Status: Complete

Love Tricked Me

Questions

I sat on the black leather couch in the waiting room with my legs crossed. My knee bounced nervously until a large hand stopped it.

"Relax. My mom said she's really good at this type of stuff." He said.

With Johns mother being a social worker, she knew one of the best womens counselors in town. When I told her what happened and asked if she knew anybody that I could see, she immediately called this woman and two weeks later here I am.

My eyes shifted around the waiting room while I was sitting. John was casually reading a magazine, a middle aged woman was on her phone, and the receptionist was typing something on the computer.

A tall blonde woman walked out from one of the doors and walked up to me.

"Kimberly?" She asked.

I looked up at her and smiled as I nodded my head.

"You can come back to my office whenever you're ready." She smiled.

I was about to get up when John touched my hand softly.

"Hey, I have to go somewhere really quick but I'll be back to pick you up." He informed me.

"Okay." I said as I gave him a quick peck on the lips. "I love you."

"Love you too." He grinned.

I stood up and smoothed my skirt before walking up to the large wooden door. I twisted to door knob and stepped inside the pretty office. There were family photos and a large window with a great view.

"Hi Kimberly, it's nice to meet you. I'm Doctor Harris, but you can call me Cindy." She said as she shook my hand.

"I'm Kimmy." I replied. "Nice to meet you too."

"So why don't you sit down and give me a little background on yourself?" She suggested as she motioned to the large chair behind me.

I slid my purse off my shoulder and onto the floor as I started to talk about myself.

First I told her about my childhood and what my life was like growing up. I mentioned my close relationship with my brother and father when I was little. I told her lots of stories and I won't lie, she asked some extremely personal questions, but then I got to my teen years. I told her of my attitude towards dating and love until John finally got me to open up to him.

"So you two have been together since you were seventeen?" She asked.

"No, we um, took a break I guess." I started "On the night of our prom I found out that my brother asked him to ask me out and so I got upset and left Tempe for Tuscon."

"Why Tuscon?"

"I had family there." I responded.

"When did you move back here?" She asked.

"Um, I haven't officially. I'm still in the moving process and I have to sublet my apartment first."

"When did you and John get back together?"

"Almost a month ago." I told her as a smile crept up on my face.

She smiled when she saw my lovestruck grin. "You're smitten with him, aren't you?"

"Completely." I chuckled.

"Carol speaks very highly of you. She says you're really great for him." She said, referring to Johns mom.

"He's... The only one for me." I shrugged simply.

"How did he take the news about you when he found out? I heard he walked in on it."

"He got really angry at the guy, then he cried with me."

"I suspect that he probably felt very guilty that he couldn't help you. Maybe some broken trust as well?"

Thinking about that day again made me squirm in my seat. I'd never seen John cry before. Not even when his dog died. The fact that he cried as hard as he did for me, made me realize just how much he loves me.

"Yeah..." I mumbled. "But I think he's feeling better now that we've talked about it."

"That's great." She nodded. "Now can you tell me about why you're here?"

I sucked in a deep breath and spilled out every detail. I avoided making eye contact with her throughout my whole speech.

"You know that you don't have to feel ashamed, right? You did what any person would have done in your situation." She tried to reason.

"I know. But I still feel like I let everybody down."

John

I walked out of the doctors office and got into my car. Her appointment was only going to be about an hour long so I had to do this quickly.

Ever since that awful day I'd been thinking of ways to make Kimmy feel better. I thought of maybe taking her on a vacation or buying her something nice, but none of those things seemed good enough for her. I had to do the perfect thing to get us back on track and I knew exactly what it was.

There was no one in the world that I care about more than her. There wasn't anyone I would rather be with at any given moment of the day. She was all I thought about for four years and if that didn't say true love then I didn't even know what it was.

I love everything about her. All of her little quirks were so painfully adorable to me. Her blunt attitude was refreshing in the world of fakes that I'm usually surrounded with. Her ability to memorize all the words to a song after only listening to it a couple times. How she gets so frustrated with her computer at times that she stomps her feet on the ground and makes whining noises just like a little kid. How she never takes herself too seriously. Her extreme manners. Those big brown eyes.

Even though it scared the shit out of me, this just felt right for some reason.

I got out of my car and walked into the small store. I went up to the counter and looked at all of the expensive items in the glass cases.

"Hi, is there anything I can help you with today?" A saleswoman asked.

"I need an engagement ring."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooh snap! John's gonna pop the question soon.
Kinda weird, huh? They've only been back together for a month

Thanks so much to Therandaset, whilethefirewasout, sowrongit'smelissa, ClaudiaBiedles, liar's lane., berryobsession, somebody_who_cares for commenting! I love you all!!

Please comment and subscribe! I hate when I lose subscribers:(