Status: brand new

Almost Easy

Number Seventeen

Jimmy POV

'We should probably get a move on man' Matt suggested after downing the last of what was in his cup 'Early day tomorrow'

I glanced at the screen on my cell phone, getting side tracked for a second looking at the picture of Kyler and Mischief, before I caught sight of the time '1:23am'

'I'll get the girls' Standing I left the table, ruffling Michelle’s hair as I walked past, she gave me a cheeky grin before fixing it.

Walking into Zack's extravagantly huge living room, the first thing you caught sight of was the huge Christmas tree in the corner, before I noticed Val and Kyler snuggled up together on the couch. Val's back against the back of the cream couch, with her arm over Kyler whilst they were half covered by a throw blanket, Kyler's arm resting in the stroller where Isaiah slept.

'GET UP BITCHES!' I screamed into their ears once I had removed Kyler’s hand from the stroller just to make sure she didn’t pull him over.

Both their eyes shot open and Val let out a small squeal 'FUCK SAKES JIM!'

'C'mon girls, we are going home so you two can get some rest before tomorrow'

I smiled watching them pull themselves up and straighten up and stretch. I caught glimpse of the small locket that hung around Kyler's neck, I took in the small engraving that you could barely see but I knew was there, that read 'forREVer', she didn’t think it was as clever as I did, but appreciated it none the less, its safe to say I'd be getting lucky tonight.

-
Kyler's POV

After a whole day of spending time with Jimmy's family, then a small amount of time with Brian's family, we were finally arriving at my parents house. My gut feeling was telling me to just go home, but I loved my mother to much to leave her alone with my horrible old man on Christmas, besides Matt and Val would be here soon enough.

Pushing the stroller I led the way to the door, Jimmy trailing slowly behind texting away on his cell phone that had been buzzing all day with well wishes from all of the trillions of people he called his friends. He looked drawn and tired, I felt guilty for bringing him here when he was so exhausted, my father was hard to deal with at the best of times.

'We can so get in the car and leave right now babe, we don’t have to see them' I whispered to him to make sure no one noticed we were here.

Jimmy shot me a dirty look 'Christmas means family, its your turn to spend Christmas dinner with your horrible family...couple of hours here then we can go home and I can finally have a very strong drink and play some video games'

Smiling I lent up to press my lips to his before turning away and continuing to the house 'God save us'

The door swung open before I got there to reveal my plump little mother, all her freshly dyed hair sat on her shoulders and she had a very large toothy smile placed on her lips 'Here is my baby! Finally!' She rushed over pulling me into a hug. She smelt of cinnamon with a hint of a musky perfume, I felt at home instantly.

'Hey Mrs. Sanders' Jimmy smiled politely giving her a one armed hug

'Oh please James! Hug me properly!' She laugh heartily pulling him in tight to her 'And there’s my little grandson! Looks just like the Sullivan’s lately!'

Isaiah grinned up at her, his bright blue eyes unblinking as he kicked and lent his hands up to her, gurgling and cooing at her. At six months he is at the developmental age of a four month old, but eventually it would even out. She pulled him up into her arms before ushering us through the door.

My father sat in an armchair in the corner, saying nothing and sipping from a coffee mug of what I assume to be some form of alcohol 'Hey' I nodded in his direction

'What? Not going to give a proper hello to your father now are you?' He muttered bitterly.

Walking over I patted his shoulder, getting so close to his ear to be sure my mother wouldn’t here 'Hello dearest father, I cant explain how unhappy I am to find you still living, hopefully next year yeah?'

He lifted his hand and slammed it into my face making Jimmy yelp and run over to pick me up off the floor, Jimmy knew I didn’t like him to get involved so he said nothing and took me back through into the kitchen as my mother started to fret about what would happen when 'Matthew gets here'

'Fucking hell Ky, I thought we'd discussed you not pissing your alcoholic father with anger issues off!' Jimmy scolded 'One of these days I swear to god I'll take him out myself'

'Don’t worry about it' I muttered wiping my lip gently where it had busted, memories of my childhood flooding my mind.

I sat on the bench and Jimmy pushing himself between my legs, for once in my life I was nearly at eye level with him. He kissed me quickly, and when he pulled away I noticed the blood on his lip, my face must of screwed up cause he quickly wiped at his lip 'Ew Kyler'

'HEY!' I laughed pinching both of his cheeks before I pulled him in close again 'Thank you'

'Shut up and lets just get this over with'

After two hours of sitting around in a tense living room, the only lightener being Mischief, Matt called to apologize to my mother telling her he just couldn’t do it this year and would not be attending, Jimmy and I left.

In a way this was one of the better Christmas' I've had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Such a shit update,
but I really felt I needed to update for you guys!