Status: slow, but active(:

Dance The Night Away

First Sighting

~Morgan's POV~

I stood in front of the mirror that hung on the back of my closet door. I stared long and hard at my reflection. I tilted my head to the side to try and view myself from a different angle. I looked myself up and down, taking in every single detail. I noticed that my white and black dress rested at the top of my knees, my boobs were just big enough to hold my strapless dress up, my tights didn't bunch up in certain places, my flats weren't dirty, and my hair was perfectly curled.

Now, for my make up.

I didn't usually wear much. Some days, I would go with none at all. But for now, I would settle for eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss.

I looked great. I just didn't feel great.

I sighed and sat down at my vanity. I stared at myself in the mirror. I looked happy, but I wasn't. I could honestly hear his voice talking to me.

"How can you be so happy?" He would ask. "I'm gone, and you're happy! Did I mean nothing to you? Is that it?"

My eyes began to water. How could I do this? I can't. He meant so much to me. Doing this would be like turning my back on him. I would never do that.

"But you have to. If not for yourself, then for Zach. Are you gonna let him down?" Another voice would whisper.

I stood up. "I know. I know.." I looked back into the mirror. "I have to live."

The doorbell rang, and I ran downstairs.

Zach stood outside, leaning against the door frame. "Hey, Mor-whoa. Morgan, you look beautiful."

I blushed, "Thanks. You don't look so bad yourself."

"Um, I got you this corsage.." He lifted his right hand, and there he held a corsage with a red rose and black and white ribbons.

"Zach, it matches my dress perfectly." I held out my wrist, and watched in awe as he lapsed it on. "I really don't know what to say.."

"You don't have to say anything. It's the least I can do for you since you agreed to be my date. Now, let's go, I have some people I want you to meet."

~~~~

Walking into the gym, the nervousness started to kick in. I melted into Zach's side and stared at the ground.

"Morgan?"

"Yeah?" I squeaked.

"Why are you nervous?" He shook his head at me. "You've known these people your entire life."

I shook my head. "I knew them when we were kids. We aren't kids anymore, Zach. People grow up, people change, people die."

Zach stopped walking and looked at me with a dead stare. "Morgan..are you stil-"

"I don't want to talk about it, Zach!"

Zach nodded his head, "Okay."

Silence took over, and I didn't do anything to change it. Then I noticed that we were just..standing there. I looked in front of us and saw a long line of couples.

"Zach, what are we waiting for?" My curiosity got the best of me as I broke the silence.

"Um, we have to introduce our dates to the lieutenants," he answered simply.

I nodded my head once more and stayed quiet as we approached the first person.

"My name is Zachary Fields and this is my date Morgan Benator." I heard this line repeated several times.

Finally, we got to a table. I put my purse down and rested my jacket on a chair.

"So," I look back at Zach, "You must spend a lot of time with these people. Whats the news?"

Zach smiled and motioned for me to move closer to him. He pointed to a girl in a turquoise dress. "We had a lock in a couple of weeks ago, and that girl told us she had lung cancer and has to get chemo."

I frowned. "That's awful!"

"Tell me about it, but it gets worse." Zach gave me a sideways glance. "The Monday after lock down, she came back to school saying that she was better."

My eyebrows scrunched together, "What?"

"Yeah, doesn't make sense, does it? You don't just have lung cancer, after one round of chemo, and get better. And look at her hair. Looks real right?" I nod. "I thought when you go through chemo you lose all your hair?"

"So you think she's lying?"

Zach just simply shrugged his shoulders. He turned a different direction and pointed again. "See that couple over there? Well that girl was gonna dump that boy for his best friend."

"Did he know that?"

"Yup."

"So why are they still together?"

"Your guess is as good as mine."

Wow, people these days.

I sighed, "Anything else I should know?"

Zach looked at me but then something over my shoulder. "Yeah, that guy is probably the cutest guy you will ever meet."

I scoffed, "Impossible."

I looked at Zach, and he had this gleam in his eye. I couldn't resist the urge to look at the boy, so I did.

As soon as I lay my eyes on him, I felt like I would never be able to take them off.

"Who is that?"

"Hunter," Zach said. "Just don't get too attached. He has a girlfriend."

I gave a quick glance to the girl standing next to him. She was pretty. She had long legs, curves to die for, and a pretty face.

I turned away, "Like I ever would. You know how I feel."

I thought I heard him mutter something that sounded like, "For now." But I decided that it was just my mind playing tricks on me.

"Let's dance."

I didn't have time to answer as Zach pulled me to the dance floor and spun me in circles.
♠ ♠ ♠
Twitter: @WhereItGetsReal
Facebook: WhereitgetsReal Mibba
(: