How Did I Fall for You?

Chapter 6

With the help of his teammates, Brynn was officially moved out of her brother's guest house in two days. It was two days of him watching Brayden and his teammates load the things she was taking with her, but not once did Andrew come and talk to her or even try and talk her out of moving out. Since Brynn and Brayden didn't have the time to find a place of their own, it was agreed upon that she would move in with Brayden and Kyle. That was at Kyle's suggestion and while Brayden was getting some extra practice in, Kyle was over there helping her get everything out of the guest house. With the last of her stuff in the bed of the truck, Kyle looked at Brynn as she looked around the place that she had called home for so long.

“Your sister and the kids are headed this way.”

Wiping the tears from her eyes, Brynn took a deep breath before she picked up her bag and headed out the door. Seeing her sister in law and the kids walking towards the truck, she looked up into the house and saw that her brother was watching her, but he wasn't coming out to say anything to her. Not to tell her good-bye or even ask her to stay. She didn't want to let him know how much it hurt her that he was being so stubborn about this issue, but it was a little late for anything to change. As soon as she placed her bag on the passenger's seat of the truck, she felt something tackle her legs.

Leaning down, she saw her nephew with tears in his eyes. Leaning down, she picked him up. “Don't go.”

“I'm not going that far,” Brynn smiled as she moved his dark brown hair from his eyes. “I promise I will still come and see you. And I'll even let you spend the night at my new place later on, okay? It'll be like a slumber party.”

“But why can't you stay here?”

“Auntie Brynn is just realizing that it is time that she moves out your daddy's house.”

“Jason can stay with mommy and daddy,” Davis told her. “I'll go with you.”

“Davis...”

“But then who is gonna look after mommy and daddy? Jason is still too young to do that. But you, you are the perfect age to watch after them to make sure they don't get into too much trouble.”

“No,” Davis cried as he put his head into her neck. “You gots to stay.”

“I'll be back,” Brynn told him as she rubbed his back. “I promise I'll be there to pick you up from skating on Tuesday and then you can come and hang out with me, okay?”

“Really?” Davis asked as he lifted his head off his aunt's shoulder.

“Yeah, you can.” Ellie smiled as she watched Brynn set Davis on his feet and then take Jason into her arms as her friend got into the driver's side of the truck.

“Be a good boy, okay?” Brynn whispered before kissing the side of his head. “And I'll see you later this week.”

Handing Jason back to his mother, Brynn smiled at Ellie before picking up Davis again. “Do you think he'll stop being mad soon?”

“You know how stubborn your brother can be,” Ellie said. “You are his baby sister and he thinks by not letting you live with Brayden here that it stops you from growing up anymore. He doesn't want to see you hurt, he has always been there for you through recitals and heartbreaks. When you got your first heartbreak, he didn't know what to do. Andrew doesn't like feeling as if there is nothing he can do for you.”

“I have to grow up sometime though,” Brynn said. “Brayden is a hockey player, but that doesn't mean he's going to hurt me. If he was going to do that, then wouldn't he have already done something? Just because he plays hockey doesn't make him a jerk. Kyle plays hockey and he looks out for me. He can see how happy Brayden and I are. I just thought that my own brother, my blood would want me happy.”

“He does want you happy, but he thinks that you are making one of the biggest mistakes of your life,” Ellie said. “He thinks that you and Brayden are just gonna end up doing something you might not be ready for.”

“Like what? Get pregnant?” Brynn asked with a roll of her eyes. “I'm not like most girls and I figured that he'd want me to have someone that loves me and not just for the other stuff. If he would have given Brayden a chance, he might actually see how happy I am with him. Instead he's in the house thinking that I'm going to change my mind about leaving.”

“Will you change your mind?” Ellie asked. “Is there a chance that you might want to just forget this and move back into the guest house? There would be no shame in it.”

“If Brayden can move in with me, then yes, but we both know that won't happen anytime this century. I guess thinking that he'll come out and say good-bye to me is a bit out of reach, right?”

“He loves you,” Ellie told her. “We all do. He'll come around. Just give it some time.”

“I need to get going,” Brynn said, kissing Davis' head one more time. “Brayden and I are looking at going to the movies tonight.”

“We pay your phone bill,” Ellie told her. “Don't worry about it being turned off. I won't let it happen. One less thing for you to worry about.”

“Thanks Ellie,” Brynn said as she set Davis on his feet and gave her sister in law a hug, but careful not to squish Jason who was falling asleep in his mother's arms. “I guess I should give you back the house keys and what not.”

“No,” Ellie said shaking her head. “Keep the keys. Just in case of an emergency or if you just want to stop by or if you have the boys and need to get inside the house.”

“Be good for mommy and I'll see you later this week at practice,” Brynn told Davis before looking at Ellie. “Tell whoever takes him to the rink that I'll be there to pick him up.”

“I won't forget,” Ellie smiled. “Just be safe and remember that you can always come home if you need to.”

Nodding her head, Brynn slipped into the truck. Before shutting the door she looked at her nephews and then to the house that she knew her brother was inside of. Giving them a small smile, Brynn closed the door and buckled herself in before putting her shades on.

“So since it will be your first official night with me and Brayden, I will be over at Drew's tonight. So it'll just be you and Schenner, so have some fun and relax and consider it a welcome to your new home away from your family.”

“Thanks, Kyle,” Brynn smiled at him. “For everything. Letting me live with you and Brayden until-”

“You don't have to move out soon,” he told her. “It would be nice for us to come home to something after those long roadtrips.”

“I'm not doing your laundry,” Brynn smiled as she tried not to laugh. “But thank you.”

A week passed by quickly and Brynn was happy that it was the weekend because there was no rehearsals or classes and Brayden didn't have a game, practice and the team didn't have to fly out for an away game. It was just a weekend to relax for the both of them.

Opening her eyes when she felt a hand slip under the shirt she had fallen asleep in, Brynn rolled over so that she was now on top of Brayden. “So now you want to play when I waited up for you last night?”

“I can never say no to you,” Brayden said as his hand moved up until it covered one of her breasts. “Kyle isn't even home.”

“He's not?” Brynn asked.

“They stayed somewhere else,” Brayden said as he flipped her so she was laying back on her back. “I missed this.”

Feeling his lips on her neck as he squeezed her breast under the shirt, Brynn sighed as she ran a hand in his hair. Looking at Brayden who was only wearing his boxers, Brynn smiled as her hand went the the front of his boxers. “Well I guess someone sure was hoping to get lucky this morning.”

Grabbing the shirt and pulling it up, Brayden tossed it off the side of the bed. Putting his hand in the inside of her panties, he grinned at the feeling of the moisture that was already there. “Having a dirty dream?”

“Don't tease me right now,” Brynn told him. “Please Brayden.”

Kissing her lips, Brayden felt Brynn rub the outside of his boxers. Breaking away from her lips, he traveled down her neck and to the valley between her breasts. Running his tongue along the area before he blew air there. Hearing Brynn's intake of breath brought a grin to his face. While one of his hands went to her breast, his mouth covered the other. Running his tongue over the nipple, Brynn couldn't contain the moan any longer. “Bray...please....”

Ridding himself of his boxers, Brayden then took off Brynn's panties. Positioning himself at her entrance, he looked at her before pushing himself all the way in. Moving slowly at first, Brynn started moaning to get him to pick up the pace, which he did.

After they had both come, Brayden and Brynn laid in bed wrapped in each others arms. “Did you look for any places for us to look into?”

“No,” Brynn said. “I talked to Kyle when I left Andrew's place that day. He told me to take our time that he likes having someone to come home to at the apartment.”

“He likes you.”

“Well unlike my brother, Kyle can see how happy we are together. Sometimes I forget that I need to be happy too and other people will have to take a backseat for that to happen.”

“Did you ever talk to Andrew about New York?”

“No,” Brynn sighed as she laid her head on his chest. “But it isn't as if I can talk to him about it right now.”

“Maybe you should try.”

“I think he just needs time to get over the shock that I've left his place to be with someone.”

“I can't say I'm sorry about that.”

Brynn smiled, “I'm not sorry either.”

Leaning over with the sheet covering her up, she kissed Brayden sweetly before laying her head on his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
There is the next chapter. Let me know what you think!!

Oh and I have a new story in the works. It is a TJ Oshie story so if you wanna read, click here