Status: Active :)

Pieces

A Thousand Miles Away From You

One step inside the building made her decide she didn't like it instantly.

Forks High School was a nice sized school but that wasn't what made her hate it. It was the people inside. They were terrible.

They made Adrian feel claustrophobic.

She shoved around them to the front office and got her schedule, locker assignment, and map of the school.

Adrian had Study Hall first and fifth period, which was good for her because she could leave campus during these times. And she took that advantage.

She got breakfast at a McDonald's in Port Angeles and took her time getting back to school. When she did, she was two minutes late for English with Mr. Ellis.

Apparently, they were beginning a project on great literary figures in history. This particular project would require a partner.

Mr. Ellis began pairing people up.

Adrian tuned him out completely and stared out the window at the paper white sky. The leaves were beginning to fall from the trees.

Rebecca had loved that.

Adrian's vision became blurred as tears obscured her eyes. She blinked hard and they fell, making small, wet circles on her jeans.

Someone tapped her shoulder gently.

She looked over and saw a boy taller than her, possibly 6'3, with hair the color of gold and eyes the same color. His skin seemed to match the color of the sky, in Adrian's opinion. He looked quiet.

"Yeah?" she asked, her voice cracking.

A look of what looked like sympathy and sorrow crossed the boy's face. "I'm Jasper Hale, your partner. Are you alright?"

Adrian swallowed hard and shoved her hands in her eyes to wipe away the tears that resided there.

"Fine. Allergies, I guess." she supplied, knowing he didn't believe it.

"You and I are assigned to to Jane Austen." Jasper explained, writing quickly in a notebook.

Adrian stayed quiet the entire time, her gaze returning to the window. She couldn't talk right now, only listen.

And the sound of Rebecca's voice pressed on her ears.

And her heart.

And her mind.

Adrian shoved away from the desk and raced from the classroom. She had to get someplace quick. Rebecca's voice was beginning to drive her insane.

It was all she heard these days.

She knew that Mr. Ellis might probably give her detention for leaving the classroom early, but at the moment she didn't really care. He could give her as many detentions as he chose to.

Adrian stopped in a deserted hallway of the school that looked as if it hadn't been used in a very, very long time.

"STOP! STOP!" Adrian screamed at the top of her lungs, spinning in a circle through the hallway.

She fell to the ground and her head fell into her arms. Sobs echoed off the abandoned walls of the hallway.

Nobody would hear her or find her hear.

And that was the sad part to her.

Even in grief, she was still alone.