible things that had been done to me, but I had no idea he was this upset. I knew that the only thing that would make him feel right again would be gaining my complete trust. Little did he know, I gave it to him a long time ago.

"Okay." I said simply as I followed him into my bedroom.

I took a look around and shuddered at the sight of my bed.

John let go of my hand and put his arm around me.

"It's gonna be okay." He said more to himself than to me as he too looked around the room where I had been previously mistreated.

He kissed my forehead before stepping away from me and crouching down and reaching under my bed to pull out my suitcase.

"Louis Vuitton, Kay?" He smirked as he looked at the designer luggage.

"I didn't have anything else to spend my money on." I chuckled as I collected my belongings and shoved them into the bag.

"What about all your fancy clothes?" He joked.

"All my clothes are from the same brand," I started "clearance."

He laughed and helped me pack my things.

"What the hell was that?" I heard as the door slammed open.

I jumped and clutched Johns arm, as I was extremely nervous these days.

"Dude!" John scolded.

"No! He comes to help you, and pulls strings because he loves you and you just treat him like shit, you little brat?" Eric belted out.

His rude tone and angry demeanor caught me off guard. I immediately loosened my grip on John and went back to packing my clothes. This time 'packing' was more like shoving everything I could fit into the overstuffed suitcase as fast as I could. I refused to argue with my brother at the moment about something so ridiculous.

I zipped my suitcase shut and heaved it onto the ground as Eric and John argued about me.

John sent a glare to his best friend as he carried my bag out of the room and down the stairs. I followed him and opened the door to see my father smoking a cigarette on my front lawn. I rolled my eyes and ignored him as I slid into Johns car. He put my suitcase in the trunk and slammed it shut after giving my dad a polite nod.

He started the car and pulled away from my house.

"Can we go to McDonalds?" I asked timidly.

"Yeah, of course." He smiled back.

I hung my head and fiddled with the hair tie on my wrist.

"Do you think I was wrong?" I asked suddenly, looking over at him.

"About your dad?"

"Yeah."

He paused for a second, as if choosing his words very carefully. That was something I'd always admired about him. He never talked just to hear the sound of his own voice, he made sure his words held meaning.

"Do you remember that night or morning I guess, after our first fight?" He asked, referring to when he took me to the desert.

"Yes." I smiled, thinking about the memory.

"That was the first time I ever saw you cry." He began "I hated it. And he was the reason for those tears. I used to think your dad was awesome, but when he left you guys I just lost all respect for him. What he did wasn't right, but he's always gonna be your dad. You don't have to be his best friend, but eventually you should talk to him. Not that you don't know that already. He's important to you, Kay. When you make up I won't have to worry about kicking his ass for making you cry."

I just stayed silent for a moment and looked out the window.

"You couldn't kick his ass." I chuckled softly.

He feigned surprise at my statement and it made me laugh for the first time all day.

"Well, you wouldn't." I corrected myself.

"You're right. He'd taze me then throw me in jail."

"No he wouldn't!" I laughed. "I wouldn't let him, baby."

"Good to know."

John

We picked up some burgers in the drive-thru and drove back to my place. Kimmy started eating the minute the bag was placed in her hands, but she didn't touch the fries because she couldn't eat those without ketchup.

Yeah, in the eight months we were a couple in high school we learned enough about each other to fill books.

When we walked into my apartment I placed her suitcase in my room and walked out to the living room where she had turned the tv on. She was sitting on the couch with her fries and ketchup on a paper plate. I sat down next to her and pulled my food out of the bag.

"What are we watching?" I asked before taking a bite of my burger.

"Law and Order SVU." She answered in a monotone as she looked at the screen.

I noticed that the episode was about a girl who had been raped by her boss or something.

"Can I turn it?" I asked.

"What makes guys think that they can just- just do that?!" She cried as she never broke her stare with the television.

I just stayed silent and observed her.

"They just think that since they're bigger than you that they have more power! Well they don't! It isn't fair." She exclaimed, mumbling the last part.

"Kimmy, maybe you should see someone." I suggested.

"I don't need a therapist, John. I'm not crazy." She spat as she ate more french fries.

"I didn't say that, but Kimmy come on. What you went through was just awful. You need someone to talk to." I explained softly.

She just looked down at her lap, which meant she knew I was right. I watched her contemplate with herself for a little while longer until she sighed and looked me in the eyes.

"Okay, I'll get help."
♠ ♠ ♠
FILLER!
Sorry:(

Thanks so much to Whilethefirewasout, ClaudiaBiedles, lovwthpeace19, somebody_who_cares, CheyenneBLG, therandaset, and liar's lane. For commenting!

Comment and subscribe!