Status: Complete

Love Tricked Me

Vows

"You look beautiful, honey." My mom smiled as tears welled in her eyes.

I looked again at my reflection in the mirror. My dress laced up in the back like a corset with a long puffy bottom stopped just above my feet after a ton of hemming. My hair was in big curls and framed my face perfectly. My make up accentuated my brown eyes and my pale pink lips held the perfect pout. I looked great.

"Thanks mom." I smiled back. "Can you help me put my veil on?"

"Of course, sweetie." She grinned. "I can't believe you're getting married today."

"I know." I said as I sat down on a chair so my mom could fix my veil. "I'm so nervous."

"Kimmy Halvorsen, soon-to-be O'Callaghan, did I just hear you say that you were nervous?" Lauren shrieked from across the room.

"I just- what if he's getting cold feet? What if he met some girl when I was away that secretly stole his heart and he didn't realize until just today? Or what if-"

"Kimberly!" My mom interrupted.

Lauren made her way over to me with her camera and snapped a picture of me.

"Look at this picture," she ordered as she handed me the camera, "who wouldn't want to be married to that girl?"

I looked at the little screen and smiled. "Thanks, Laur."

"There." My mom said as she finished with my veil.

"Thank you, mom." I smiled, before wrapping my arms around her. "I love you."

"I love you too, sweetie. I'm so proud of you." She told me. "Now, get out of here and take some pictures before I cry."

I laughed and walked over to my bridesmaids and posed for some fun pictures.

John

I stood in the dressing room of the church in my tux, nervously pulling at my tie. I ran my hand through my hair and paced around.

"Dude, chill out." Eric said with a chuckle.

"Have you heard anything from her? She didn't walk out or anything, right?" I asked nervously.

"She isn't going to walk out, bro." My brother Seth said, giving me a pat on the back.

"I just- I'm going freaking crazy! This is nerve racking shit." I rationalized.

I looked at my watch and saw that the ceremony was beginning soon.

"I know, I'm married. And by the way dude," he said leaning in, "the honeymoon is gonna be off the hook."

I blushed at the thought of what my soon-to-be wife and I would be doing later tonight.

"It's time!" Eric called out.

My heart started beating faster as I walked to the door. I walked down the isle alone and stood there waiting. I looked around at everyone there to keep my mind off my nerves. I saw the whole band sitting in the second row, giving me thumbs up and stupid looks. Pat was holding Nina, who was dressed up and smiling. My parents were in the front row sitting with Kimmy's mom. I couldn't believe how happy everybody looked.

Then the music started and all the guys walked in with their bridesmaids. Tim and Lauren, Eric and his cousin Allison, and My brother Seth with his wife. Once they all got into their places, my niece Lila pranced down the isle sprinkling flower petals everywhere.

Then the piano started playing that song and everyone stood up. My breathing hitched as I saw her turn the corner. Everything around me melted away and we were the only two people in the world. She grinned as she walked down the isle with her arm linked with her dads. We just smiled like idiots at each other as butterflies filled our stomachs.

Finally, she faced me and I took in how amazingly beautiful she looked. Wow, a girl like this actually loves me? Holy shit I'm a lucky man.

"Hey." She whispered.

"Hey." I replied with a grin as I took her hands in mine.

I lifted the veil away from her gorgeous face as she stared up at me.

The preacher began talking and saying stuff, but all I could do was look at Kimmy.

"The couple decided that it would be more fitting to write their own vows, so I'll let John take it from here." He finally announced.

Quentin walked up to me with two wedding bands on a pillow, I took one and started to speak.

"Kimmy, in high school you were the pretty girl that everyone loved. Everything was more fun when you were around and even when you weren't, we'd be quoting you on a funny joke or something. You make everything better when you're around. You're kind, understanding, funny, and beautiful. And those aren't even your best qualities. You show me love and understanding when I'm not even close to deserving it. You're the only girl that could put up with all the stupid stuff I do. You said yes to my proposal in soaking wet clothes, after we almost got eaten by coyotes in the desert, and even after I forgot the words. Because you love me. All these people have been saying that today will be the happiest day of my life, but we both know that isn't true because each day we spend together is only going to make me happier. I need to be with you for the rest of my life. You're my unus amor."

Kimmy

Tears welled up in my eyes after Johns vows. He took my hand and slid the silver band on my finger.

I let out a deep breath and looked up into Johns eyes.

"John, I was a cynical girl whose last priority was falling in love but you changed that. Even when I blew you off, you never gave up. You were so determined to get me and you won my heart instantly. I fell in love with the way you flick your nose when you get nervous and the way you underestimate how amazing you are. We both know that we're far from a normal couple, but as long as we have each other we'll be perfect. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you, unus amor."

And with that, I slid his wedding band on his long finger and smiled up at him.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. John, you may kiss the bride." The preacher announced.

He grinned and bent down and attached our lips. His hand found their way around my waist and mine wrapped around his neck. We were lost in each other as everybody stood up and cheered.

"For the first time, I introduce to you, Mr and Mrs John O'Callaghan!"

The applause got louder and we finally pulled away from our passionate lip lock.

We walked hand in hand down the isle with smiles on our faces and jumped into the limo that was waiting outside for us. Instead of fastening my seatbelt I adjusted my puffy dress and straddled John. The car started moving and I made sure that the driver couldn't see us.

I kissed his face all over as his hands roamed my body freely.

"I. Love. You. So. Much." I whispered between kisses.

"I love you. You're so fucking beautiful, Mrs. O'Callaghan." He replied.

His hands ran all over my body as I kissed down his neck. I got to his sweet spot and started to suck it eliciting moans from him. I ran my tongue across the skin and nipped at it slightly with my front teeth.

"Oh shit, baby. I want you so bad." He moaned and let his grip rest on my bottom. He squeezed my ass and I squealed against his skin.

I ran my fingers through his hair and started grinding my hips into his, unconsciously showing him my want.

"Baby, stop." He breathed.

I furrowed my eyebrows and pulled away. I gave him a confused look and he chuckled.

"I don't want to walk into the reception with a boner." He laughed as he pushed some hair out of my face.

"Fair enough." I shrugged, taking a seat next to him and draping my legs across his lap.

He started stroking my legs and I leaned up and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. "You have no idea how much I love you."

"You have no idea how lucky I am that you love me." He exclaimed. "You just vowed to spend the rest of your life with me. Me. I'm the guy you want to be with forever."

"It's because you and I were meant to be. There's nothing in the world that could tear us apart. We're gonna be together forever because love tricked me."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm thinking this is the last chapter, but for some reason this doesn't feel like a good ending so I might do an epilogue.

Thanks so much to Sowrongit'smelissa, berryobsession, liar's lane., lovwthpeace19, whilethefirewasout, ingridkusterbeck, therandaset, SpinningInCircles, fallen_dust, somewhereclosebehind, GaskarthBabeey, SweetPea, somebody_who_cares, and FantasticPosingGreed for the comments!! You're awesome!

Comment and subscribe!