Status: brand new

Almost Easy

Number Fifteen

There was a loud squeal from Val and Matt's room as I sat in the study, surfing around on the net looking at nothing special. I'd already spotted Isaiah's picture over different message boards, I'd already been slammed for being a bad mother for him being premature, all in a day's work for the girlfriend of a band member.

Closing all the pages I had open, I slid my slippers back on my feet enjoying the fluffiness of them as I padded down the hall slowly poking my head in the bedroom door 'Whets going on?'

'Look mamma bear!' Michelle grinned, lifting Isaiah off the bed, he was decked out in a little black onsie with Sullivan 0 on the back much like Jimmy's tattoo, and a small beanie to go with it. I grinned running off to fetch my camera before I returned a few moments later. Snapping a million different pictures of him in this suit, before taking pictures of him with both his Aunties.

'Aw! So handsome!' Val grinned watching him kick his little legs at the sound of her voice.

At nearly five months old, though he should really only be around three months old, he was starting to look the age he was supposed to be. He looked healthy, a little smaller than most babies, but normal. His bright blue eyes were wide as he watched Val tickle him before he'd let out a loud giggle. Val was also doing a lot better now I think she might of accepted it.

'I'm bored' I cried dramatically, collapsing on the olive green comforter, shocking Isaiah a little as his eyes went wide and he snapped his head around, whinging once he seen me.

'Hey! No!' Michelle laughed, snatching him up, turning him so he couldn’t see me 'I'm your favourite, yes! So you want me huh? Not dumb mum!'

'Michi, gimme my child!' Pretending to cry I grabbed Val and held her to me 'Or you won’t get your sister back!'

'How do I always end up involved?' Val mumbled crossing her arms over her chest

'GUYS!' Michelle yelled from her spot near the window 'LET’S TAKE MISCHIEF TO SEE THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!'

'He is five months old, he cares not' I jumped up scooping him into my arms much to Michelle’s protest 'Besides you know Jim, he wants to take him later on tonight'

-

'Alright we are off!' I called dragging the stroller down the stairs, Jimmy strolled past the bottom of them 'Don’t help or anything, I got it'

He rolled his eyes before helping me out. Matt held Isaiah up to his face on the couch, as Isaiah tried to work out his hands to grab hold of his lip piercing, eventually he got frustrated and let out a loud cry 'Oh sh' Matt laughed blowing raspberries into his naked little chest.

'Why didn’t you dress him like I fucking asked?!' I groaned taking the baby from Matt's arm and laying him gently on the couch 'Change him while I go get his bottle'

I had not been in the kitchen five seconds when Matt let out a disgusted growl, I rolled my eyes to myself grabbing the two bottles and running out to see what was happening. Jimmy was laying on the floor laughing his ass off as Matt sat with pee all over his shirt and Isaiah laying on the couch diaper less 'The key is to cover his pee parts whilst changing him' I giggled

'I need to change' He stood and left, looking annoyed.

'Don’t forget you love him' I called after him before putting a diaper on my sons bottom and putting him in the stroller.

We set off walking in the cool air of Huntington Beach; it felt nice even if we were both saying nothing. Just looking at the lights and enjoying our family time.

I looped my arm with Jimmy's as he pushed the stroller that Isaiah was now asleep in. He smelt like nothing I could ever explain, it was home that scent. He paused at the biggest most decorated house on the block 'Ky'

'Jim?' My brow furrowed with confusion.

'Alright, how do I word this?' He mumbled to himself before he took a deep breath placing his hands on my shoulders 'I know you know I don’t believe in marriage, and I think it’s pointless...but I know it’s what you want. So what I'm trying to say is will you fucking marry me?'

My jaw dropped lower than I thought was possible. Did I really just hear that right? Was this some type of joke?

'Alright...shit's getting awkward' He laughed 'Can you answer me already?'

'Of course yes, you total idiot!' I grinned flinging myself up into his strong arms 'Ah, I love you! Even if that was probably the least romantic proposal ever...very us'

'Yeah I love you too you crazy nymph!'

I slapped his chest playfully as he pulled out a huge diamond ring and slid it on my finger 'Now you can’t leave' with that he winked and continued walking off down the road.