Status: Active :)

Pieces

I've Lost So Much Along The Way

It was Friday night and Jasper was at Adrian's house, yet again. They were what most people would call an item but Jasper knew he would have to tell her tonight what he was. He sighed as he sat next to her on the sofa.

"There's something I need to tell you."

She looked at him and all he saw was the love in her eyes that she hadn't professed to him yet. He wanted to tell her how much he loved her, too, but he had to tell her this first.

"There's something about me you don't know. I'm not...human." Jasper said quietly.

Adrian wrapped the blanket she was using around her tightly. "I don't quite know what that means, but okay. What are you?"

Jasper closed his eyes and sighed. He wanted to make sure he looked her in the eyes when he said this. "I am...a vampire."

An awkward silence stretched through the room and Adrian just stared at him. Finally, she reached out and touched his face. "That would explain why your eyes are gold."

He was stunned. Jasper had at least expected her to back away from him, maybe scream, but she had surprised him by saying this.

"It would also explain why you move so fast through the house when I'm asleep. Yes, I've seen you do it. And it would explain why you're in the woods a lot. No missing person's reports here so you can't be drinking from humans. How do you feed?" she asked quietly.

Jasper had been stunned into silence but she expected an answer from him and he was going to give her one. "Animals."

She nodded. "Are you alone?"

He shook his head. "No, my family lives here, too. We're all vampires."

Adrian didn't say anything, but got up and busied herself making a sandwich. "Do they know about us?"

Yet again, he was surprised. "They really want to meet you."

Adrian smiled slightly, but it didn't reach her eyes. "Sounds nice. Maybe we can go by tomorrow.

"They're going to cook for you and ask questions. Just be prepared." Jasper said with a laugh. He was sitting on Adrian's bed, watching her get dressed.

He watched as she pulled on a pair of her nicest jeans, a tan, shimmering sweater, and matching booties. She pulled her blonde hair back so that it was half up before applying a very thing layer of eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss.

"You shouldn't do that." Jasper found himself saying.

"Do what?" Adrian had paused midway of putting blush on her cheeks.

"Wear makeup. You look beautiful without it."

Adrian showed a small smile to Jasper as she finished with the blush. "Well, some people never hear things like that in their life, and after so long of never hearing it, its better to do what they've been doing."

He nodded and continued watching her.

They pulled up to a rather large house in the woods that looked like a giant, modernized cabin. There was a large deck behind the house along with a pond that was beginning to get frozen from the cold weather. Trees stood in front of the raised house and Adrian found herself gasping.

"It's beautiful." she said quietly.

Jasper smiled and led her inside, where he took her coat from her and put it on the rack. Coldplay could be heard throughout the house and Adrian found herself strangely at ease. She walked with Jasper to the kitchen where a short woman with caramel hair was cooking. She was wearing a red sweater and jeans that Adrian couldn't possibly ever have afforded. But she didn't terrify Adrian.

"Esme, this Adrian." Jasper said, breaking the silence.

The woman, Esme, Jasper had called her, turned around and smiled at Adrian. She instantly felt bad. How could she ever compare to this woman? She looked at Jasper quickly and wondered what he was doing with her.

"It's so wonderful to meet you, sweetheart. Jasper's told me all about you." Esme said, hugging Adrian firmly. It made her think of the way her mother used to hug her.

And Adrian didn't feel bad anymore.

"You too."

Just then a man at least a foot taller than Esme came in. His hair was only a shade darker than Jasper's and his eyes were the exact same color gold. He was wearing a dark blue sweater, black pants, and dress shoes.

"This is my father, Carlisle. Carlisle, this is Adrian." Jasper said.

Carlisle hugged her just as Esme had, and Adrian was reminded of the way her father used to hug her before her mother died.

"It's so good to meet you, Adrian. Jasper just wouldn't be quiet about you. We were starting to wonder if we'd ever meet you." Carlisle said with a laugh that instantly made Adrian feel good.

Jasper held my hand and guided me to the living room where four other people were sitting. A guy with bronze hair, another guy with curly, dark hair, a girl with blonde hair, and a short girl with dark hair.

"This is Edward, Emmett, Rosalie, and Alice, my siblings." Jasper said with bated breath. He had already briefed her on Rosalie so Adrian was waiting with bated breath, too.

"Good to finally meet you." the guy with bronze hair, Edward, said with a smile.

"Woah, Jazz, she's even prettier than you said." the big, brown haired guy, Emmett said with a smile that instantly made Adrian feel at ease.

"Right? We're glad to get to meet you! We started wondering if Jasper made you up!' the short dark haired girl, Alice, said, hugging Adrian tightly.

The tall, blonde girl that resembled a supermodel, Rosalie, eyed Adrian quietly. She didn't say anything and the room was filled with a awkward silence.

"Hey, Adrian, do you play Modern Warfare? I got Black Ops and no one around here knows how to play it. Please, tell me you at least have some sort of knowledge of how to play?" Emmett pleaded, holding an XBox controller out to her.

Adrian took it and smiled. "It's my favorite game."

3 Hours Later...

"Dude, stop it! You won't even let me get a shot in!" Emmett whined as Adrian fired at him. Her laugh filled the room as her hands traveled across the controller.

"If the purpose of the game was to let you get a shot in, it wouldn't be called Modern Warfare. Bam!" she said as she delivered a final round of shots to Emmett.

He dropped the controller and stared at her in awe. "You...you beat me. I don't believe it."

Adrian smiled and pointed at the TV screen. "See that? Where it says you died? That means I won. Believe it."

"Rematch."

"No. What else do you have?" Adrian asked, kneeling down in front of the entertainment center the TV was situated on top of.

"Uh, there's HALO in there or Madden. I have other stuff in there, too, but those are my favorites." Emmett said, feigning sadness.

"Madden..." Adrian said, trying to find it.

She stuck it in the XBox just as Esme yelled, "Dinner's ready!"

Jasper had already told her that they couldn't eat human food so she wasn't surprised when no one got up except Jasper. "We'll finish this when I finish eating." she said to Jasper.

They walked into the kitchen and sat down at the island where Esme had set a plate of spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, and orange juice. Adrian dug in and was finished in less than five minutes.

"I usually don't eat that fast but....wow! That was the best dinner I've had in a long time." Adrian said as she washed out her plate.

Esme smiled. "I'm glad you liked it."

Soon, Adrian had returned to the living room, but Rosalie and Alice were no longer there. Adrian sat down next to Emmett, who cut on the game.

"Who are you playing with?" Emmett asked.

"New Orleans Saints. You?"

"Tennessee Titans."

They were quiet as they picked their teams and started playing. But for the next two hours, the room was filled with "No way! That was a foul!" and "Offsides! Don't even deny it!" and "Interception! In your face!"

They had just finished playing the game when a box popped up on the screen. Message on XBox Live it read.

Emmett got up to go get something and Adrian clicked the message. What she saw next was the reason she fainted.

From: RebeccaJW2k10 8:43 p.m.

Miss me, A?