Children Surrender

Children Surrender

WE ARE BORN INTO THE NIGHT LIKE CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED

When you're forced to live a lie every day it's trying. People really don't question my when it come to my sexuality. They always just assume that I'm gay ( and they are right) or they call me out on it.

Unfortunately when you're dating your band's bassets things get complicated. We can't tell anyone, that would spell doom for not only our band but our relationship. Some times it feels like crucifixion just for being you.

OUR PAIN WILL SHINE A LIGHT TO THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND

I took another drag from my cigarette and blew the toxic smoke into the crisp night air. The gentle breeze felt good against my flushed skin. Our set had just ended and the masses disappeared for the most part. Now I was coming down off my stage high and coming back to Earth.

ORDER SOMEONE ELSE

An obviously drunk kid stumbled back to where I was. His hair was messed up from moshing and sweat. He looked at me with wild eyes.

"I-I know you man!" he slurred.

"Really?" I said sarcastically. No shit Sherlock you're at my show.

"You're that faggot, Andy Six!" he laughed. The rage filled me as I dropped my cigarette. I hated that name.

Ever since junior high, I've been called that name, by ignorant people who don't understand.

BLOOD WILL SHINE AGAIN

"Get the fuck out kid" I swore.

"Man, I-I could kickyourass"
"Mmmhum"
"Right now man let's go!"
"I'm not fighting some drunk kid" I said with all the strength I had left in me and calmly walking towards our bus. The kid continued yelling shit, half of it not even comprehensible English. Jake, Jinxx, and CC were still inside helping clean up the venue.

I slammed the door shut. Ashley who was reading a bass magazine jumped at the sudden noise.

"What's wrong with you?"
"I'm fucking tired of doing this! I hate having to listen day in and day out to these morons call me THAT name" He put down the magazine and walked over to me.

SINK YOUR TEETH INTO FOREVER

His lips crashed down hard on mine and those arms that brought me back to my sanity once again encased me.

"Don't worry about what they say"

SUN LIGHT BURNS CHILDREN SURRENDER

"I know, but after you hear it all the time you just break"
"Well I'll be right here to pick up the pieces"

A EXORCISE OF LIFE TO CUT BENEATH OUR HANDS

"I love you Ashley"
"I love you too baby" he echoed back. Our lips meet again.

LIKE SOULS WHO MISSED THEIR PLIGHT, WE'LL BLEED ALONG THE SAND

The anger had boiled down now. And as Ashley's hands slid up my shirtless torso his words were completely forgotten.

ORDER SOMEONE ELSE

Our clumsy foot steps brought us back to the farthest part of the bus and down to the carpeted floor.

BLOOD WILL SHINE AGAIN

His hands explored the rest of my body as mine stayed wrapped around his neck, begging to be touched.

WHOA OH OH WHOA OH OH SINK YOUR TEETH INTO FOREVER

He bit down on my neck causing pain and pleasure to course through me.

SUN LIGHT BURNS CHILDREN SURRENDER

"Ashley, take me" I moaned.

SINK YOUR TEETH INTO FOREVER

"Gladly" he replied. He was my escape, my greatest drug, and my love.

SINK YOUR TEETH INTO FOREVER SUN LIGHT BURNS CHILDREN SURRENDER