Status: Complete

Boys Of Summer

-02-

MAIN POV

'Well, I wasn't exactly expecting that.' I was just punched in the face by some idiot in the middle of a mosh pit. He'd been pinching my butt and trying to grope me for a few minutes. Him and his mates seemed to think that was quite funny.

I'd been hassled by people, mostly guys, since I arrived at the arena. So what, I didn't look like a typical emo or punk, or any other stereotype really. But just because I didn't look like I belonged didn't mean I wasn't there to have a good time.

So anyway, I turned around to tell him to piss off and raised my fist to punch him, but the asshole punched me first! I didn't have a chance to punch him, because I was being dragged backwards, towards the stage. I think I managed to kick him in the nuts though.

I was pulled over the security barrier and backstage. The security guy gave me a wry smile as he left me in the First Aid room. Guess he was used to stuff like this. I sat there, still kinda shocked while the woman looked at my eye. It didn't really hurt that much Ive felt much worse at the bottom of a ruck, playing rugby.

Just as the woman was finishing up, giving me a glass of water and two pills to take, a head of black hair with a purple fringe poked around the corner.

"You ok? I knew something was going to happen." The rest of his body came into view. Kinda skinny, short for a guy, cute. He was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, both of which were quite tight, showing off a great body.

"Umm ok? Yea, I'm fine. Ive had worse. Sorry, but who are you?" So I'm rude, get over it. You would be too if you were in my situation. Well, maybe not.

"Pete Wentz, of Fall Out Boy, at your service."

I had to laugh at the bow that followed. Strange guy, but at least he's funny and he DOES have a gorgeous grin.

"Nice to meet you Pete. I better get back out there though, don't wanna miss too much of the show because of some asshole." I started to head back the way I'd come.

"Wait," he grabbed my arm gently, "You don't have to go back out there. Come watch the rest from backstage. The guys and I normally watch from the side of the stage. We want you to watch with us." Aw how sweet! And that grin is definitely hard to refuse.

"Sure, I guess I could do that. The view's probably better too." Ok, yes I checked out his ass with that comment. So I was flirting a wee bit, I cant help it! I get called a tease because I'm always flirting, but thats just me. If I flirt it means I'm comfortable. Normally I'm really shy, but once I feel comfortable I open up a lot.

I followed Pete down a few hallways and up some stairs, the music getting louder with each step. As we stepped through the last doorway I was almost blinded by the stage lights. I seriously don't know how people can put up with those, I guess you just have to get used to them.

As the song ended Pete introduced me to the rest of his band. Andy waved from his spot on an amp where he was playing with what looked like a phone. Joe gave me a quick hug and asked about my eye. Patrick gave me a hug as well. I told them about the guy groping me, how the punch didn't actually hurt much, and some other random stuff like my name. It must have been a break in the set, because we were able to talk easily for a few minutes. I was just glancing over Patrick's head to check when the music started back up.

We broke up our little group, Patrick going to check what Andy was up to, Pete went to the front of the stage and talked to the security while Joe stayed with me. Later on Patrick came back over and Joe left. Pete was being an idiot dancing around. It looked like fun, so Patrick and I joined in for the last few songs.

This was definitely the best concert I have ever been to.

After the songs ended we headed down to the Fall Out Boy dressing room. Pete explained how he'd seen me being hassled during their set, and how he'd told Gerard to look out for me. I had to give him a hug for that (really, who needs an excuse?).

After about ten minutes we left their dressing room and Pete guided me along the corridor until he knocked on a door. He leaned his head around the corner and said something about a damsel. I wasn't really listening. Just thinking about how I would say thanks to Gerard. Next thing I know I'm being pulled through the doorway.

"Are you sure they don't mind? What do I say?"

Ok, so I was just slightly freaking. Pete pointed towards Gerard who was smiling at me, and said, "Don't worry, they don't bite much."

'Oh, what the hell, just go for it!' I thought.