‹ Prequel: Fate Keeps Loathing.
Status: Finished.

Starting Forever.

Finals.

I sighed. Tapping my pencil against the table in front of me lightly. The gym was filled with kids sitting at desks, something unusual but seeing it was finals. This place was set up for the seriousness of school and not the fun and games. I finished up the English essay my teacher had made me write for the three hour period and flipped over the paper.

“Any students who are finished their exam may now leave quietly” spoke up the principal. A few sighs and people started getting up and heading out of the gym, I of course was one of them.

Since today was the final day of exams of my high school career a ping of excitement ran through me as I exited the gym. I smiled walking out and around to the parking lot. My eyes searched around, eventually landing on the large black truck which belonged to my boyfriend. Make that my, vampire boyfriend who I had been dating for almost two years at this point.
I skipped over to the truck and got in turning to him as I shut the door. “Hey” I smiled and kissed him lightly. He smiled. “How was the exam” “Long and boring but its all over, in a few days, high school will be complete!” I sighed relaxing down in my seat as he drove off back to the house we lived at.
Back their I would find my five best friends who also happened to be bloodsuckers. I was the only human in the house, and time to time, things got a little crazy but we all managed to get through a lot. But it would only be a matter of weeks now before my human form would be trapped in time forever.

The debate was over when and where. It had started to be like that ever since Charles, one of the few original vampires found out I knew the secrets everyone else in the world didn't know about.
So my fate was stuck to being coming what I never imagined my boyfriend was a year earlier.

We pulled up into the drive way and he cut the gas.
“EMILY!!” Caro yelled running out and hugging me. I made a weird face and looked at her as she pulled away from the hug. “We have to pick out what you're going to wear graduation night!” she bounced up and down. “Does it matter? No one will see it under the huge gown I have to wear” I spoke making a point. “Yeah, but after that theirs a party in town and you and JC are going because, well you're part of the graduating class, so come on!” she yanked me towards the truck again. “Jimmy drive us to the mall!” “Uh...” “NOW!” She yelled jumping in the backseat. I rolled my eyes and got in. “Ok...”

Caro pretty much forced Jimmy to speed to the mall even though we all knew it wasn't going to go anywheres. Dragging me into a bunch of stores and throwing clothes my way I barely had time to walk for myself when I was pushed into a dressing room.
“I am not wearing these clothes Caro” I spoke looking at what she had picked for me. “Can't jeans and a t-shirt do?” “Emily, everyones going to be dressed up, you saw everyone last year” she yelled at me on the other side of the door. I rolled my eyes. “Its not going to happen Cee” I spoke. “Just give in Caro, Emily's not going to get dressed up” Jimmy spoke still with us. “UGH! Fine!” She huffed and walked off. I changed back into my own clothes and walked out just to be pushed back into the dressing room. “How about these!” she yelled and shut the door. I locked it and looked through the shirts and jeans. I picked out the black jeans and pulled them on. They looked good and I changed into and tried on the shirts. “I'll take the black jeans and this pink shirt” I threw the clothes over the top of the dressing area. “Okay, I'll go pay” she spoke.

I walked out after getting dressed and Jimmy and I walked out of the store. We hung around the mall a while longer before heading home for the guys to be back in time to leave for the night.

My only issue with being human in a house full of vampires was when they got hungry, you didn't fuck with them. They all got moody and sassy.
“See you tomorrow morning” I kissed him goodbye as everyone walked out of the house. “All the doors and windows are locked” he looked around getting paranoid again. I rolled my eyes. “Yes, now go before the others bite your head off” I pushed him out the door. “Goodnight love” he grinned showing his fangs through the dim light. “Goodnight I whispered and shut the door locking it like he wanted me too. I sighed and walked slowly upstairs. It was times like these when I was left alone I thought about my parents. It had been six months since I had lost them. Christmas day after I came home from work their they were, lying around the living room, blood all over the place, their lives taken. The images were painted into my mind forever which sometimes haunted me. I frowned and turned the corner heading down to the room which was basically mine. I quietly crawled into bed and turned on the TV sinking down into the soft sheets and letting my tired eyes slowly close on their own. The music playing on the TV fading away as I drifted off to sleep.
“Emily”
My eyes snapped open as I heard my name in the distance. But when I looked around it was still dark and everything was silent. I groaned and turned over feeling the other side of my bed heavy. I smiled and snuggled into the body beside me. He reacted by slinging his arm around me as I closed my eyes again. The next time I'd open my eyes the sun would be shining brightly up in the sky.