Status: brand new

Almost Easy

Number Six

‘Green or blue lace? I still think that pretty yellow one would be nice…’ My mother trailed on and on, as I stood rolling my eyes, trying to nod and add a few ‘yes’s’ here and there to keep her happy.

‘Lace isn’t for a little boy’

We had found out just two weeks ago that little Mischief was a boy, what a proud moment that had been. I couldn’t picture myself with a girl, especially around all the guys, she’d have the hardest time trying to get a boyfriend, a boy was much safer.

‘For a newborn it is Kyler Jane!’ She scolded ‘Matthew had lace in his nursery’

I gave her a blank stare, pushing the hair that fell in front of my eyes away before I answered ‘…yes and he turned out so well’

‘I’m going to ignore that comment, blame it on your pregnancy hormones’ She muttered, still holding up the two samples of baby lace ‘Now pick’

I shook my head, placing my hands on my lower back, trying to give it some support. At nearly five months pregnant my back was already paining me something awful, apparently little baby Sullivan was a very large baby, something that pleased his father. I collapsed on a bench in the baby store, the relief my feet felt was heaven.

Jimmy had organized that we fast forwarded getting a home, I found a small three bedroom house, he had organized to get it painted, furnished the whole lot, while I oversaw it all. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad I’m not actually doing the work, but even being a bystander is hard.
The house itself was located in a lower middle class area of Huntington Beach, it wasn’t the picturesque little cottage with a white picket fence, but it was very us. Moderate sized rooms, and a large backyard, ‘Plenty of room for baby’ was how my mother had explained it.

Decorating was not my forte, in fact, my mother was doing the majority of it, bless her soul. The walls had all been painted, most different shades of red’s, purples and greys. The floors were hardwood, and gave the rooms a spacious look to them. Photo’s hung on the wall, along with a few different posters and awards Jimmy had gathered up over the years. It felt homey already, just missing that one person.

I now sat in the middle of the cream carpet in Mischief’s room, folding up the millions of clothes Jimmy kept sending back that fan’s had brought to him, I appreciated the thought, but it was so much washing and folding. Mischief’s room was painted a minty green, with a baby blue feature wall, on which Matt had asked his tattoo artist to draw up a huge death bat on the wall, it was quite badass if I do say so myself.

He wriggled around a little bit in my stomach as I hummed along to some song that came on, it was a strange feeling to say the least. I gave up not long after at folding up the clothes, leaving it all on the floor as I went and collapsed on the dark leather couch, sinking deep into the cushions, flicking the TV on and opening my laptop. Some reality TV show was on, and I turned it slightly down not really paying attention as I went through all my email’s, some were from old friends, others spam, but the two that caught my eye were from Jimmy and Zacky.

Jimmy’s read the usual, he’d tell me about the tour, what they’d done, who they had seen. He’d ask a few questions about the house and the baby. All in all they were not really what you would expect after not seeing him going on two months, especially in our relationship, which was going on four years.

The other had me slightly more stressed out than I had been a few minutes prior;

Ky, the sooner you get here the better, he’s hitting it pretty hard
x Zack


I rolled my eyes, knowing that was most likely the case before I had even received this.
In a month I’d arrive on the tour, to hopefully remind him what the risks were now we were about to have a family, he couldn’t keep playing these games of chance with his health.
♠ ♠ ♠
kind of a filler,
comments?