Status: Complete

Boys Of Summer

-32-

MAIN POV

After what felt like forever just standing around in the background, chatting quietly with the other MCR girls, I was bored as hell. Sure it was great seeing so many celebrities around, but watching the guys go through interview after interview, then having to pose for photos was only so entertaining. Gerard was giving me funny looks every time he turned in my direction, being such an adorable dork that I couldn't help but want to go and tease him. But this definitely wasn't the place for that.

Looking further up the carpet I managed to spot Pete's white jacket standing out amongst the mostly darker outfits. Letting the other girls know where I was going I headed up to check how Drea was doing, while Eve decided to tag along for the ride.

"Hey girlie, how's it hangin?" I spoke into Drea's ear once I'd stealthily snuck up beside her.

She let out a shriek, earning laughs and glances from most of the people in the vicinity, while she took a swipe at my arm. Pete and the other guys had been the ones laughing the hardest once they realised what was going on, completely ruining the interview they were in the middle of.

Breaking away from the small cluster, while the host was trying to get them back on track, Pete came over and grabbed me out of the hug I was giving Drea, pulling me back with him.

"Sorry about our little breakdown there," he smiled at the camera, taking over the situation. "This girl right here is to blame." As he spoke he pulled me half in front of him, "She's our amazingly good friend Rachel, and she was supposed to be my date today... Until Gerard stole her," he pouted for effect.

The interviewer, some guy from some channel I'd never even heard of, was a little taken aback at the way his chance to talk to the band had been overshadowed, but it finally dawned on him that he'd scooped an exclusive. As the other guys gave me quick hugs I could hear him trying to get more information about my relationship with them. Laughing to myself I leaned in to give Pete a slobbery kiss on the cheek, much the same as I had done the morning I joined the tour.

"That's the only action any of them get from me," I spat at the guy with a glare, before smiling excitedly at the camera and making a hasty exit.

Knowing it probably wasn't a good idea to stay around and cause any more trouble Eve suggested we head inside the theatre and get ourselves some drinks to enjoy in the coolness of the air-conditioned lobby while we waited. Everyone agreed so I sent them on their way, going back to tell the other girls what was going on. We were just about to walk off when Mikey came back to talk, the rest of the band soon following.

"Um, we might have a bit of a problem," I confessed to Gerard as he gently took hold of my hand, making sure to shield the action from the general view. "Pete dragged me into one of their interviews and I gave the guy a little shit for insinuating there was something going on with us."

After having to recall the incident fully to satisfy everyone's curiosity Gerard insisted that everything would be fine, and thought that they would probably just cut that out of their piece anyway. What kind of reporter would want to be shown up? And even if it was still shown we all knew what the real situation was.

"Anyway, we're going to hang inside, so we'll see you boys later," Bob's girlfriend Natalie was getting impatient in the heat.

Not even thinking I leaned in to give Gerard a kiss goodbye, only to hear the distinctive clicking of cameras going of in a frenzy from around us.

"At least now we don't have to worry about the Pete rumours?" I laughed nervously, hoping Gerard wouldn't mind that our relationship was now public. As much as I liked to keep things private, especially with the amount of attention the bands got, it was almost better to just get it out there so people could have their five minutes of criticism and get it over with.

Gerard only laughed, stroking my cheek with his thumb while pecking my lips a few more times before he let me go. "I wasn't going to worry anyway," he smirked, that cocky look of his letting me know he couldn't care less if everyone and their mother knew about us, because I was his and that was all that mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG i'm not dead!!
I'm completely sorry about not having any updates out lately, i just really haven't felt any inspiration for this story. Thanks for sticking with me, i really appreciate it =D

AND i have a new story up! Where Do I Begin? All I Know Is Gone
It's a Bullet For My Valentine story, but i hope you'll still check it out, even if you don't know/like the band. I'm really loving writing this one, so let me know what you think if you have a read.

Also, i have to plug The Rules Of Invisibility because i love it and more people need to go read it! And you should also check out her other story too =]

I think that's everything... Comments and such are appreciated. I know this was a little cheesy and cliched, but i'm like that =p