Status: brand new

Almost Easy

Number Twelve

Jimmy POV

Sitting next to the hospital bed had become a normal thing. Kyler had gone into labor at only 28 weeks, I know it sounds wrong but I cared not for my baby at the time, I was freaking out about her dying. The amount of blood she lost was enough for her to need a transfusion, possibly the worst feeling I've ever felt.

It turned out Kyler's suspicions were true, and she did have two babies in there, except one of them was hidden behind the boy, but had been a still born, and approximately lost when Kyler had been 17 weeks, it was a little girl and I felt like I'd lost someone I never even knew existed, but now I did it was ridiculous. We had named the twins, well no longer twins, Alani Marie and Isaiah Matthew.

Isaiah was going to end up being a healthy baby boy, once his lungs developed fully. I was more than excited to get home with my healthy son and my healthy girlfriend; unfortunately it was still going to be a few months before Isaiah could come home with us.

'Sir?' A little black haired nurse in her 30's called from the doorframe, I turned to let her know I was listening but kept my gaze on my sleeping beauty's pale face 'It's time for Isaiah's feeding, if you would like to feed him?'

I nodded standing, and following her along the long white halls that were so bright they almost hurt my eyes, she led me into the nursery that was made especially for little premature babies, it was decorated with pictures of cartoon animal's all over the walls with a warm yellow paint, it was made for you to feel warm and safe in, which was calming when everything could potentially go either way with the little babies in it. I quickly washed my hands with the anti bacterial soap, before making my way in fully.

The incubator that caught my eye was the one in the corner, with the tiny baby boy in it. He was bigger then the usual premature babies, but his lungs still weren’t properly developed, that’s what we were waiting on. He was on a special breathing machine and his little eyes were hardly ever open, the first time I seen them I think I cried.

'Hey buddy' I whispered down, sticking my tattooed hand through the hand hole, rubbing his soft arm gently 'How're you doing today my boy?'

He moved his head slightly and I smiled sadly 'Soon me, you and Mummy are going to go home! We have a cool little room made for you dude'

I watched him wriggle, and in that moment I made an unconscious decision to be the best dad I could.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its super short, but I'm busy today
I'll try in a little while to write a longer one,
Thanks so much for all the subscribers, yaaay :D