Status: Complete

Love Tricked Me

Fight

"Kimmy, wait!" I heard Tim yell as I walked out of the house.

I shook my head and got into Erics car. The dumbass always leaves the keys in the ignition.

I turned the key and heard a sputtering sound that died out. I looked to the driveway and saw Tim smirking.

I tried a few more times to start the car but failed. I cursed under my breath and banged my forehead against the steering wheel.

I got out of the car with my purse and slammed the door.

"Piece of shit." I mumbled.

I started walking down the driveway and reached into my purse to pull out my phone. I sat on the sidewalk and dialed the number for a taxi. Right as I pressed 'send' my phone chimed and went dark.

"You've got to be shitting me!" I hissed. I heard footsteps coming towards me.

"Not your night, huh?" He asked.

"No." I mumbled in response.

"Please just talk to him. I'll do anything." He begged placing his hands together in a praying fashion.

"I'm not letting you guys ruin my Christmas." I argued.

"Fine." He sighed. "But he wanted me to give you this." He said as he handed me a little slip of paper. I took it and he got up and walked back inside.

I unfolded the slip and my eyes started to water.

One Stop To The Silent Treatment

John


I walked down the stairs to see Eric and Tim staring at the front door, that I assumed Kimmy had just walked out of.

"Did she leave because of me?" I asked.

"No, she thought we set her up." Eric replied with a frown.

"Sorry." I said.

"It's not your fault, dude." Tim told me. "I'm gonna go talk to her."

"Wait!" I called as I stepped towards him. "Take this." I said as I fished the slip of paper out of my pocket.

He nodded and put the paper into his pocket.

I smiled to myself thinking of the day she gave me that coupon book.

I carried it in my wallet since she left me, in hopes that I'd run into her somewhere. It was pretty stupid to think that that could fix things, but knowing Kay it'd be a great start.

I sat down on the couch and rested my elbows on my knees. I kept my head focused on the floor and suddenly I heard the door open. My head snapped up to see who it was but it was only Tim.

I looked back down at my spot on the floor and ran a hand through my hair.

Then the door shot open and slammed. I knew who it was without even looking. I stood up and turned to face her.

Her eyes were watery and her lip was quivering. Just like the first time I saw her cry.

"Could you two leave, please?" She asked Eric and Tim in a strained voice.

"But it's my-" Tim whined

"Come on." Eric interrupted.

They walked upstairs and left her and I there just staring at each other.

"Look, I don't care what you say or do. I don't want to hear the whole story and I don't want to get back together with you. You ruined my senior year, you-"

"You chose to move away." I defended.

"Yeah because how much fun would it have been being gossiped about 24/7?" She cried.

I just stayed silent.

"Exactly." She spat.

"I was going to tell you that night, I swear."

"Well you didn't. I had to hear it from Caroline in the bathroom." She cried.

"I'm sorry."

"I gave you everything and you couldn't just be honest with me?"

"I was afraid to tell you. I thought you would hate me." I confessed.

"Rightly so." She mumbled.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. What else do you want?"

"You haven't changed."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, frustrated as hell.

"It means that you're the same exact way you were four years ago."

"I wish I could say the same for you." I argued.

"I'm sorry?" She laughed bitterly.

"You used to be sweet and kind but now you're this stuck up bitch who thinks she's better than everyone else. Weren't you the one who said you would never buy a designer purse?" I asked, nodding to the purse she was holding.

She didn't say anything. She just looked down.

"You don't know anything." She finally told me quietly.

"I know a lot more than you think. You gave up Latin, you dropped out of college, you never visit Quentin." I listed.

She looked up at me with hurt eyes and I immediately wanted to take back everything I had just said and take her into my arms. Tears started streaming down her face and she couldn't speak. She tried wiping them away but they just kept coming.

"I'm so sorry, K-" I started.

She shook her head and stepped back.

"I d-don't know why I ever loved you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Awesome comment! Thanks to Koolaidlover101, JessickerrxMassacre, Fortune's Fool, Whilethefirewasout, Therandaset, WillBeTheGreatest, Berryobsession, ClaudiaBiedles, Lovwthepeace19! You guys rock!

Kimmy's outfit- http://bit.ly/dXh7iY
By the way, do you still feel bad for John?