Look at Me

Chapter 002

I did a double take on my body noticing that my skin was still tanned but cold. I put my hand where my heart is… Or was and felt nothing. No heart beat, no warmth, just an empty coldness. Tears sprang to my eyes and I screamed.

Jasper and Alice looked at me sadly.

“But why?” I said. My hands trembling as I looked at them. “Vampires aren’t real. Their just myths, legends!” I said not daring to believe it. “How is it possible?”

“Carlisle will explain it to you. Follow me.” Slowly she walked out the door. I followed her. Jasper following quietly behind. He regarded me with a look of understanding.

We followed her out of the room, down the hall and down the stairs. I was amazed at how beautiful the house was. The clear transparent walls, the shiny smooth floor, the furniture. I wish I could live here.

After passing through the matching kitchen we made it to the living room where there were seven other vampires being preoccupied. I studied them for the longest time. Their beauty literally took my breath away.

A man the oldest out of all of them-whom I sense to be- stood up and walked slowly to me. “Hello, you must be Violet. I’m Carlisle.” He held out his hand to me. I looked at him nervously. “It’s alright. I don’t bite.” he smiled and quietly laughed at his small joke.

I cautiously shook his hand. “H-hi.” I said.

A woman with caramel colored hair appeared beside Carlisle. She smiled beautifully at me showing her dimples. Carlisle wrapped an arm around her waist. “Violet, this is Esme. My wife.”

“It’s a pleasure meeting you.” she said.

Carlisle gestured to a couple sitting on the couch. “Violet this is Emmett and Rosalie Cullen. Emmett, a buff guy who reminded me of a jock gave me a teasing smile and whispered something to a beautiful blonde woman with wavy hair. Rosalie in response, rolled her eyes in disgust.

A young woman maybe in her early 20s walked up to me and smiled kindly. “My name is Isabella, but you can call me Bella.” She had a girl next door look but with a natural beauty. “This is my husband Edward.” A gorgeous man with brown hair and a smooth perfect face gave me a soft smile from behind Bella.

“I’m sure you already met Jasper and Alice by now.” said Carlisle as the couple began to sit down.

I nodded at him. “Violet why don’t you have seat?” said Alice kindly as she patted the seat next to her. I sat next to her feeling stiff.

“Relax.” said Jasper quietly. I suddenly felt my muscles loosen up and my mind more relaxed. I looked at Jasper. He nodded at me.

“Now Violet.” said Carlisle. “Can you tell us anything about yourself?”

I thought hard. I looked deep into my mind but found nothing. “No.” I said afraid. “I can’t remember anything about myself.” I felt tears run down my cold cheeks. It felt so eerie to know nothing about yourself. It was scary. “I-I only know my name.”

Carlisle looked at me sadly and turned to Esme. “It’s alright sweetheart why don’t you watch a movie with us?” said Esme in a sweet voice.

“S-sure.” I stuttered.

Esme led me out to the garden in the back of the house which was quite beautiful. I walked to rose bush where beautiful exotic looking roses grew. I gently touched the soft petals and bent closer to smell the beautiful red and yellow rose.

Esme quietly stepped beside me. “That is a Caribbean rose.”

I said nothing and continued to stare at it. I was amazed at how I can see every single detail and dust particle that goes by my eyes.

I turned around when I heard the door open. I saw Carlisle out on the porch and he gave a look to Esme. Esme glanced at me and said, “I’m sorry Violet, but I guess you have to go watch a movie with Bella and Alice. I‘m going to be quite busy today.” she smiled at me and walked to Carlisle who went inside the house.

I shrugged and began to walk around the garden. I admit I was scared being a vampire and not knowing who I am but I might as well look on the bright side of being a vampire. I wonder what I can do. I was staring at the cloudy sky when I heard Bella walking to me.

“Hi Violet.” She smiled timidly.

“Hey, Bella.” I said.

“You alright?”

“Yeah. At least I think I am.”

“Well don’t worry. You’ll be fine.” she paused for a moment. “I’m sorry, I’m not as social as the rest of the family is. I don’t talk to people much so Alice thought it would be a good thing to get me started by talking to you. It’s hard, but I’m trying. “

“No, its ok. You don’t have to try to talk to me. I guess I kind of go with the flow.” I looked at her face and noticed how beautiful she is. Her long smooth face, the wavy brown hair… but her eyes. ”Bella why are your eyes different from the others?” I asked

She smiled. “I was recently turned into a vampire so it takes a while for my eyes to turn to a light hazel color. Feeding on animal blood is hard to adjust to but it will do.”

“Wait,” I said. “Did I just drink animal blood then?”

“No, your still quite fresh, you’re a newborn. So in your case it should be better to start you off drinking human blood since animal blood won’t fully quench your thirst.”

“Oh,” I said quietly feeling a bit uneasy.

“C’mon.” said Bella “The movie should be starting soon.” she awkwardly grabbed my wrist and brought me to the front of the house where a sleek black Mercedes was parked. “Oh shoot. Be right back.” I watched as she walked into the house.

A few minutes later she came back with Alice following behind her. “Ready?” she chimed.

I gave a small smile and sat in the back of the car. Alice drove us to a nearby theatre and we watched a action/ romance movie. I stared at the giant screen and caught every detail that happened. I watched the screen as if it were playing in slow motion.

After the movie Alice drove us back to the house and gave me another thermos full of blood. I cringed at the thought of drinking it but once it hit my lips it was the best thing I ever tasted.

“So what do you want to do Violet?” Bella asks.

“I don’t know, maybe I might need some time alone.”

She nodded at me and sat down next to her husband.

“Be careful and don’t go outside the fences.” said Edward

I nodded, and walked out of the house and began walking around. I tried to remember anything about my past but nothing came up. I wasn’t at a loss though. At least I didn’t forget everything. I still know my basic math and cars and stuff. I just can’t remember anything about me. I found myself standing in front of the same rose bush I was standing in front of hours ago.

I stood still and just stared at the beauty of the Caribbean rose under the moonlight. Since I was a vampire I decided to test myself and see what I can do. Nearby was a large tree I ran and jumped up reaching my arms up hoping to hold on to a branch.

I guess I jumped a bit too hard since I was already past the roof of the 2 story house. Next thing I knew I was falling, the ground coming closer to me. I closed my eyes and braced myself for impact. I opened my eyes after a couple minutes. Then I realized I already hit the ground . I stood up and dusted myself off. There was dirt all around me. It looked as if a medium sized meteorite landed in the garden.

Uh Oh. I thought. Esme will get mad at me. I don’t want her to think I’m a delinquent. I really am strong and heavy? I bent down to clean up and fix the broken grass.

It was getting kind of late by the time I finished cleaning so I walked back into the house. Emmett and Rosalie were in their room, Carlisle and Esme were in the kitchen, and Edward, Bella, Jasper, and Alice were all in the living room. Playing on the x-box or reading a magazine. As soon as I stepped in they all looked at me.

“Violet, why are you so dirty?” asked Alice. She looked curious but I had a feeling she knew why I was so dirty. After all she is a vampire. Alice stood up and grabbed my arm.

“What are you doing?” I asked her.

“Going to take you a bath.”

I gave her a look. “Uhm, I’m sure I can clean myself.”

“No its okay. Think of it as a favor.” she smiled beautifully at me.

Giving in to her charm I sighed and let her take me to the bathroom. Before Alice could do anything else I stopped her. “Please don’t strip me. I know how to do it myself.”

“Oh alright.” said Alice as she set up my bath.

It felt awkward for me to have Alice waiting on me as I bathe, but other than that the bath was relaxing. After that Alice let me borrow some of her clothes. It was a bit loose but it was a nice fit.

She stepped back and looked at me. “I did very well.” She smiled.

“T-thank you.” If I were still a human I knew would have blushed.

“Now that I made you clean, don’t get yourself dirty.”

“Alright Alice.” I said.

She looked at me for a long time.

“Yes?” I asked.

“Nothing.” She said. “I guess I’ll leave you by yourself for a while.” She walked out of the room.

I looked around my new room. It was actually quite big. There was a medium sized bed against the wall with a pretty wall lamp next to it. On the opposite side there was a pretty black dresser. Beside it, a giant closet and a maroon rug in the middle of the room. One whole side of my room had a sliding glass door, luckily there were floor to ceiling curtains in case I needed any privacy.

After exploring the room a bit I lay down on the bed. It confused me since I thought vampires don’t sleep but it was worth a try. I closed my eyes and fell into darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay two chapters in one day pretty good. Haha
Leave me a comment =D
subscribe whatever haha Thanks