Status: brand new

Almost Easy

Number Thirteen

Three months later...

'Yay baby boo!' I giggled rubbing Isaiah's little cheeks with my index finger, he simply blinked back at me from the small capsule he was seating in our car. We were finally aloud to take him home today; he was now a little over three months old but still so small, smaller then the average new born.

From what they could tell he would average out to be a normal sized kid, and have no problems but it was hard to be sure at this point in time. I prayed he would be fine, I'd already lost one child I didn’t even know about. Doctors should listen to patients more I'm thinking.

'Thanks Matt' I smiled at my brother through the rearview mirror, who was in the driver’s seat. He and Val had insisted I stay with them for the first few months as Isaiah would need a lot of nurturing, and it would be hard for me to do by myself. Where's Jimmy? Well he signed himself up for rehab which was probably the happiest day of my life. He'd been gone a little over three weeks, and would be returning home very soon.

'You need the help, don’t thank me for it' He grinned, his dimples showing, the same dimples our genes had handed to the small face that sat beside me 'Besides I think Val needs someone close' He bit his lip, as we pulled into their drive way.

'I'll do anything to help her, you know that' I lent forward to pat my brothers shoulder before swinging the door open, climbing out slowly. I was still a little bit weak it was horrible. I was healing though and I'd make a full recovery, though my ability to have children may be affected due to the way they had to cut my womb.

Matt took the capsule from the car, whilst I grabbed the bag filled with all the special formula's and bottles little Mischief would need, following him up the steps. The door swung open just as he was about to open it to reveal a very excited looking Michelle 'Finally!' She cried ushering us both in.

'Hey beautiful' She embraced me quickly before running after Matt to get a real life glimpse of the baby whom none of the guys apart from Matt and Jimmy had seen, Val had also but that’s mainly because at his birth Jimmy couldn’t deal with it and she took his place.

'Is that my little nephew?!' Val cried running down the stairs in her PJ's looking mentally and physically exhausted 'Gimme!'

I smiled at her kindly, hoping I didn’t come off as giving her sympathy. Apparently you're not supposed to do that and it makes women feel like there is something wrong with them.

She had lost the baby at four months along, and still was feeling it. I could understand her pain having lost Alani, but I imagine it’s nothing in comparison considering I still have one baby.

'Hey man' Syn smiled patting my back, before heading to stand behind Michelle who was leaning over Val's shoulder cooing at Isaiah.

Zacky didn’t bother saying hey and simply sat on his knee's staring at the baby.

'He's Jimmy and Matt mashed into one!' He laughed, gently running his fingers over the baby's full head of dark hair. Which he had inherited from my side of the family.

I smiled as I watched our little family talk about what he would be when he got older, and how they passed him around. Val eventually teared up and had to leave the room. I left the room after her, finding her sitting on the bathroom floor with her knees brought up to her chest.

I said nothing simply sat with my arms around her; there was nothing you could say to make her feel better.

-

'I don’t understand how he was inside of you, and now he isn’t' Zack muttered as I lay on the couch with Mischief swaddled in a blanket laying on my chest, his little eyes closed shut, sucking on the pacifier in his mouth 'Doesn’t that trip you out Ky?'

'Mmm' I mumbled quietly trying to soak up all of the small details of my baby while he was still so little, everyone says it goes so fast.

His lips were all Jimmy's they had that faint fullness and shape to them and that chubbiness Jim has in his cheeks, I just thought it would be so cute to have a baby that looks like a mini me of his dad. Even though I'm sure he'd have a few Sanders looks thrown in there, you could already see Matt.

'I'm going to head to bed Zack buddy' I carefully stood up, placing Isaiah against my shoulder, he whimpered but settled back into his sleep 'See you tomorrow yeah?'

'Yeah I'll be around I guess' He waved as I left the room.

It amused me how he was the only one going to be left awake in the house, but he'd probably just sit there for a few more hours before casually leaving, he's done it many times at Jimmy and I's old apartment. I walked down the hall to the guest room I was staying in, walking past Matt and Val's room I could hear the whispered fiercely to each other and I felt guilty again for intruding in their house in such a difficult time.

Going into the cream colored room, I placed Isaiah down in the basinet, making sure the blankets were pulled tight around him to keep him happy for a few hours until he got hungry. I collapsed onto the bed, feeling the stream run out of me. Even with all these extra hands, being a mother is hard. He only takes the food off either me or Jimmy right now, and seeing as Jimmy wouldn’t be here for a week or so it was up to me. My phone buzzed and I jumped to get it before it startled baby.

'Hello?'

"Hey sweet thang" Jimmy's loud booming voice came through the speakers, a smile flickered to my face.

'James!' I cried as quietly as I could 'What’s happening?'

"Hey, I have some good news" I listened to him sip from something before he continued "I'm on my way home! I'll be there tomorrow!"

'Oh wow, are you feeling good about being in the real word?' I asked, rubbing the loose skin on my stomach, screwing my face up at the feel of it 'What time?'

"Morning sometime, I'm just excited to see my boy" I could imagine the grin on his face as he spoke those last words and it pleased me how grown up he was being, but I felt a spark of jealousy that he didn’t mention me.

'I see, well I'm sure he's ecstatic to see you' I yawned 'Glad you're coming home'

"I love you dude"

'You do know throwing that dude in there defeats the purpose?' I giggled loudly; making Mischief stir slightly next to me 'I love you to rat head'

'Don’t be a smart ass' He laughed his infectious laugh through the phone line
♠ ♠ ♠
The feedback has been lovely you guys!
Updates may slow over the next couple of day, as I'm going to be busy, hopefully I'll shoot one more out tonight for you