Look at Me

Chapter 014

I was still standing in front of the door with my back against it. I was speechless most of the time the girl talked. I don’t get it. What do they mean by ‘him’? Me a swinger? Both of them? The only guy I liked since I been here was Jacob. It’s not like I could ever have those feelings returned anyway. Who was the other guy anyway? I slid down to the cold linoleum floor.

Why is all of this happening to me? I must be causing a lot of problems to the Cullen family. I sighed. I have to find more about my past soon. Then I could leave them.

But what about Alice? Said a small voice in my head. That’s right I was Alice’s adopted daughter. She would hate to see me gone. What can I do!

I stood up and started looking for ways to get out. My first option was quickly eliminated because I can’t break school property, banging on the door wouldn’t help. My eyes scanned the bathroom. There were a few windows high up. With my vampire powers I could reach but I didn’t think I could fit through the window.

I walked to the sink and washed my face. I stared at myself in the mirror. My eyes were the same color just a tiny shade lighter. My tan skin was still the same. I knew I was different from the Cullens who had pale skin, but at least it made it less obvious that I was a vampire.

I would have used my cell to call for help but there was no signal so I decided to stay here till the janitor would open it for me.

I lifted my head up when I heard heavy footsteps running my way. I stood up wondering who was it.

The door flew back open revealing a rather panicky and frustrated Seth. His eyes looked around the bathroom and when he saw me he ran and knelt down to my level. “Are you alright?” he asked sounding relieved.

“Yes Seth, I’m fine. I’m just glad I’m in a room with toilets. How did you find me?”

“I’m a werewolf remember?” He smirked and looked down. “Crap.”

“What’s wrong?” I asked

“I was supposed to watch you and now I find you locked in here at 8 in the night. Alice trusted me.”

“It’s alright Seth, I’m fine and Alice won’t lose her trust in you because of this. It’s actually my fault anyway.”

He looked at me for a while and stood up extending an arm. I grabbed it and he effortlessly pulled me up. “Let’s go, Jaspers waiting outside for you.”

We walked out of the school in silence. From the corner of my eye I could see Seth looking distracted and deep in thought. By the time we got to the car Seth opened the door for me. “Your not riding?” I asked

“No. I have to check out a few things in case.”

“Alright.” I nodded and he close the door. I turned to Jasper. “How’s Alice?” I asked.

“She doesn’t know.”

“That’s good…” I said

“What happened to you?”

“Nothing serious.” I said. He looked at me and changed lanes. “Jasper where are we going?” He said nothing and parked somewhere off the road behind a tree. He climbed out the car and I followed him.

We went through the forest, past branches and a few harmless animals until we came to a clearing where there was a little pond occupied by a few ducks. Before I could say anything Jasper sat on the edge and looked at me as if to say, come sit.

I sat next to him and looked at the pond. “This is Alice’s and I secret hideout. Our own little place to runaway to.” He turned to look at me. “Don’t let anyone know about this place alright?”

I nodded. “So what are we doing here?”

He smiled and stared past the trees and into the sky. “Let your thoughts wander. It’s nice to have some peace once in a while.”

I smiled at Jasper for a while and lay my head down in the grass.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while since I worked on this. But now I'm going double time to finish the next couple chapters!
Thankyou to all my faithful readers. x)
Comment&Subscribe
Isn't it sweet how Jasper understands Violet? Father daughter moment. Makes me tear up. Must be beautiful. Haha.