Status: slow, but active(:

Dance The Night Away

Follower

~Morgan's POV~

I don't know what made me want to follow him or why I went with it, but something did and I did. I didn't even look at Monica when she asked me where I was going. I just got up and walked straight out the door that Hunter had.

It lead out to an alley. If I turned to my left I would be lead to the street, but if I took a right I would be lead farther into the alley. I heard a crash and then an explicit from my right so I followed it. That's all I was nowadays, a follower.

I found Hunter at the end of the dimly lit alley with a pile of crates at his feet.

"Are you okay?" He hadn't seen or heard me walking up so my voice startled him.

His head snapped up and for a split second he looked like a wild man. One side of his hair was sticking up as he repeatedly ran his hand through it. His shirt was untucked and his tie was loose. He looked sexy.

"What are you doing out here?"

"I asked you first." When he didn't even smile I tried again. "I just wanted to see if you were okay. Back there...that was rough."

"You have no idea." Hunter looked at the ground and kicked one of the crates.

I pulled at the hem of my dress. "Oh, you'd be surprised."

"Right, like a girl like you would ever get cheated on." Hunter huffed and it was so cold outside that you could see the cloud of his breath. "Much less with your best friend."

I felt really Bella Swan-ish as I blinked like twenty times before answering. "We met like an hour ago. You really don't know me well enough to be making any assumptions."

Hunter looked at me. "I guess that's true."

He sat down on a pile of crates that he had yet to knock down. When he put his head in his hands, I stepped in front of him.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Honestly, by Monday the whole entire school will know about it and everyone will be talking about it. So no, I really don't want to talk about it."

I leaned back. "Okay, then what do you wanna talk about?"

Hunter looked up at me. I knew he was trying to figure me out, everyone does it at one point or another.

"What's going on with you and Zach?"

I rolled my eyes. It was the question of the night, apparently. "That goofball? I'm just here so his lame ass isn't dateless."

"Right. So there's nothing, special going on with him?"

I laughed. "Definitely not."

"Why?"

I gave Hunter a weird look. "Well first off, I've been friends with him since like, pre-k. Second, I don't date."

Hunter raised his eyebrow. "What kind of high school girl doesn't date?"

"The kind that knows she won't be able to give a guy what he'll eventually want." I paused when I saw the smirk on Hunter's face. "And I'm not talking about sex, not that I'll just do it with any plain Joe."

Hunter chuckled. "Then what are you talking about."

"In the end, any decent guy is gonna want one thing more than anything else.." I looked straight at Hunter. "My whole heart."

~Hunter's POV~

Her answer was so honest that I didn't know how to respond. I was stunned. First, she cared enough to make sure I was okay even though we just met. Second, she was really nice and understanding, not making me talk about what just happened. And third, she was so open about her life with someone she barely knows.

She was different.

"And what makes you think that, that's what a guy would want most?"

"Oh, no. I'm not stupid." She brushed her bangs out of her face. "Guys want sex most, obviously. But, a decent guy would want a girls heart most. They're sweet like that.."

I watched her turn her head to the side, and in the moonlight her smile made my stomach clench.

"That's why I don't date."

"Because you can't give them your whole heart?"

She nodded. "And I can't hurt a sweet guy like that. Cause you know that cycle. A sweet guy is screwed over by a bitch, then he turns into a douche that hurts a nice girl, who turns into a bitch, and the cycle just keeps starting over."

"I like that logic. It makes sense."

She looked straight at me again. "Because it's the truth."

I shook my head slightly. "Damn, you're deep."

"Well, when you go through the stuff I've been through, that's kind of the only option who have to be."

My eyebrows came together. "The stuff you've gone through?"

She bit her lip and looked away. "You really aren't social are you?"

I shook my head. "But what does that have to do with this?"

"Have you seen the looks everyone has been giving me tonight?" I shook my head. "Well they explain a lot, cause everyone knows what I've been through."

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't really pay attention to gossip."

"It's not gossip when it's the truth. It's fact."

I didn't respond. I didn't want to pressure her into telling me what she's talking about, just like she didn't pressure me.

"Do you remember what happened last year?"

"A lot of things happened last year. Maybe you cold be more specific?"

Morgan took a deep breath. "Those two students that died? In the car accident?"

I thought back. Junior year was such a blur. It's like I was there but I wasn't. "I think I remember. They were parked up on one of the roads on Clear-view Mountain right? And a car was speeding up the road, nicked it's bumper and the car took a tumble?"

Morgan scratched her head. "Yeah that."

"Oh, yeah, man. So many people were messed up about that. What about it?"

"Those two students? Yeah, that was my best friend and my boyfriend."

I closed my eyes. "You're kidding."

"I really wish I was." Her voice was shaking, "But I'm not."

I knew she looked familiar. She was that girl, the one that I would see in the hallway, always either crying or close to tears. The one that every other person would stop and hug or give her shoulder or hand a squeeze.

I opened my eyes. "Morgan.."

"Please don't. I get pity from everyone else. They're always so careful with me, like I could combust at any second." She shook her head frantically. "Please, don't be like them."

"Never."

And then I was standing up, grabbing her by the waist, and hugging her. Her arms flew around my neck and she held me tight. I could feel her shoulders collapse after every breath she took. like it was such a hassle to even bother living. My shirt started sticking to my chest and I knew she was crying.

"Morgan.." I started running my fingers through her hair. "Shh..Breath. Just breath."

Her head moved back and forth. "I'm so sorry. I normally don't do this."

I rested my cheek against the top of her head. "It's okay." More to myself I whispered. "You're gonna be okay."

~Zach's POV~

Charlie and I were laughing as we walked back into the room. But when we looked around, our smiles dropped. It wads like a mad house. Bianca was sitting on the floor, bawling her eyes out, and her friends were all playing with her hair or patting her shoulder as they all whispered to her. Austin was standing by himself looking at this random door, like he was thinking if he should walk out if or not. The scariest sight of all was Monica basically charging towards us, by herself.

"I've been looking for you two everywhere. I mean, what the fuck? Who leaves their dates to go fuck around with people they can do stupid shit with every day? I mean Go-"

"Monica," I looked around the room. "Where is Morgan?"

"Well," Monica put her hands on her hips. "If you had been with us, you would know."

"Monica."

She shook her head. "She walked out the door."

"Why?"

"She was following Hunter, I think."

What? I looked down at Monica. "Why did Hunter leave?"

"Oh, it was great. Him and Bianca came storming into this room, they were fighting. And Hunter just kept yelling at her until she confessed that she's been cheating on him with his best friend. You know, Austin. And so then Hunter told her that Austin is just using her for the sex and that he really doesn't care about her, and that if this had happened a couple months down the road then Hunter himself actually might have loved Bianca. Then he dumped her and walked out that door over there." Monica took a deep breath. "It was great."

"I can't believe we missed all that!" Charlie shook his head, like he was so disappointed.

I rolled my eyes and Monica giggled before taking his hand.

"I'm gonna go find Morgan." I started walking to the door that Austin was staring at.

"Be careful," Monica called after me, "You don't know what you might find out there."

I was just thinking the same thing.

~Morgan's POV~

"I'm so sorry. I'm really not like this." I pulled away from Hunter and wiped furiously at my face.

"It's understandable why you would be, so it's not a big deal."

I chuckled. "At least you think so. Some people think I'm pathetic because I didn't move on like, the next week after the accident."

"People are stupid."

"I've always believed that."

Hunter laughed and I looked up at him. He had this little twinkle of mischief in his eyes. Like we were about to do something so criminal. At that exact moment, I think we both realized how close we were, but we didn't do anything to change it.

I swear he was tilting his head when the alley door slammed shut.

"Morgan?"

Hunter stepped back and I pressed myself into the wall.

"Hunter?"

Hunter cleared his throat. "Over here man."

Zach slowly walked towards us. "What's going on?"

I looked at the ground, but I knew Hunter was staring at me as he answered, "Morgan just wanted to see if I was okay. I kinda caused a scene."

"Oh."

I lifted my head up as the moon decided to make the alley really bright.

"Hey, Morgan, are you okay?"

"Yeah, just tired." I looked at Hunter. "It's been a long night."

Zach looked back and forth at me and Hunter. "Okay. Come one, I'll take you home."

Zach reached his hand out for mine and I met him half way. I didn't look at Hunter as we started walking away.

"It was nice meeting you." I called back.

"You too." His voice barely reached me as Zach pulled us back through the door.

But not before I could catch a glimpse of the boy we were leaving behind, the boy that barely knew me but let me cry on his shoulder non the less.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took such a long time to get out. School is insane.
And I don't feel like checking it right now, so I'll do that later.
Hope you like it!
Comment and Subscribe.