Status: Active :)

Pieces

I Thought I Lost Before

It was the weekend again and Adrian wanted to spend it with Jasper.

She didn't want to go any place, just wanted to stay home.

Jasper insisted that he had to go hunting earlier in the week and was gone for three days.

Today, he was coming back and Adrian was ready.

She wanted tonight to be special.

She went around the living room lighting candles and and incense sticks.

She put her iPod in the dock and pressed shuffle before heading to go take a shower.

When she came out, Adrian put on an over sized white t-shirt and some green and blue boxer shorts.

She left her hair down and didn't put any makeup on.

Jasper said he loved her without it.

She was eating the remnants of a bowl of strawberry ice cream when Jasper walked in.

He locked the door behind him like he usually did and sat down on the sofa.

"Happy hunting?" Adrian asked as she washed out her bowl.

Jasper smiled and was at her side in a flash.

"Not quite. I was away from you. I'm sure it drove Edward to his wit's end. Why the candles and music? If you wanted to stay in, all you had to do was ask."

Adrian smiled coyly and stood on her tip toes to kiss Jasper.

He picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist as he carried her to the blankets she'd set up in front of the sofa.

They both lay there for a while, holding each other's hands, staring at each other, saying all that needed to be said with silence.

Adrian rolled over so that she was on top of Jasper, just as Comes and Goes (In Waves) by George Laswell filled the room.

She looked into Jasper's eyes and wrapper her arms around his neck the same time he wrapped his arms around her waist.

Tears filled her eyes and Jasper looked at her in concern. "What's wrong, darlin'?" he asked.

Adrian smiled shortly and blinked, letting the tears fall from her face.

"I don't know. Maybe it's cause for the first time in my life...I feel...happy, you know? Like I have something to look forward to, some purpose in life, something to live for." she said, before burying her face in the crook of Jasper's neck.

His arms moved up so that they engulfed her torso.

"I wish it could be this forever, you and me like this. I have never felt anything like what I feel when I'm with you. I'm happy, I'm excited, I'm proud, I'm...it's the craziest thing I've ever felt. My whole existence I've wondered why I was made into a vampire at all, and I know now you were the reason. Someone was thinking of you when I was turned."

Another tear came from Adrian's eyes and fell down Jasper's neck.

She sat up a bit and placed a long, passionate kiss on his mouth.

She was afraid he would push her way, afraid he would stop her and tell her he might lose control.

But that was what tonight was for: his control.

Two hours later, his clothes joined hers in a pile on the other side of the room.

Adrian panted slightly and pushed a hand through her hair.

She looked over at Jasper who was smiling at her.

"You're making me feel like I did something wrong, Jasper. I know I'm a virgin but--"

"But you did everything right, sweetheart. You were absolutely amazing." he said proudly.

Adrian rolled her eyes and propped herself up on her arm, positioning herself so that she was hanging over Jasper just slightly.

"You're not lying to me?"

Jasper almost looked insulted.

"I would never lie to you, Adrian. If nothing else, I am a man of my word. Anyone would tell you that."

She smiled slightly at this and resumed her spot on top of him, her face in his neck. "I know you're an honest man, Jasper."

It was the last thing she said before falling asleep.

Jasper lay there, unable to reach the land lethargy himself.

But with the soft and steady beat of Adrian's heart, coupled with her now even breathing, he found that he almost could.

For a moment, he almost felt human.