‹ Prequel: Fate Keeps Loathing.
Status: Finished.

Starting Forever.

Birthdays.

Brian's birthday was a hit. Even with just the seven of us everything went perfect. “Wow for 150 you are sure looking good” I laughed. “Hey, if you don't shut it you might not make it to 18 kid” he warned playfully. I laughed and turned to Jimmy who smirked. “Yeah, like you'd be able to do that” I teased. “Oh I could.” “With this around?” I asked slapping Jimmy in the arm. “This?” he spoke offended. “Yeah, this” I walked up to him and ran my hand down in chest. He smirked. “With this, you wouldn't get close to me” I smiled. “Okay. Fine” Brian sighed and walked away. I smiled. At least I knew I was more protected here than at my aunts.

“EMILY WE HAVE TO GO!” Yelled Caro running down the stairs. Even though she was yelling it through the house I barely paid attention, my lips were currently a little busy at the time. I sat up on the island in the kitchen. My legs on either side of him as he stood in front of me. Caro must have walked in because I heard an 'UGH' sound. “Okay you two, part now, snap snap” she spoke literally pulling us apart. “You can eat her face later, I need her now” I rolled my eyes and she pushed him away so I come jump down. “Where are we going and why the rush?” I asked. “We need to go shopping, haven't you noticed you've run outta ...food!” she turned to me. I nodded. “Yeah, but I'm ok, I might start just drinking blood, get an early start” She made a face. “Yeah...you'd take one drink and spit it out!” she stated. I laughed. Yeah I would probably do that. “Fine, lets go, I'll drive” I spoke and grabbed my things. Purse, wallet, phone and ipod. I plugged my Ipod into the car dock as soon as I got in and chucked my beg in the back seat. We drove off and let the music played between us.
“So what does it taste like...to you?” I asked randomly stopping at a red light. “Like... the best thing ever to a person” she spoke. “So...like red, gooey, human, chocolate?” I asked. She laughed out loud as I proceeded forward. “Yeah, ok, I guess” she giggled.

I parked and grabbed my beg before locking up and we headed into the store.
“So you're birthday is in like... a few days, what do you want from Zacky and I?” she asked as we passed through the aisles. “I dunno, something that will last me forever?” I grinned. Caro stopped as I walked along. We were in an empty aisle so we could talk more loudly about the secret stuff.
“Are...you not buying much because...IS HE GOING TO DO IT ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!” She almost screamed. I smiled giggling a little. “Well lately he's been getting a little... crazy. I can see it happening” I smiled. “And you're ready I can see it, oh my god!” she grinned widely. She hugged me. “So this means we'll have to get you clothes!” she laughed. I rolled my eyes. “Why what was on my original list, a can of ravioli or something?” “No! But... that can be your present if you want it to be” I shook my head. “No way, Buy me a decent bag and I'll love you forever” I spoke looking in the cart at my old dying purse. “WILL DO!” She nodded. I smiled as we passed the aisles of food.

We got him pretty quick. And I brought in my couple bags of food. “You didn't get much” Jimmy noticed as I put stuff away. “Meh, who said I'd need it for very much longer” I spoke expecting something in return like a whiny disagreeing answer.
But I turned around to see him smiling. “What?” I asked. “I'm confused, you mean you're willing to?” I asked taken back by this sudden agreement. He chuckled. “Well its going to have to happen sometime. Plus I did kind of say to Charles that it'd be around graduation...its past that now” he spoke. I nodded and smiled. “Its up to you love, all up to you” he spoke and walked over kissing my forehead and leaving the room. Hmm...easier than I thought.

The days passed quickly I ended up putting in for my last two weeks a couple days before my birthday. I would only have to get through two shifts of work as a vampire... but maybe I could play sick those days as well?
My insides bubbled as I woke up the day of. My eyes were exposed to another beautiful summer California day. I got up and looked out the window but soon wasn't alone. Arms wrapped around me. “Happy Birthday, beautiful” his smooth voice rang through my ear. I smiled and turned to him, his lips finding mine pretty quickly.
“Thanks handsome” I replied back. I spun around and turned to go get ready for the day. Leaving him behind as I went to shower and dress.

I returned less than an hour later, wearing my favorite pair of black jeans, a blue t shirt and my hair straight and make up all done. He lied on the bed smiling at me. “I'll be ready in no time” he spoke and rushed past me. I mentally sighed. I couldn't wait to be able to do that.

I walked downstairs to have the strong smell of bacon, eggs, and fresh made muffins hit me in the face. I turned into the kitchen to see Caro smack Zacky's hand away from the giant plate she had made up. “Good morning birthday girl!” she spoke noticing me. “Thank you” “Happy Birthday Em” Zack hugged me. “Thanks Zee” I smiled. “Seeing you try to eat what looks to be my breakfast?” I asked. He smiled. “What, it smells great, enjoy it while you're still alive” he grimly laughed. I smiled. This would probably be the last breakfast I'd ever eat. I was glad it looked like a good one. I pigged out on Caro's amazing cooking while waiting for Jimmy and as soon as I finished he walked downstairs. “Ready to go?” he asked. “Where to?” I asked walking out of the kitchen. “You'll see” he spoke. I gave him a weird look and followed him out the door. “Happy birthday EM!” Johnny hugged me as I walked out the door. “Thanks Johnny” I smiled and continued to follow Jimmy out into the woods. I looked around and followed him down the path towards the beach. “The beach?” I asked. He nodded. “Just me and you today” he smiled. I held his hand tightly as we walked along. We stopped once reaching the sandy shore. I smiled and kicked off my shoes running along the cool morning sand. I lied down and stared up at the bright blue sky. He lied down beside me. “I don't want to forget this day” I turned to him. “You won't love, you won't” he spoke caressing my cheek with his thumb. I smiled. Today was going to be perfect, I could feel it.