Never Give In

Never Give In

They sat together on the tour bus, cuddling and gigging.

A REASON A VICTIM

The sit made me sick. I hated her. Yet, I was jealous of her, for she held the one thing I wanted, Ashley. Her name was Lisa, and she was his world. I sat opposite from them silently watching and burning. I loved him, with all my heart, but of course I was nothing but a band mate and friend to him.

A SHADOW VACANT IN THE SKY

Her eyes turned to his.
"I love you" she whispered to him.

"I-I love you too" he said, with a hint of unsurity in his voice. The words pushed me past the limit. I got up and ran to the back of the bus, out of breath. Locking the door before sliding down it's back and barring my face in my hands. The words I lived by came back, never give in. Fight. Fight for what you love. The very words my parents preached to me.

A YEARNING FOR WHAT'S MISSING

Every night I lied awake, wanting to look over to see his smiling face and he would tell ME he loved me, not her. I felt my lungs short of breath. I saw them walk outside her perfect blond hair blowing in the breeze as she said goodbye to him. To which he smiled and kissed her on the cheek.

A POWER HIDDEN IN THE NIGHT

It was growing dark and he watched her drive away. He looked lost in thought. Almost as if questioning his very existence.

"Why don't you love me" I whispered. There was a soft knock on the beaten up wooden door. I couldn't very well stay locked up back here. I mean I'm Andy Six, they would find me.

"Andy you in there?" CC's voice called from the other side.

"Yeah"
"Can I come in man, I have to work on something"
"Sure" I said before getting up and unlocking the door. He walked in lap top in tow. It was a miracle I had managed not to cry. I usually broke down at the very thought of them together.

AN ANGEL OR DEMON

"Yo, Andy there you are man" Ashley said running over and putting me in a head lock.

"Hey"
"I've been looking everywhere for your ass"
"I've been in here" I stupidly answered. No shit Sherlock, of course he knows that.

"Man, I need to talk to you" he said letting go of my head and pushing his silky black hair back.

"Sure"
"Can we talk in the bunks"
"Umm, I guess"

YOUR GODS YOU PRAYED TO ON LONESOME NIGHTS

We got back to the bunks and he sat down on his bottom bunk, putting his face in his hands. Sensing sometime wrong, with the normally so confident boy I bent down next to him.

"What's the matter?"
"Man, I don't know, it's about Lisa" the name hit me like a bullet.

"Oh"

THE DAMAGE INFLICTED

"She told me she loved me"
"I heard"
"But I don't know if I love her back"
"How am I suppose to help you with that" I said rather coldly.

"Well, I mean actually I do know, I don't love her, I know I should I mean we've been together for five months now and I usually know if I love somebody within the first two"

"Have you ever been in love?"
"Yes"
"What happened?"
"I never told them"
"Oh"
"To this day it's the biggest regret of my life" he said with a sad smile.

THE PAIN IN US THEY LEAVE BEHIND

"If you don't love her break up with her"
"It's not that easy, I don't want to hurt her"
"Tough shit, sometimes you hurt people"
"Damn what's wrong with you"

A lot.

NEVER GIVE IN

I felt the tears coming, and I tried in vein to choke them back. He grabbed my hand and traced my fingers softly with his, again deep in thought.

NEVER BACK DOWN

I was able to keep myself under control. Ashley was still playing with my fingers, I didn't want to disturb him, desprate for any attion of his.

NEVER GIVE IN

"Do you think I should they them I love them?"
"What do you mean"
"The person that I love"
"I thought you said it's the biggest regret, you still talk to them?"

WE'RE SOILDERS INSTINCTIVE

"Of course I do, like I said I love them" Somehow this was worse then seeing him and Lisa together. I guess because he actually loved this person. I really didn't want to know who it was, that would distroy me.

WE CAN BRING CHANGE BEFORE WE DIE

"Look Ashley, I don't really care very much" I lied. Truth be told, I cared way to much.

"Why are you acting like this?" he said standing up so we were face to face. Anger in his eyes.

THROUGH TAILS OF THE DEMONS

"Because Ashley"
"Because why?"
"Why should I tell you, it wouldn't matter"
"Try me"

TO FEEL WHAT LIES BENATHE OUR EYES

I felt the tears coming again. Was he mad at me? This time I wasn't strong enough to hold them back. I fled to the front of the bus, hoping he wouldn't follow me. He did.

"ANDY!"

NEVER GIVE IN

"WHAT?"
"Please just tell me!"
"Fine, you're going to hate me, but fine I'll tell you"
"I don't want to talk about Lisa or this other girl, because I fucking love you, okay it kills me to see you with her" I finally broke down saying. The tears were streaming down my cheeks. I must look like a fool. A fool he could never love.

NEVER BACK DOWN

"Andy-"
"No, please don't say it okay, I know you don't love me that way, but I can't help it"
"Andy, please let me talk, I never said anything about loving another girl"
"Yes you did you said you were in love with someone"
"What made you think that someone was a girl?"

NEVER GIVE IN NEVER BACK DOWN

"What?" I studdered shocked.

WHEN YOUR LIFE FEELS LOST (FIGHT AGAINST ALL ODDS)

His hand caressed my cheek, sending a shiver down my spin.

"Andy that person I'm in love with is...."

NEVER GIVE IN (NEVER BACK DOWN!"

"..You"
"Me?" I said in utter disbelief.

"Yes''
"I've loved you since I first laid eyes on you, you're perfect, and I was just afraid that you wouldn't feel the same about me"
"Ashley I'm so happy, I don't know what to say"
"Then don't say anything" he said moving closer to me so that our lips touched.

NEVER GIVE IN

"Tomorrow I'm breaking up with Lisa" he said breaking the kiss.

"Really?"
"Yes, on one condition"
"What is that?"
"That you'll be mine"
"Oh my fucking god, yes of course I will!" I practically screamed.

NEVER BACK DOWN

Our lips moved together. And I no longer did I doubt myself. I was glad I never gave in.

NEVER GIVE IN NEVER BACK DOWN!!